Name that country

JaiDee

yes i recognized the giants causeway.....i went to see it when i was last in norn iron,but to be honest......it might be  worth seeing,but it ain't worth going to see

Ahhh, yes,   Northern Ireland.....I thought someone would surely guess Ireland; and that would be wrong!

I dunno know, I spent a couple days on the north coast of Ulster and thought the Causeway was lovely.....the rope bridge at Carrick also.....the rock formations at the Giant's Causeway - which also come up in Scotland not that far away - were really intriguing, I remember spending quite a bit of time there.

Carrick below.......IMO the rope bridge crossing was a cinch;  but once out on that little fucking island you are taking your life in your hands! No fences, it was windy and foggy, and one false move on those steep slopes has you plunging down a cliff.

post-107-0-08002500-1391708040_thumb.jpg

• Upvote 1

it might be  worth seeing,but it ain't worth going to see

I can honestly say this about 2 supposedly Must-see destinations in the western USA; The Grand Canyon and Yosemite.

Yosemite may be nice if you are camping out for a week, but just driving through it?  Meh,  big deal.

The Canyon is nice and surely awe-inspiring, but same as Niagara Falls once you've seen it there is no need to see it again. Both places are difficult to get to and IMO the payoff isn't worth it.

BTW Jaidee, the rope bridge is not in Carrick. It is called Carrick - a - Rede rope bridge because it leads to the island of said name. The bridge is actually in a little town called Ballintoy, just outside Portrush.

The Carrick you speak of, is short for "Carrickfergus", another town on the Co. Antrim coastline about 50 miles from Portrush, which was originally the main city in N.Ireland before the emergence of Belfast and famous for it's castle and harbour. (little known fact - Carrickfergus has the highest ratio of  police officers living in the town, than any other town or city in the UK.)

• Upvote 1

I actually enjoyed my time in Ulster......we went from Enniskillon in the southwest, through Derry, up to  Portrush and Port Stewart, the rope bridge and Giant's Causeway,  ended up in Belfast for 2 nights as well.......5 days all told but felt like more. Lovely place.

It's amazing how much a person can accomplish when they wake up before noon; and especially before 9.

I can honestly say this about 2 supposedly Must-see destinations in the western USA; The Grand Canyon and Yosemite.

Yosemite may be nice if you are camping out for a week, but just driving through it?  Meh,  big deal.

The Canyon is nice and surely awe-inspiring, but same as Niagara Falls once you've seen it there is no need to see it again. Both places are difficult to get to and IMO the payoff isn't worth it.

yes,i went to see niagara falls myself...train from Boston to Buffalo,cross the friendship bridge to the falls....impressive yes,but worth the schlep ? No.

One place for me worth the schlep to see were the pyramids and sphinx in cairo.......I felt angkor Wat was worth the trip also....but as siam sam said......the idea of going there is sometimes better than being there....

other places imo not worth the trip.......sistine chapel in rome.............stonehenge,UK.......carnac,France.....(complete waste of  a day)

the cliffs of Moher,Clare,ireland......and the Giants cause way....sorry jaidee,i didnt feel the love in n.ireland....i just don't feel comfortable there .......

Nice little water channel made from concrete, with iron railing, not string, to stop people falling down the mountain. India?

Ok Miki, I was put off by the tropical setting, offset by what could be the Himalayas in the background....but I will stay closer to home and say; Costa Rica?

Looks like I'll have to make this very simple.

''To gain the minimum conditions for the development of agriculture, they had to rough-hew a part of the dense laurel forest and to construct a large number of canals, since in some parts of the island there was excess water, while in others water was scarce.''

OK. That's three clues.