Watch ur safe

sexy69

Hey Shah, Good to see you posting.

I've checked into places where the safe was locked and a receptionist, not a manager, opened the safe with a key she had.

Seems there are three distict groups of people you want to protect against.

1) your sex partner du jour

2) burglar

3) hotel employee.

While money in your pockets may be a target of some girl you bring to your room, I think rogue hotel employees are the msot likely to take money from your safe.

I recommend that frequent travelers to Thailand open an account at Kasikorn so you don't have more than 10K or 20K of baht in your safe at any time.

i have seen the film before and have asked one lady boy who i know well if it can be done she said it could be done but would not show me how also where i stay in ptty they have room safes and safes in the lobby when i spoke to the desk girl who i also know well about it she said ROOM SAFE NO GOOD so make your own mind up but i use lobby safes for most of my stuf i feel safer

Most safes in hotel rooms are of a similar type to the one in video, and YES all are easy to open.

I attended a course on hotel management yrs ago, and since then there has being little change in any of the hotel room safes.

In Ireland and UK and some parts of Europe they are beginning to change from these old types to new improved types that are much harder to open.

If you're really worried get one of these...

http://www.pacsafe.com/www/index.php?_room=3&_action=detail&id=18

I picked one up cheap on e-bay.Best to change the lock to a numerical combination lock,that way you don't have to worry about losing a key.

If you lock it around a pole or post in plain sight, it is still at high risk of being stolen, a pair of wire cutters to cut the cable and it's gone in less than a minute.

One way to reduce risk of valuables being stolen is to keep them out of sight - and not in a hotel safe. You can use the front desk safe deposit box if they have it - of course sealing your items in a tamper-evident envelope, or keep them locked away in your luggage. While not fool proof, why advertise there are valuables around?

Daveduke - good story that shows not all lbs are thieves as a few seem to think.