Baht at 33 to USD

Snick

Baht is at 33.01 to the USD...whats next ?

34 by end of the month seems a safe bet, but don't know if it'll get much weaker than that.

Thai stock market is also off 6% this year (and 9% selloff for US based Tracking funds

Yes Snick I wish we were still A$1.07 to your $1. Would be getting over 35 bht.

Only 89 cents to your dollar now.

In saying that I hope your dollar still gets stronger against baht because we will go up with you..

Cheers DK....Will see you February if you're down.

Yes Snick I wish we were still A$1.07 to your $1. Would be getting over 35 bht.

Only 89 cents to your dollar now.

In saying that I hope your dollar still gets stronger against baht because we will go up with you..

Cheers DK....Will see you February if you're down.

Fortuantely the baht has depreciated against many currencies and we are holding at 29+ for the AUD - a level i'm always happy with.

As for the AUD/USD low of 85c at worst... hope it stays around 90c. Too high and my poor mining stocks are adversely impacted.

And a low AUD/USD is no good for travelling to countries that peg their currencies to the USD.

BTW anyone looked at the indo currency... impoding the last few months.... AUD/IDR nearly 11000.

Maybe time for a stopover :db:

post-123-0-49535500-1388789850_thumb.jpg

Could be a good time to buy a condo if one were so inclined

I've had some of those thoughts :huh:

Been doing some research on financing options... From what i read unless you have a mrs, its near impossible to finance a condo in LOS.

I did read that the Singapoore Branch of Bangkok bank does finance Thai properties....

Anyone know much about this area?

Edit: just been doing some research and found two good links

http://www.siam-legal.com/realestate/word-file/FinancingCondominiumProperty.doc

http://www.siam-legal.com/realestate/word-file/Ownyou%20DreamCondoinThailand.doc

Things like this make all the difference for guys like us on a tight budget .

I remember last March getting 44/45 Baht to the English £ and I felt like weeping now its up to 53/54 which makes a big difference .

Still a long way to go and I doubt it will ever hit the good old days of 2005/6 when we got 70-75 baht to the £ .

If it averaged out at the mid to late 50's I'd be happy enough , who know's I might start buying the odd lady drink to celebrate  :character00274:

Wow, 70-75 baht to the pound!!! What a windfall. 

I was getting around 30 to 31 baht to the Canadian dollar most of December. I was happy with that although I did find the prices in Thailand this year to be higher than in any other visits in the past. The only thing that remained stable was the baht bus. Can't beat that price and service. 

when I started coming around 2000 it was 40 to 42. Big change when it hit 29 !

pretty sure I'll see 34 again soon, probably stay mid 30s for a couple of years, unless things get worse !

And its a good thing too, Cascade raised bar fine 15% to 700 Baht.

42.5 against the dollar is the best I ever saw,  circa late 1998 into January of '99, my very first trip to Bangkok.

Just a year before that it was at 55!  Some kind of crash in the Thai market in '97 I believe.....

My former co worker and still friend first went to Thailand in the late 80s or early 90s, she said on her first trip it was something like 22 baht per dollar.

when I started coming around 2000 it was 40 to 42. Big change when it hit 29 !

pretty sure I'll see 34 again soon, probably stay mid 30s for a couple of years, unless things get worse !

And its a good thing too, Cascade raised bar fine 15% to 700 Baht.

I wonder if Jessy is still at Cascade. I have an already paid lifetime bar fine with her. Not one of my more wise financial decisions.  :character00292:

Wow, 70-75 baht to the pound!!! What a windfall. 

I was getting around 30 to 31 baht to the Canadian dollar most of December. I was happy with that although I did find the prices in Thailand this year to be higher than in any other visits in the past. The only thing that remained stable was the baht bus. Can't beat that price and service. 

The baht bus is too expensive for PDogg and me unless it's an emergency. We use to walk everywhere possible. If we could walk there within an hr to 90 minutes, we did it. You are a wimp depending on that bus, unless you just wanna support the local economy. Heck we used to walk all the time from South Pattaya to Soi 6 or out to Sally's Bar. You gotta have some sack to hang with me and PD.  :yahoo:

• Upvote 1