The Big LBR Non Google Trivia Quiz

bumblebee

A novel gentleman titled "The 120 days of sodom" or otherwise known as the gospel of evil was returned to France after a legal battle lasting many decades. The author stated that it was the most impure tale ever told and indulged in rape , bestiality and murder to name but a few terrors

it was said that when it was originally lost that he did weep" tears of blood"

This was in the news today and so someone might know the author who is long dead

A novel gentleman titled " 120 days of sodom" or otherwise known as the gospel of evil was returned to France after a legal battle lasting many decades. The author stated that it was the most impure tale ever told and indulged in rape , bestiality and murder to name but a few terrors

it was said that when it was originally lost that he did weep" tears of blood"

This was in the news today and so someone might know the author who is long dead

i don't know who wrote it ,but i want to read it..........i'll guess at Marquis de Sade....

New question, Willie?

Well,ive posed the question....whats the German for shoplifting.......?.....I think its quite an  amusing answer ,and as no-one has attempted it ,i'll answer it myself....Englischereinkaufen  = english-shopping 5555

OK-which famous Russian novel was supposed to be the inspiration for the Rolling Stones"sympathy for the Devil"?

Hey - nobody got MY question!

Gall-Peters/Mercator projections?

Anyone?  Anyone?  Bueller?  Anyone?

sound like a body part question... ill go with the ears.they stick out to much and some device to pin them back

oh well... you asked for an answer

Sorry, tomcat, that's wide of the mark.

Do I have to give clues for this one?

OK, JaiDee thought it was to do with eyes, but it's not something you look with - but it is something you look at.

I was told this one was easier than the [relatively] simple question about Ben Franklin's son......as usual, I guess it all depends on your perspective and which genre of books you read, etc.....  surprised Snick or some other science guy hasn't come up with it yet.

In the meantime I will throw out a REALLY obscure one,  but people familiar with the Cambodian civil war may know it;  the real [birth] name of that asshole who later became known as Pol Pot?

Bonus question;  what does the name Stalin mean in Russian?

In the meantime I will throw out a REALLY obscure one,  but people familiar with the Cambodian civil war may know it;  the real [birth] name of that asshole who later became known as Pol Pot?

Bonus question;  what does the name Stalin mean in Russian?

Dang I saw that name often when in PP but damned if I can recall it. 

Josef was actually born in Georgia, and for that [and many other reasons] Lenin and many of the high-rollers in the Revolution looked on him as an outsider.  Lenin tried to warn people towards the end not to let that guy get anywhere near the Chairman position but by then it was too late, he already had too much power.

Ukrainians would have been the bread basket of the old Soviet Union so probably 10 million worked or starved to death would likely be a good guess....same as in Cambodia in the late 70's most of what the Soviets planted was later sold as an export while the locals starved. But compared to that asshole and his neighbor Mao, Pol Pot and Hitler were amateurs.

Stalin was a short man with a withered arm & small pox ravaged face who was a complete psychopath. Churchill knew he was trouble but Franklin Roosevelt thought he was fine & would present no threat. He refused to consider Churchill's request to take out Stalin, he just wanted the war to be over. Three weeks after the meeting at Yalta, FDR was dead. He should never have been there negotiating when he was a dying man, he sided with Stalin against Churchill giving rise to the Cold War which made the world unstable for the next 40 years.

Another weak President has met his match against a strong Russian leader with Obama's weakness giving Putin the green light to start throwing his weight around. Another Cold War has started with the potential to end badly.

Anyway, here's my question - what type of movies did Stalin like to watch? And the answer is ironic.