Band Names

SiamSam

Sorry, SS, i don't know any of your questions :sign0181:

What band was almost called Smell the glove?

Who was the recording artist responsible for getting Glenn Frey and Don Henley together to form the EAGLES? And what famous actor suggested they call themselves "The Eagles"?

Linda Ronstadt was the artist responsible for getting her two session members to come together to form a band. Steve Martin (also a serious musician) was the actor who suggested they call themselves the EAGLES.

Who was the first non UK artist to be signed to the Beatles APPLE label?

He had an encounter with Mark David Chapman on December 07th, 1980 the night before Chapman assassinated John Lennon.

James Taylor was the first non UK artist to be signed to the Beatles APPLE label. He has been haunted by the fact the night before John Lennon was assassinated Mark David Chapman approached him in New York and kept saying he was going to meet John Lennon the next day. 

How would any of us like to live with that memory?

I was going to say Clint Eastwood. I have a vague memory he met the guys when they were starting out. Or maybe it was when they broke up, did he have anything to do with them getting back together? 

That's a rhetorical question, I don't have the answer but if anyone does they are welcome to tell us.

What band was almost called Smell the glove?

I've never, ever heard of this but if the band are well known today, how about a hint before you give us the answer?

Cheers....           :hi:

I will give it till tomorrow, give some others a crack.

Thanks for the welcome the forum looks like a good one.

We are a small forum NIGHTRIDER, flame free and offer more that just ladyboy themed topics as you have probably noticed.  Good to have you with us and thanks for contributing so soon after joining. :hi:

• Upvote 1

If you are talking about Al "Blind Owl" Wilson I suspect you are getting a little esoteric for most of us here.

But Welcome to the forum!

Edit: Just saw the second part of your question: And I know the answer, I really do! But having lived through & fully participated in that era, including seeing this band in concert, including at the 40th anniverasary of Woodstock ( & at the original Woodstock) my aging impaired synapses can't bridge over to the section where the actual name is archived & I don't want to google it & impugn the spirit of the google free quiz here, but if I keep typing like tourot I hope a rush of info will come flooding out from some other neural pathways & this info will suddenly jump into focus.  Not yet... ok... Bob Hite... "Going Up The Country" ...... "Lets Live Together" ..... somebody help me out here... help an old man reclaim his past.... must.... reach....deeper....   (OK. I give up, it's just not coming, I'll remember as soon as I hit "Save").... 

• Upvote 2