DownLoLarry

24 members have voted

1. 1. What's Your Favorite NEP Bar?

• Casanova
    • Cascade
    • Obsessions
    • Temptation

I voted for Obsessions and Cascade.

Things may change form month to month or year to year, but IMO Obsessions generally has the prettiest girls, especially given that I prefer the "Japanese type". Cascade seems a very close second as far as the girls and I like the seating arrangement, a little more private there than at Obs.

The best thing is that you can visit them all, as well as Guess Bar in one night.

• 3 weeks later...

Casanova's, it's got more personality than the others all rolled into one...

Good description Lung! :clapping:

The most barlike of the gogos with lots of hard edges.

Everything nice and compact in the Nana area, the four NEP bars plus Guess, Nana carpark, and the late night street bars on Lower Suk.

Shame we can't have the 'Banana' carpark in the list

I think 'Guess' should be in there though, Mamasan's well worth a do & I really want to ‘smash the Granny out of her’ in April!!!

Funnily enough one of my ex's has just been asked if she wants to be the Mamasan at Casanova's... One of my long time standbys & favourites in Patts is a Mamasan too... I think I've got a thing about Mamasans... Must be the combination of 'experience' mixed with the ability to keep the other girls in line with a 'fist of iron'... Irresistible

:girl_devil:

• 8 months later...

Speaking of the NEP prices (and including Guess), I was shocked last night when Guess bar said their bf is now 800? Weren't they always cheaper than NEP - 500 vs. 600?

That's how I remembered it, but I hadn't been there in a year+. When did they change it?

So I thought maybe it was some kind of "flood tax"? Like they jacked the prices up because of the lack of customers. The typical Thai supply/demand reverse logic, lol.

So I went over the Cascade and they were still the same - 600.

Speaking of the NEP prices (and including Guess), I was shocked last night when Guess bar said their bf is now 800? Weren't they always cheaper than NEP - 500 vs. 600?

That's how I remembered it, but I hadn't been there in a year+. When did they change it?

So I thought maybe it was some kind of "flood tax"? Like they jacked the prices up because of the lack of customers. The typical Thai supply/demand reverse logic, lol.

So I went over the Cascade and they were still the same - 600.

There are two categories of staff at Guess Bar - the "service" team who look after drinks, etc. and the "hostess" team - who are there to entertain the customers. The barfines for service staff are more (600 Baht) and for the hostess staff it remains at 500 Baht.

Well, they definitely were trying to hit me for 800. So maybe they thought I was a newb, who didn't know better.

They said barfine = 800. And I asked, "what do you mean 800? It's 500 right?" So if it really was I would have expected them to say "oh yes sir, sorry, mistake, 500 (or even 600)"

But they continued to insist it's 800. Wish I could remember the girls name - maybe she is a "superstar"? But as far as I could tell she was just one of the regular girls- according to what you said she should be a hostess girl.

Well maybe someone else can go a try to confirm. But I know they definitely tried to tell me its 800, and wouldn't change it even after I questioned...

just FYI

Its 800b barfine for service staff and PR and 600b for hostess staff - been that way for about 8 months now since all the salaries got uplifted (higher salary than the Gogo's pay now). While the service staff can be barfined, they are supposed to be providing drinks service hence their are two bands now.

Currently you have Ink, Aui, Cherry and Nui + 2 GG's providing service or PR in the bar. All the others are at regular barfine.

I dont particulary like any of them, but would plump for Cascades if pushed

I always liked to spend at least a couple of nights in Bangkok on my trips, but if its true about the 800baht barfine's then I wont bother and give BKK a wide berth for sure next February. :hi:

Actually now I do remember I did get "hit" big with the b/fine in Guess because it was Moo

That with my drinks, a few lady drinks and plus Moo's "fee" along with accomodation and a tour of the NEP it proved to be a very expensive one night in Bangkok. :sorry:

Bangkok has definitely lost its "appeal" nowadays for me and I'll stick to Pattaya from now on, the ladyboys there are just as "good looking", give as good if not better service and plus its less than twice the price :clapping:

Actually now I do remember I did get "hit" big with the b/fine in Guess because it was Moo

That with my drinks (5) and a few lady drinks (3) and plus Moo's "fee" it proved quite an expensive night in Bangkok.

Bangkok has definitly lost its "appeal" nowadays for me and I'll stick to Pattaya from now on as the ladyboys are just as good imho and its twice as cheap Lol

Capital city costs are what they are - nothing much can be done about it but BKK is still busy despite the flood problems. Most of the bars customers actually live & work in Asia - they get salaries that have not been hammered by the pound/euro/dollar weakness and compared to other places like Singapore or Hong Kong - Bangkok is still cheap. Unfortunately we cannot do anything about exchange rates but if anything the focus in BKK is upwards and continuing to go higher end. Simply put, you just cannot get & retain good staff if you don't compete.

The new bar in Pattaya is doing very well, but its not coming near BKK in terms of revenue, staff ability or anything else yet. Early days of course, but I doubt it will ever beat BKK in terms of revenue numbers. Having said that someone like Moo is now clearing a 5 digit salary each and every month - her role has changed and she wanted to progress. To her absolute credit she is a grafter and deserves all the success she has got. I am rarely impressed by ladyboys ability/focus anymore, but she has proved me wrong big time.

Capital city costs are what they are - nothing much can be done about it but BKK is still busy despite the flood problems. Most of the bars customers actually live & work in Asia - they get salaries that have not been hammered by the pound/euro/dollar weakness and compared to other places like Singapore or Hong Kong - Bangkok is still cheap

I agree that Bangkok is the capital and prices will reflect that (e.g London towards Manchester in the UK)

Bangkok might be still cheap to the Southern folk but it certainly isnt due to the exchange rate to us Northern Folk.

So I'll stick to the "cheap seats" in Pattaya for the time being, a mere tourist that can look out more bars and more variety imho :rolleyes:

As has been said before, Pattaya is just like Blackpool with the Fish "n" Chips, a Beach, but it has "sex" too :)