Favorite Bad Movies

Snick

Never saw Joe Dirt or Gunmen, but have always been a huge Walken fan. His work in Deer Hunter was first-class.

I wonder if this movie would fit this category? Marky Mark was pretty good as the Shooter, and I enjoyed it, but overall it was kind of cheesy.   Little Kate Mara {first season of House of Cards} was extremely hot in this one, and even Ned Beatty [squell like a pig, boy!] and Danny Glover made appearances. Another 2 hour time-waster but fairly decent.

post-107-0-70175400-1405563719_thumb.jpg

Marky Mark was pretty good as the Shooter, and I enjoyed it, but overall it was kind of cheesy.   Little Kate Mara {first season of House of Cards} was extremely hot in this one, and even Ned Beatty [squell like a pig, boy!] and Danny Glover made appearances. 

One of  my favorites...some really great dialogue in the Shooter....I watch it all the time.......

Mr. Rate: Would've been a bad job to take, though.

Nick Memphis: How come?

Mr. Rate: Whoever took that shot's probably dead now. That's how conspiracy works. Them boys on the grassy knoll, they were dead within three hours. Buried in the damn desert. Unmarked graves out past Terlingua.

Nick Memphis: And you know this for a fact?

Mr. Rate: Still got the shovel! 

• Upvote 1

Never watched that full movie but I DID watch 'Ed Wood' starring Johnny Depp and they talked about Glen and Glenda......quite a fascinating look at a director who seemed to relish in making truly awful movies.

His epic,  Plan 9 from outer space, would fit in perfectly here!

Been staying in a series of hotels lately so stuck with a lot of these bad movies......last night was Mr. and Mrs. Smith, which was absolutely horrible but it's hard not to like seeing Angelina Jolie on the screen. 

Tomb Raider would fit this thread, same-same The Tourist;  but with her for eye candy who's complaining? The Tourist also has the scenery of Venice in a supporting role, so 2 things to like about that bad movie.

A fun Movie some of you may not have seen is Crank, which is just a crazy action movie with Jason Statham.

Crank 2 is even more of the top.

I think Mr & Mrs Smith is a great movie. Seriously. I can watch that over and over. Reminds me of another good movie, "True Lies"

Tomb Raider so/so but if its the only thing on I will watch it.

I couldn't stand the Tourist, I would never watch that a 2nd time.

I liked Crank. Actually most of the movies you've mentioned so far are on my list. 

Duece Bigalow - so many people hated that movie.  It cracked me up.

I got Crank in my collection but haven't watched it in a long while ,,,,,Not one of my favorites...

But anyone who has Frank Bullitt as their avatar has my vote for great taste in films...

One of my very favorite King of Cool films is Le Mans...the film opens with no real dialogue for the first 22 minutes...Some flash backs...car and driver prep..The dialogue actually matters little because the the film is really a tribute to a special season for Gulf Motor Sports and the amazing car know as the Flat Twelve - Porsche 917 - and gave McGueen one more opportunity to be Mr. Cool and drive fast cars......

I'm gonna pop it in now............

Yes, Year of the Dragon! I've watched it several times mostly to see the amazing apartment of the hot Asian American costar. Also Rourke's house in the film was just around the corner from my apartment in the mid 90s it turned out. 

I saw the movie "Fracture" with Anthony Hopkins several times just because his house in that is fantastically designed (not a terrible movie though).

Been staying in a series of hotels lately so stuck with a lot of these bad movies......last night was Mr. and Mrs. Smith, which was absolutely horrible but it's hard not to like seeing Angelina Jolie on the screen. 

It's funny you should mention her because she is one of the few actors that I cannot stand to watch in any movie. Her facial features are so surgically distorted, her duck lips, her skeletal taut face & her immoveable forehead are so "engineered" that any scene with her in it just grinds to a halt dramatically for me as I get distracted & stare at this combination of a freak of nature worked over by plastic surgery. I watched "Salt" last week & every shot was subverted by this idea of a perfect face pretending to be a CIA agent. Perhaps if she only did roles of fashion models & rich idle women it wouldn't seem so incongruous. 

Bullitt and Blazing Saddles were good movies, hard to include 'em in this thread.

I can't speak about Blazing Saddles although I do have a copy and watch it on rare occasion...but I don't know if I would use the term good movie to describe it...it is funny it's own way though...

I am however, an expert of sorts on Bullitt...I watch it weekly....The story is basic and the dialogue sucks...The stars of Bullitt are Steve McQueen, the coolest actor ever...The 68 Mustang GT 390...The 68 Dodge Charger...The beautiful yellow 1964 Porsche 356C and Jacqueline Bisset...the last 4 of which make me drool every time I watch the film...I truly do love the film...But in my mind it is far from a good film...I want to rewrite the dialogue- what there is of it - every time I watch it and I clearly ain't a writer...

It's funny you should mention her because she is one of the few actors that I cannot stand to watch in any movie. Her facial features are so surgically distorted, her duck lips, her skeletal taut face & her immoveable forehead are so "engineered" that any scene with her in it just grinds to a halt dramatically for me as I get distracted & stare at this combination of a freak of nature worked over by plastic surgery. I watched "Salt" last week & every shot was subverted by this idea of a perfect face pretending to be a CIA agent. Perhaps if she only did roles of fashion models & rich idle women it wouldn't seem so incongruous. 

She absolutely leaves me cold too...especially those grand fake tits...If she and her significant other were standing naked next to one another, I'd fuck him............

I do not think any movie that has become a cult classic would qualify as a bad movie. Bullitt is a cult classic IMO

Another more obscure movie, also a cult classic, that I could never consider a bad movie, although it was low budget and had a simple story line and little dialog was Two-Lane Blacktop. I never get tired of watching it.

I agree with you guys about Angelina Jolie too. I cannot see the fuss 

I thought cult classics would be a good fit with what the thread is about.  Bad Movies or Box Office bombs that find a die hard following; people that love the movies, even though the shouldn't by 'main stream' standards. 

Bullitt is a favorite of mine, but I know a lot of people that thought it was a crap movie.  I'm a huge Steve McQueen Fan. 

I have never heard of two-lane blacktop, I'll shall definitely give it a look.

Uncommon Valor was a favorite when I was a kid, I'd forgotten Patrick Swayze was even in it.  Speaking of him, Youngblood with him and Rob Lowe.  Hockey Movie that was total crap but loved it as a kid.  Not sure I'd feel the same way if I saw it today.

• 4 weeks later...

Still living with basic cable for the time being so was treated to 3 awful-but-somehow-decent movies the past few nights;

Commando with Ahhhhh-nold

Con Air

Air Force One

All certainly more bad than good,  but somehow sucked me in again, as I have surely seen all three in the past at some point.

And all three are MUCH better than that P.O.S. called Gravity!

I saw this htrea and immediately thought of ROAD HOUSE.  There are times when that movie is on every night of the week.  I like it though. 

Staying on this P Swayze topic how about DIRTY DANCING??  I liked that movie too!!!!

A new entrant how about SHOWGIRLS??  It got A LOT of media attention at the time.  Totally cheesy movie but a lot of tits and ass so how could it have been THAT bad with a lot of T & A???

I think Roadhouse was mentioned on page one but I can't be bothered to go look.

Swayze also did Uncommon Valor,  both are great good/bad movies. Point Break as well.

Showgirls.....haven't seen it yet, but have heard about all the horrible reviews and fact is, Elizabeth Berkley never really did anything after that and she had a promising career as a youth.

there are some who say that The Cable Guy was misunderstood & deserves more respect... does anybody here like it?

Honestly......that was one of the very few comedies which made me actually, you know, laugh!

I find most so-called comedies to be not funny at all,   Cable Guy was great compared to most of the nonsense Hollyweird churns out. IMO  Carrey's best movie, probably along with Dumb and Dumber and The Truman Show.