President Rubio?

JaiDee

I think you're right. The US will be the last western power to go green. Ralph Nader did carry a lot of baggage though, he's not a true green as some of those representing the party are in other countries. Those guys would shut down entire industries just to save a breeding ground or a colony of butterflies. Or something. Don't laugh, we have had to put up with crazy stuff like that.

I wonder if Nader ever regretted his actions? I guess he would just blame the High Court of Florida for their blatant political interference. 

Nader joins Ross Perot as two of the great wreckers of political dreams in the US. No chance themselves but they sure denied others their chance. Good one fellas.

Ralph Nader ran as a green in 2000, his involvement cost Gore the election and brought us 8 years of Bush.

Forgot about ol' Ralph being a Green party guy.....I guess my brain has just blocked out the 2000 election, and the fact that Al Snore would have been our president for 4 or 8 years if Ralph hadn't tried that stunt;  he took away just enough votes to give the election to that retarded guy from Texas.

Move this clip ahead to the 3:40 mark and you can see Bill Maher and Mike Moore literally begging him not to run again in 2004;

One thing I learned from those charts - if you want to bang some teenage pussy, meet them at church...       

You'd be going straight to hell for that one, if there were such a place. ^_^

''I wonder if Nader ever regretted his actions?''

Nader never had any regrets and even to this day he feels like he was in the right; he never liked Gore OR Bush, so he feels like he was the natural alternative  The fact that he had not a snowball's chance in hell doesn't stop a true ideologue like him, he was on a mission to disrupt the proceedings and it worked perfectly.

I remember my older brother bringing home his activist-style books in the late 60's and early 70's when he was away at Uni  - and he was/is the most liberal person I have ever known. Probably why he liked Ralph and Noam Chomsky so much. I was just a little kid and didn't give him much thought until he rain in '96 and again in 2000.  Great guy, very open - minded and has done a lot for consumer's rights over the years, but he literally cost the democrats the election in 2000.

I wish I was lucky enough too live in thailand, then I probably wouldn't care what went on in the USA. :rolleye0012:

There is really nothing you can do about what goes on in US governement. And it's a waste of time getting upset about because you can't do anything about it.

Never understood people getting stressed out or depressed about Obama or Bush or Rubio or whoever is the elite of the day running the country.  They're a lot more the same than different anyway, and my time is better spent reacting to events than wishing I could do something about them.

More fun to talk about something that is fun ... like NFL and ladyboys!

• Upvote 1

I wish I was lucky enough too live in thailand, then I probably wouldn't care what went on in the USA.

I noticed that even when I was living in Thailand half of every year during the 2000's, I still closely followed American politics, probably similar to Snick and, I'm sure,  Pig Dogg and Lefty and many others.   It's hard to undo yourself as a political junkie once you start, and with the advent of the internet it's so much easier to follow what's going on these days - from anywhere.

With that said, no matter where I am in the world I always tell myself "I am NOT going to watch the news" or follow this crap on the 'net,  but I always do!  And Eyemahk is 100% correct; no matter WHO we choose Washington will always be a mess.... as long as there are lobbyists, special interest groups to pay those assholes, super-pacs and dishonest politicians, it will always be gridlock down there.

• Upvote 1

I noticed that even when I was living in Thailand half of every year during the 2000's, I still closely followed American politics, probably similar to Snick and, I'm sure,  Pig Dogg and Lefty and many others.   It's hard to undo yourself as a political junkie once you start, and with the advent of the internet it's so much easier to follow what's going on these days - from anywhere.

With that said, no matter where I am in the world I always tell myself "I am NOT going to watch the news" or follow this crap on the 'net,  but I always do!  And Eyemahk is 100% correct; no matter WHO we choose Washington will always be a mess.... as long as there are lobbyists, special interest groups to pay those assholes, super-pacs and dishonest politicians, it will always be gridlock down there.

that 2nd paragraph is oh so true.  But reading this thread, you would think if we all voted "D" everything would be just peachy.  A bigger bunch of bullshit could never be spoken.  Just if I were to say, if we all voted "R" things would be great-NONSENSE!!  I still dont know what actually happened when Rubio appeared on TV.  You would have thought he took a swig, he started choking, and a flood came out his nose!!!!!  Talk about talking about shit that doesnt matter!!!

Archie, you really are the best......not at all afraid to stick your republican nose into a thread dominated by Dems......and as always, giving a good argument for your side even if most of the people reading here would disagree with your lunatic ramblings!  {J/K man, can't wait till we get a chance to chat again.}

Of  course you're right in the sense that neither side is going to fix the problems we have in this country, but I guess it's a case of choosing the lesser of 2 evils, you know? The repubs have gone so far off the rails in the past decade or so and have really gone more to the extreme lunatic fringe right than I have ever seen before!  Dems, true they are not much better, but I will always vote for the party who at least *tries* to cut defense spending and get us out of wars, rather than starting them.

What the hell are you going to do when [gasp!] Hillary gets in there??!!  I am looking forward to that obese pill-popper Limbaugh having a heart attack live on the air around November 4th, 2016; oh, what fun.  As for Rubio; I really have no problem with him taking a drink of water, and yes it was overblown.....what I DO have a problem with is he is just one more in a long line of republican christian fundamentalists who have no idea how old the earth is!   He should run with Rick Perry in 2016, late night comedians would have a field day.

Venus & Serena Williams belong to a similar religion & hold the same views. They were interviewed here in Oz a few years back & were asked about their belief the world was created in seven days. I remember they weren't sure if the dinosaurs arrived on Wednesday or Thursday. People here were totally bemused by how completely ridiculous they were. No one here had ever come across such extreme fundamentalist views before. They really are certifiable.

Is it just a failure of the education system that America can produce such a diversity of thinking? From the smartest, most articulate & well informed speakers to the brain dead ways of the fundamentalists. We have a huge disparity here too but it's different. There isn't the religious intrusion impacting on people's lives here. They are just dumb because they are lazy & couldn't give a fuck. In the US they are dumb & seem to want everyone else to think the same. OK, that's a HUGE generalisation but I am struck by the difference.

Venus and Serena are, or were, Jehovah's Witness. I don't really care, because as far as I know they don't try to push it on anyone else. 

It's interesting how other famous black families are/were also JW. The Wayons brothers and the Jacksons were all raised as Jehovah's Witness. 

Classic!        :blink:

One thing I learned from those charts - if you want to bang some teenage pussy, meet them at church...        :flirt2:

One of my best most trusted friends was raised Catholic but for years has been an avowed atheist and he told me when he was a young fella that going to churches was the best way to pick up girls. He'd pretend to believe their spiel just to get in their pants and it worked better than bars or anywhere else. :)

• 2 months later...

Since Rubio is a darling of the Tea Party - but not nearly as much as that fun-loving Ted Cruz guy from Texas - I figured this belonged here.

Did anyone see the line-up at the  NRA convention this week?  Holy shit, talk about a bunch of knuckle-dragging troglodytes!   Their new president thinks the civil war was a "Northern War of Aggression"?  Jeeesh, nothing like re-writing history there you gun-toting freak!

Their 3 main speakers were; Ex-Governor/quitter/failure/dummy Sarah Palin, a person who just completely abandoned her post as an elected representative of one of our 50 states and who hasn't held a job since 2009; Governor Rick Perry of Texas, surely one of the dumbest people in the rest of the land, but likely one of the smartest people in a state no one cares about; and that always-thoughtful, extremely caring and loving songsmith Ted Nugent, who hasn't been seen anywhere on a radio since the Carter administration.

Or as the always-comical and usually-correct Bill Maher called them on his excellent show on friday night; "The Axis of Assholes"

post-107-0-27588300-1367768425_thumb.jpg

Here ya' go, if you want a good laugh on your sunday; the Governor of one of our US states firing off a semi-automatic machine gun played to a song from 1977 by some never-was, draft-dodging guitar player.

Sad, really sad....unfortunately these Tea Party racists and haters still have a small voice in this country and will always get a few lunatics like Cruz elected from certain red states so therefore will always hold a few seats in the House and the Senate; scary, I know.  The GOOD news is no one from the far right will ever get near the presidency; their base of mouth-breathers is far too small and normal Americans who don't watch FOX and listen to that asshole Rush would never allow it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zwv1CdHm0ac

This redneck/racism topic made me think of "42" a movie I saw yesterday. A new release of the Jacky Robinson/Branch Rickey story. Did anyone see the movie "42"? 

I went yesterday and was completely enthralled. Harrison Ford is Oscar worthy for his performance of Branch Rickey. Remarkable!! Good movie, however would have liked to have seen more of the Robinson Montreal story with the Royals since that's where it all changed and happened seeding the leap to the majors in the US.

It's a fake democracy. I don't give a flying fuck who the oligarchs decide to instal as president. It is all nothing but a puppet show for rubes.

Regardless of who happens to be in office, the country is run by and for corporations. The Empire rolls on just the same. The only difference between "candidates" is mostly in rhetoric and form, content is unchanged.

Also, Barry is just as loathsome as the shrub. More so in my mind, because of the total MINDFUCK. At least with the shrub there was no pretence of being anything other than a shill for the military industrial complex.

Fuck them all.