Name that country

JaiDee

thanks!

guessing the correct country is really difficult, because all these countries look very similar to western China!

But I have a guess - the back lights of the car on the left look like an older Volkswagen Passat. I know Volkswagen has had a plant in China for a very long time, so my money is on China.

But if the car was bought crossborder by a Kyrgyz, I'm screwed!

For texasmac: the building is a very small mosque. no minarets, but the four columns are characteristic, and the form of the arcs above the windows is found in central asia and pakistan/india.

Excellent deduction Manarak,well done. :hi:

Any takers on which city this might be?

post 873...

I'm still analyzing the pic and torturing my brain.

certainly looks European.

the central column looks germanic... looks like a victory column.

is it Bismarck on the horse? but he would have one of these pointy hats... architecture definitely more ancient than bismarck. thinking thinking

could be anywhere between poland and italy, but in a country that gets cold, that was recently awarded money (in the past 15 years, because the monument looks clean) and which is quiet with little criminality and trusts people enough to rent out rowboats on the lake, which excludes most of the "old" EU countries.

I'd guess Hungary, Bulgaria, Poland, Czechia, Slovakia, ... maybe Austria.

I'll do some reasearch, I love games like that, 555

EDIT:

got it - it's in Madrid!

I was wrong with the eastern European guess, LOL - but the pinetrees put me on the southern europe trail, 555

ok, what pic hasn't been solved yet?

may I counter with this picture... tell me the country.

I have been at this place.

I feel asking to guess just based on the picture is a bit unfair, as the correct answer might be surprising!

So I made it easy to find the answer using google.

Switzerland

How about this little country. As a clue i have included a pic of one of their newly elected members of parliament... A damn site finer than what you see in Dublin or London!

Hmmm... crude medieval fortification - the church looks orthodox, but not that much, maybe rather byzantine...

brick building - green country with high mountain, yet the soil is yellow and the foreground looks mediterranean, or maybe near the black sea. Damn crapshoot again.

The face looks romanian.

I would nominate a group of countries including Hungary, Slovenia, Serbia, Macedonia, Croatia, Romania, Bulgaria...

or Georgia?

the mountain looks like 2500-3000 m ... carpathians?

How about this little country. As a clue i have included a pic of one of their newly elected members of parliament... A damn site finer than what you see in Dublin or London!

ok, got it!

it's mount ararat in Armenia

I finally found it because the rounded mountain top disturbed my thoughts, carpathians and alps don't have much rounded mountain tops, so I broadened the search. byzantyne was correct ;-)

ok, got it!

it's mount ararat in Armenia

I finally found it because the rounded mountain top disturbed my thoughts, carpathians and alps don't have much rounded mountain tops, so I broadened the search. byzantyne was correct ;-)

Good deduction there Manarak the church is in Armenia. Although the mountain is technically in present day Turkey. Its a major sore point for Armenians as Ararat is their spiritual home but it was grabbed by the Turks during the 20s. Even though it is right next to them, Armenians cannot even visit it as the border is closed. Part of the Turkish policy to squeeze Armenia and cough up their territorial gains after their valiant success over Azerbaijan in the 1992-94 conflict

• Upvote 1