Eve of destruction. Are we there yet?

pacman

Hamas have fired 100's of missiles into Israel over the past two days. This morning they fired at Jerusalem for the first time in 20 years. Israel are fighting back. Hezbollah are moving to escalate their role. The Syrians also, having fired into Israel several times recently "accidentally". The Islamic Brotherhood who are now running Egypt will not follow Mubarak in staying neutral & are about to declare their position.

The Iranians, backed by Russia, will supply all the ordinance the Jihadists want. And they are working round the clock to convert their 370 tonnes of enriched uranium into a working bomb. Their first test will be aimed directly at Israel. Israel are determined there will be no nuclear attack from Iran & are threatening to strike first.

This is all over the news here in Oz but there doesn't appear to be a lot of reference to it on the US news sites. This weekend may well determine how far away we are from open war. We know it is inevitable but when?

War has been predicted for a long time & Israel is the logical place for it to start. Personally I think this is the number one issue facing the world. Major powers have to decide which side they will support. And their need for oil will be a major factor in influencing their decision.

So is this it?

This is all over the news here in Oz but there doesn't appear to be a lot of reference to it on the US news sites. This weekend may well determine how far away we are from open war. We know it is inevitable but when?

The coming War is all over the news here in USA too...I was just reading some updates on MSNBC ...Here in AZ we just don't give a rat's ass...But just to be on the safe side I think I'll run over to Walmart in the morning and pick up a couple AKs and a 50 mm...

• Upvote 1

Pacman, this is a ladyboy forum.

I gotta wake up on a Saturday morning, after a lovely evening out in Bangkok watching a ladyboy beauty pageant and playing with cocks in panties, and use my short amount of free time to go to my favorite ladyboy forum and read this shit?

It's almost certainly too late for you (and you probably won't learn it from a ladyboy forum), but if you had tried a little harder when you were younger you may have seen that the glass is, in fact, half full. And until the bomb drops on me, I'm gonna be sucking cock and not crying in my drink or making other people feel worse around me on a ladyboy forum...

PS -- Your argument is full of fallacies, namely what's called a logical fallacy in attacking the straw man ("Aunt Sally" for those in the UK). Half the time it's not what you say on this or any other ladyboy forum but how you say it that's so fucking irritable. And before you start: no, I won't be baited into an argument -- this is a ladyboy forum and I've wasted too much time on this drivel already.

PPS -- Khun Kahuna, please don't forget to pick up my underwear while you're stockpiling ammo...

• Upvote 1

Chill Nephew Mine...

Tonight (it's Friday night here Dude) I have just been reading...UFOs have been sited in Colorado...Course the fact they they just legalized marijuana in Colorado could have something to do with the sitings...Some goats are attacking paperboys...But I truly don't know if they have cute paperboy asses or not...The paperboys not the goats...There is aggression in Gaza...Enough already said on that subject...And the most devastating news of all...No more Twinkies...

The end of the World as we know it is officially near...

And never fear young lad before the official end you will get some new undies to cover your end...

I also just read that in the United States of America this past November 6th we proved that the Bible speaks the truth...

Not only was marijuana legalized in several States but same sex marriage was also legalized in several States...

Gay marriage and marijuana legalized on the same day...

In the Bible Leviticus 20:13 it says, "If a man lays with another man he should be stoned." Those damn guys who wrote the Bible were just way ahead of their time...

As Zimmerman said:

They'll stone you when you're trying to be so good

They'll stone you just like they said they would

They'll stone you when you're trying to go home

They'll stone you when you're there all alone

But I would not feel so all alone

Everybody must get stoned

Back to the topic, the Mideast is a powder keg fueled by oil.

It'll take some difficult diplomacy to get things sorted.

I think that - as usual - the hype is worse than the issues warrant.

There have been people screeching in the public square about the End Times for, well.... as long as their have been times.

Some people by inclination see a conspiracy in every darkened corner, where others see a convenient place to get a quiet blowjob. Some foretell world economic collapse in the news when others see opportunity to invest on the cheap. Some see a cute femboy with a paperboy's ass, others see a queer in a dress.

We see in the world what we want to. And how we interpret it is either up to us, or up to the interpreters we choose to allow to dominate our personal airwaves. I rarely watch network television news as the race to the bottom continues unabated. "If it bleeds it leads" as they say, and although ratings are down, they continue to try to scare the poor stupid masses half to death with the stories of death, famine and pestilence. I heard a good line tonight: "He's so scared that he's shitting enough bricks to build a pyramid."

Enough ramblings from me. Yes, it's not good news, but I doubt it will be the end of the world. If it is though, don't tell me. I'd rather spend my last few days thinking about rainbows, puppy dogs and blowjobs.

This is all over the news here in Oz but there doesn't appear to be a lot of reference to it on the US news sites.

Oops. I spoke too soon. When I checked it was still the middle of the night in the US. As soon as the day shift arrived, the coverage was updated. My apologies to anyone I may have offended.

Rhetorically speaking, Khun PDogg, the topic is not the point.

The topic may be the Mideast. But topics are simply used as devices by which the author delivers his central message, or theme.

And the theme is fear.

Maybe I am a fear monger, I hadn't considered it. The topic is certainly something to be fearful of. The only people who would welcome this are the Jihadists & they all think they are going to have 75 virgins waiting for them.

As for my 'central message', I don't have one. I know I have attracted scorn on occasion because I have had the temerity to point out the failings of policy & the dangers of the unknown among other things but that doesn't disqualify me from expressing my POV. These are subject matters that appeal to me. And as I wrote then deleted in my opening post, this subject will not appeal to everyone.

I was waiting for retailation or WWIII to break out following 9/11.

I don't see the problem discussing 'news' in the Boiler Room even if this is primarily a LB forum, afterall, that's what the Boiler Room's about.

Dreadful for those close at hand or with friends or relatives involved. But sat here in Pattaya with the hustle and bustle of Soi Buakhao outside my window to me this is another news story that could get people panicking. The key is not to build upon the fear.

I don't see the problem discussing 'news' in the Boiler Room even if this is primarily a LB forum, afterall, that's what the Boiler Room's about.

Thank you. This is not another Middle East skirmish as far as I can make out. This has all the hallmarks of being something more significant. But I didn't scream the end of the world, I simply put the suggestion that this could be "IT". I was trying to be dramatic without getting into too much hyperbole. I thought I might get yelled at if I did that... :unsure:

The key is not to build upon the fear.

It has been plainly clear for a long time that something has to give in the ME. Ever since Iran set out to build a bomb there was going to be consequences. I am no different to anyone in wishing it would all go away. But wishing won't make it so & staying ignorant doesn't exactly strike me as wise either.

I have no qualms with news threads. People post them all the time.

I usually don’t pay much attention to them of course because it’s not why I come to ladyboy forums. When I want the news I go to actual news sources, and form my own opinions. It’s when people try to make my opinions for me that I have a problem.

The tone and delivery here were designed to induce fear, starting with the title. And by starting with that title, this guy swindled me into opening his thread and reading his words. And then he tried to swindle me with those words. And I take exception to that. I also take exception when people try to brainwash by passing off opinion and speculation as fact, with trademark lack of support or evidence.

I kept reiterating the term “ladyboy forum” to remind us why we’re all here – we come here in our free time to enjoy ourselves. Not to have someone try to instill fear in us because that’s what he feels all the time.

Yes, Pacman, you are a fear monger. The fact that you claim to have not considered this, in the face of your vast posting history, says that you’re either lying to us or dumber than I thought you were.

• Upvote 1

I am no different to anyone in wishing it would all go away. But wishing won't make it so & staying ignorant doesn't exactly strike me as wise either.

Knowing every fact in intimate detail achieves little other than installing unnecessary mental concern within.

As much as I like to keep a handle on more light-hearted news I would personally rather spend my time in ignorant bliss with regard to my apparent impending demise.

72, old chap - please don't exaggerate.

Also, the term '72 virgins' may be a mistranslation from the original Aramaic into Arabic. It's possible that the phrase may be '72 small white dried grapes.' Oh, to be a fly on the wall in that Heavenly arrivals lounge...

:rofl:

you do crack me up, my friend.

hope to get in another round before pacman and the mayans convince the whole fucking world to end.

:character00292:

:character00218:

btw....reading the thread title, i thought we were going to discuss herein the *really* important issue:

is it time to re-release the great barry maguire tune from 1965?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ExH7h9Lk5HY

yeah, 1965.

19fucking65.

back when jerry lewis was funny to people who weren't french.

most of you cats weren't even born then.

that's how long we've been on 'the eve of destruction'.

get a grip people.

get a tight grip.

and squeeze that thing til she shoots.

if you can't figure out how, just ask farangbah.

i think he's got the hang of it.

:jackoff:

oh, and here's a little note from the wiki for ya:

"Barry McGuire became a born-again Christian, and as a result renounced the song for many years, refusing to perform it. Though he is now known primarily as a singer of contemporary Christian songs, McGuire has resumed singing "Eve of Destruction" in recent years, often updating the lyrics to refer to such events as the Columbine High School massacre.

oh, double shits--. the born-agains got barry! :crazy:

fuck the 'eve' of destruction, we're full-tilt barreling down the center of it.

only one thing to do now--

:party0011:

like it's 1999, bitches.

:character00218:

Here he is almost 45 years later... maybe a bit of a comfort in that it may always seem like the world in in a tailspin but we manage to muddle through, at least so far. Plus Barry seems to have weathered the years pretty well himself. I think he had such a wild, "out there" life in the 60s that becoming a minister in the 70s probably saved him from becoming a cautionary tale like Jimi.

Interestingly I recognized his partner Terry who is also a former rocker turned religious.

Its a good song, The first time i heard it was in the eighties by this guy. An old hero of mine. The years weren't as kind to him as to Barry. He passed in 1991 in a New Orleans hotel room. OD. I got to know him in the eighties when he was living in my city, he was a great guy, but so messed up by drugs. RIP Johnny Thunders.

I guess my efforts today are aimed at trying to reduce worry and stress, not to make sure I am focused upon it.

I wholly support the idea of news threads and other non-LB threads, but like Dixon said, it's my goal to try to focus on the positive as it's a lot more fun.

There's something to be said for being aware, and in fact I believe Plato once said "The price of apathy toward public affairs is to be ruled by evil men." Thus, there's a balance between ignorance and bliss (aka apathy) -vs- awareness and worry.

For myself, I was raised a worrier. Not sure if it's familial or cultural. All I know is I've spent many many many sleepless nights over the past 30 years or so, worried about things that never came to pass. For the most part, I don't remember what I was worried about - I only remember the misery that the worry created.

If I cannot affect the outcome, what's the point of worry? Easy to say, nearly impossible to do. But that is my goal today.

btw....reading the thread title, i thought we were going to discuss herein the *really* important issue:

is it time to re-release the great barry maguire tune from 1965?

That's exactly where I got the thread title from. I was on Youtube looking for a song & saw Maguire's old hit. I remember when it was released, I loved it then, I love it now. It is very Dylan-esque, similar to Bob's The Times They Are A-Changin', except with a darker, heavier tone. More menacing, more urgent. It is a song for the ages & it got me thinking about Israel & the latest trouble, then the idea to post about it came into mind.

It was an easy jump to pinch the song title for the thread, three simple words that sum up the "fears" of most of us. I did consider whether I was being melodramatic... again!... then added 'Are we there yet?' to tone down the implication implicit in the title. I do love attention seeking headlines, it's a personal foible where I eschew the banal & the insipid. And if I get a reaction, I don't mind, in fact I rather enjoy it in a masochistic way. I have always been criticised for pointing out various dangers on the forums. I was regularly caught up in wars of my own making on the old TLF site, it didn't bother me then, it bothers me less today.

And if I get a reaction, I don't mind, in fact I rather enjoy it in a masochistic way. I have always been criticised for pointing out various dangers on the forums. I was regularly caught up in wars of my own making on the old TLF site, it didn't bother me then, it bothers me less today.

Maybe we should adopt you as our "canary in the coal mine"? :happy0065: