Mob Dispenses Justice Phuket Style In Kangaroo Bar

pdogg

PHUKET: Two drunk Australians were beaten down by a mob on Phuket’s famous party street, Soi Bangla, early yesterday.

At about 1:30am Patong Deputy Superintendent Akanit Danpitaksat arrived on Soi Bangla to find both Australians sitting in the middle of the road covered in blood.

Having only recently arrived in Phuket, the two men* Anotny Souners, 26, and Brad Trub, 30, suffered serious injures: Mr Sounder had a broken leg and Mr Trub had a large gash over his eye.

“They went out and got drunk. They talked, walked around and lost control of themselves,” Lt Col Akanit said.

The bouncer at the Hollywood Discotheque did not allow the pair to come inside due to their level of intoxication, so Mr Sounder and Mr Trub made their way to the Kangaroo Bar. There, the men allegedly attacked an American with an ashtray, Lt Col Akanit said.

The pair is also understood to have attacked other tourists in the bar with a chair, and to have slapped one of the bar girls, Lt Col Akanit said.

Other patrons of the bar reacted violently to the duo's aggression, attacking them and leaving them seriously injured in the road.

Mr Sounder and Mr Trub were charged with public intoxication, causing bodily harm and causing damage to property, said Lt Col Akanit. 

Pics on:

http://www.phuketgazette.net/phuket_news/2013/Mob-violently-bounces-Aussies-from-Kangaroo-Bar-21131.html

Exactly right Dixon. Slap one of the girls & you're in real trouble. No excuses, no second chances. They might like our money but they won't accept poor manners.

Mr Sounder had a broken leg

He didn't break that fighting, he had it broken in revenge. Act like a fool & be prepared for the consequences.

....and they says us YANKS are stoopid!!!!  Farang can do a hell of a lot and have a lot of fun in Thailand but if you go against one of the locals-forget it.  You are onto a an absolute leathering.  I am certain they deserved it.  Here in the US of A they would lawyer up and sue someone.  In Thailand they will get kicked out of the country never to come back. I know which one is better....

When farang (from whichever country) bring their loutish and I'm harder than you behaviour with them on holiday I look forward to the moment they start an argument with or pick on a Thai. "That'll learn 'em", as theynsay. As we know there will only be one winner and it ain't no farang.

In this country I avoid any confrontation with the locals even if I know I'm in the right, it simply is not worth it. I'd rather walk away perhaps a few baht lighter or feeling a little usurped than be carried away wishing I'd never gone out that night. Luckily I don't seem to be one of those people who finds trouble wherever they go.

The article mentioned they weren't necessarily attacked by Thai's - it specified 'Other Patron's', i.e. customers.  Is that not a plausible story?  I know the whole 'Thai Justice' is always a possibility and not something to be discounted but what makes everyone assume that is what happened when the article asserts otherwise?

I know I've been in a bar or two where some jackass has gotten way out of line and the regulars have dealt them a bit of justice.  Mob mentality knows no cultural bounds.  I also doubt it knows international borders.

Is it so hard to believe that these drunks just pissed off the wrong bunch of customers?  Hell, some asshole farang hits one of you in head with an ashtray while I'm there - I'm sure we're about to get dirty. You seriously think a Thai will make it there before I've rearranged that dudes grill?

Where is this Thai security in most bars?  I know I was in C&D when a drunken lout was in there messing with the girls, me, and Jimbo himself.  I thought he was about to throw down on Jim and I was poised take him out - but Jim calmed the situation. This dude was so drunk he didn't stand a chance...much less if (as dixon says farang on farang = entertainment) the dozen or so ladyboys and staff decided to join in.  

Jim had a security agreement with the Thai's but actually had to run up the street to get them.  I got the job to watch the douche till they came back.  He didn't mess with the Thai security when they finally arrived, rightfully so.  But it was a few minutes before they showed up, plenty of time for damage to be done.  Not the first time a customer has had to step in to help, and there are many more guys in Patong that'd I'd fear a hell of a lot more than me.  Not that I'm to be feared at all, I'm a wall flower most of the time.

For me it is not so hard to believe these jackasses walked into the wrong bar, with the wrong patrons - started some shit and the customers finished it.  

You don't have to just be wary of the Thai's in Thailand, there's a lot of bad dudes in Pattaya/Patong. Get the mob mentality going...good night lollipop.  

• Upvote 2