Number #1 Bar: New Bar just opened.

donnykey

Soi 10 is very difficult to find from Soi Buckheow - we tried, but failed, a couple of nights ago.

First, I must say I'm deeply envious of you at this very moment as I sit in the midst of a rain squall in Montana reading about your difficulty in navigating the mean streets of Pattaya. :notfair:

Second, I don't think it's that challenging. From Baby Boom you go directly down the street perpendicular to Soi Buakow - I believe it's referred to as Soi Honey because of the massage joint halfway down it - and it will eventually get you to 2nd road, almost directly across from Soi 10.

That's how I remember doing it, I was very surprised to find it was so simple. But that was 9 months ago - maybe someone with a better knowledge of the landscape could correct me or clarify?

My point was that soi 10 from second road does not end in Soi Bukhao. It peters out in a patch of waste ground which to get to Soi Bukhoa, you have to cross diagonally. This is easy to do when you are going to Soi Bukhoa in daytime. It becomes less easy when you are going the other way at night particularly since there are no soi numbers for 10 and 9 on Soi Bukhoa to indicate that this is the correct patch of wasteland over which to trudge.

I really didn't mean this to be an examination of my direction finding abilities (which I freely admit are poor - I am constantly amazed that I can find my way to the bathroom every morning). However, if two, relatively experienced, Pattaya mongers can fail to find the bar for the first time, those with less experience are likely to be even more confused. Thus my advice to locate it initially from second road, not Soi Bukhoa.

My last words on the subject - promise! It ain't complicated. Just approach it from second road. You can't go wrong. Easy Peasy. Simples (as a meerkat would say).

I was going to post a picture of the Soi 10 entrance on Soi Buakhao when I finally realized you said it didn't go through paved. So FWIW it's directly across the street from the Butchers Arms Pub with is next door to Pook Swan. So now everyone can go trudging through the weeds. :biggrin:

• 2 weeks later...

they dont seem to open every night, walk pass the bar two times and it was closed

I bet the guy who financed it is starting to have second thoughts if they are bored with it already and not opening. A common problem with many new bars - both GG and LB. Unless they see customers on day 1 - they lose interest sharpish.

I bet the guy who financed it is starting to have second thoughts if they are bored with it already and not opening. A common problem with many new bars - both GG and LB. Unless they see customers on day 1 - they lose interest sharpish.

yup agreed and that now is almost high season and this happens somethings definitely amiss

• 2 weeks later...