Band Names

SiamSam

Yeah, the ''mildly successful'' was kind of meant as a joke, should've clarified

I know the humour well, it's something we do all the time. You caught me by unprepared.

Completely off-topic, imagine my surprise when I discovered Issan girls share the same ironic sarcastic style humour that I do. They all knew when I was joking & most of them played along with the gag. Some of the funniest girls I've ever met.

Wow, never would have guessed Babs on that one.

Tony Iommi of Black Sabbath fame - to me one of the best ax-man ever - played very briefly for another well-known English band before forming Sabbath in 1969 with Ozzy and company.  That band was mentioned within the past fifteen pages of this thread; who was it?

Wow, never would have guessed Babs on that one.

It was the nose clue that helped... the second nose clue from sam now that has helped me & I knew Paul Anka hadn't had a top ten hit in recent decades. I'm wondering if Cher fits the same question parameters though? She even had a massive honker in her pre-surgically renovated face days.

Yeah... I'm definitely of a pre-DJ era, wouldn't have a clue on that other question.

One of my favorite bands ever, just started listening to them closely mostly in the last 15 years tho.

They started with 3 frontmen (played lead guitar, sang, wrote songs):

#1- One of the greatest guitarists in rock, went insane, homeless & has been slowly recovering after decades

This guitarist is Peter Green. BB King once said he "loved Eric, but Peter was the only white player to give him cold sweats."  He replaced Clapton in Mayall's Bluesbreakers where he first played with Fleetwood & McVie. There may be other guitarists technically faster, more famous, or showy but for my money no one played with more soul, dynamics or finesse. 

Here is a clip of him with Fleetwood Mac, not on any record, singing & playing live in New Orleans 1970 (at the same gig that the Dead played & the song "Trucking"  where they were "busted on Bourbon St" was inspired). I still get goosebumps hearing this playing, unsurpassed...

Sorry, Infected Mushroom is not correct though gotta admit it's a pretty cool name.

That DJ Duo is actually from Israel.

Saw a flyer for one of their shows pasted to a telephone in Montreal one time....... the rave went from 9pm till 9am, no kidding!  I thought that stuff only happened on Phangan.

Tony Iommi of Black Sabbath fame - to me one of the best ax-man ever - played very briefly for another well-known English band before forming Sabbath in 1969 with Ozzy and company.  That band was mentioned within the past fifteen pages of this thread; who was it?

Seems like no one knows this one,  he played VERY shortly with Jethro Tull in 1968 as their lead guitarist.....he left after a few months and committed himself to Sabbath. Great move :biggrin:

Seeing two Bands tomorrow at big Halloween bash in London and another called " Devilement who are a late addition today... so that makes 3

3 bands from three different Countries ... anyone know any of the home countries..

Lacuna are a fav of mine... Gothic Rock and a nice chick singer

post-405-0-34803900-1414777287_thumb.jpg

The UK band Genesis formed in 1967 and were still together up to 2006 (sort of). Before they named themselves "Genesis" they were considering another name. What was that name?

drat i see the big Documentary a few weeks back... Ill take a wild guess anyway 

"Godsgarden"