Maintaining the nice 2 be nice ethos....

Lol good point SW. I reckon there are a few reasons why things run smoothly here.

1- It's a small forum and many of the regular posters know each other in person and that creates a friendly, bar banter environment.

2 Also many of the members, as you will know, have been on the scene a long time and have nothing to prove. There is no culture of point scoring by knocking other members to enhance ones reputation and show you know more than them.

3- So far we have managed to create a flame free forum and that is perhaps a reflection on PD's and my personalities. We tend not to get heated threads that go around in circles, there is more a feeling of "I couldn't be arsed arguing, life is too short/ we are here to talk about ladyboys and topics that interest us and not snipe each other."

Basically you could say the members act like mature adults. :winking0023:

• Upvote 4

It's really all down to PD and his personality, everything flows from that. His selection of BB as co-mod was a brilliant decision, as both have the same friendly personality and lack of drama. The guys that are here who post the most are all (or mostly) friends of one or both of them; speaking for myself, I try to reign in any hostility or aggression out of respect and admiration.

Guys that want to use the forum to boost their ego or some agenda quickly find that there are other places more suited for that behavior and move on.

• Upvote 4

It's really all down to PD and his personality, everything flows from that. His selection of BB as co-mod was a brilliant decision, as both have the same friendly personality and lack of drama. The guys that are here who post the most are all (or mostly) friends of one or both of them; speaking for myself, I try to reign in any hostility or aggression out of respect and admiration.

Guys that want to use the forum to boost their ego or some agenda quickly find that there are other places more suited for that behavior and move on.

agree 100% dt,my default setting is a cantankerous git,out of respect for the forum and what the mods are trying to achieve, i STFU ...-(usually)-555

• Upvote 4

Forums, like countries and companies, have cultures.  LBR's culture which evolved according to the tastes of our core posters is a culture that values friendliness and the sharing of information.........and views flaming as wanker behaviour.

What might surprise some people though is that hardly any posts get deleted on LBR.  We are self moderated and our core posters just don't take the bait of the flamers.

Most str8, gay, and ladyboy forum posters enjoy negativity, score settling, shit stirring, and flaming.  It makes for interesting reading and a successful forum.  I admit to enjoying it too as long as it's not on LBR.  So some guys vote with their feet and don't post on Ladyboy Review since you won't see much of that stuff here.

There might be a perception that we frown on lively debate.  Not so.  But there's a huge difference between lively debate and calling people stupid fucking cunts and then having personal animosity spill over to other threads.

BB and I just don't have the stomach nor the desire to moderate a mean spirited forum and we appreciate that guys are helping us out by "not taking the bait".   We are what we are.  Some will like us and hang out here.  Others won't and move on.

We are grateful if you like our style and post here.  We would like to expand.  If anyone has a strong interest in a geographical area such as Brazil, Indonesia, or Western TS please let us know and we can set up sub-forums that you can operate.  Or perhaps there is a non-geographical niche such as crossdressing or transgender rights that you want to champion.  Let us know and we can set something up.

Secret sauce?  Maybe it's in our mouths.  And I'm not talking about beer.   :drinks:

• Upvote 1

Kind of ironic that the forum which started the "nice to be nice" mantra has devolved into the kind of place where the rookies are afraid to post because the veterans - the guys who were rookies 4 or 5 years ago and started the whole nice to be nice ethos - could rip them a new asshole for saying or asking the wrong thing.

No such animosity here, anyone can say pretty much whatever they want and no one will give them shit.  I also find one simple rule works very well on this forum or any other forum;  if you don't like what one particular poster is saying, simply don't read their posts!  Works every time.

• Upvote 1

It always baffles me why some guys go online with the main intention of winding up strangers and sniping at people.  Of course they can make constructive positive posts at times also but why waste time trying to take down people you don't know. :sign0181:

I recall an amusing incident last year in one of the LB bars.  One of the occasional posters but regular readers here and other forums turned to me and asked;

"Who is that guy over there, I always see him around.?"

"That's such and such." I replied.

"Ah the angry guy." he said.

I thought that was a round of applause I could hear. Must have been all the back-slapping that was going on :happy0065:

I haven't posted for quite a while now on the 'nice to be nice' forum. I wonder why.

As many of the long-term forum posters know only too well, forum activity and the urge of posters to post goes through cycles over time. Plus, the desire to respond to newbie questions for the umpteenth time already when the answer's been stated countless times in the past can grate.

You need to be in the mood to post constructively, just posting for posting's sake can turn readers off too.

I think the advantage is that the bully or the boaster or just outright wanker will not find a little gang of cheerleaders here to spur him on in his childlike activities , without that oxygen they don't hang around .

OK that might mean a quieter forum but that's a price worth paying .

Funny thing is too in my experience is the nasty keyboard warriors are usually boring and with little social skills when you meet them in real life .

And if someone acts and sounds like a wanker in their posting style they rarely disappoint when you meet them .

• Upvote 3

My observations are:

1 Yeah PD is an easy to like, laid back, chilled out guy.

2 Seems like most of the posters here 'qualified men' in the vein of most are experienced and know what they are talking about.

3 LBR is more welcoming and less 'cliquey' than other boards. Some boards have a core of posters that pretty much dominate the forum- and woe be the one to disagree with the 'Brain Trust' :)

4 The posters on LBR seem more objective; if there is a problem at a bar or with a girl, the guys here seem to tell it like it is.

Well, that's my two satang :)

Lance out!

• Upvote 2
  • 3 weeks later...