Miss International Queen 2023, June 24, Pattaya, Tiffany Theater

rxpharm

or anyone in Pattaya the week of June 19, Miss International Queen 2023 is on again!

There are 22 contestants from 22 different countries vying for the MIQ 2023 crown. Tickets are pricey, but there are a few events that are open to the public.

You can check Miss International Queen internet home page, or check their Facebook or Instagram social media home pages for more details.

Here are photos of the 22 contestants:

MIQ Brazil.jpg

MIQ Cambodia.jpg

MIQ Canada.jpg

MIQ China.jpg

MIQ Colombia.jpg

MIQ Ecuador.jpg

MIQ Indonesia.jpg

MIQ Japan.jpg

MIQ Laos.jpg

MIQ Malaysia.jpg

MIQ Mexico.jpg

MIQ Netherlands.jpg

MIQ Nicaragua.jpg

MIQ Peru.jpg

MIQ Philippines.jpg

MIQ Puerto Rico.jpg

MIQ Singapore.jpg

MIQ Spain.jpg

MIQ Thailand.jpg

MIQ USA.jpg

MIQ Venezuela.jpg

MIQ Vietnam.jpg

• Like 2

The Miss Popular Vote will be opening June 10 -22, 2023. This will be posted on Facebook/Instagram/YouTube/TikTok as their introductory videos. Vote for the one you support. Lots of gorgeous contestants this year! I am partial to China, Japan, Philippines and Thailand.

MIQ Popular Vote.jpg

• Like 3

On 6/10/2023 at 12:34 AM, rxpharm said:

or anyone in Pattaya the week of June 19, Miss International Queen 2023 is on again!

There are 22 contestants from 22 different countries vying for the MIQ 2023 crown. Tickets are pricey, but there are a few events that are open to the public.

You can check Miss International Queen internet home page, or check their Facebook or Instagram social media home pages for more details.

Do you find 399 THB to be pricey ? 

• Like 1

On 6/13/2023 at 10:26 PM, rxpharm said:

I was not joking when I said tickets (and packages) are pricey!

Apologies for the confusion. I didn't mean to imply that you were joking, and I never thought you would attempt to make such a joke. However, I hadn't read the correct information at that time, so I was curious about what was going on.

Upon revisiting the topic with a clear mind, I observed that prices ranging from 11,500 THB to 19,500 THB include the show for 2 people and a room (ranging from a superior room to a suite room), and there is also an option for an after party (although I'm unsure what that entails).

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

On 6/11/2023 at 9:08 AM, Pulci Gorgon said:

This is just a first set of photos but it seems to me that the Chinese contestant outshines her competitors. 

Go look at the interview videos and see if you still like the Chinese one. I know we are all different in our choices but!

I think Thailand and Spain are two of the better ones

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Pulci Gorgon said:

WTF ? 

I watched the video. I ddn't watch completely. The Chinese miss is very cute. 

The Spanish contestant is not Spanish. She's a second Brazilian contestant and she spoke Brazilian. 

I don't know what the WTF is meant to signify. Just expressing an opinion that does not line up with yours. Strange way of replying.

Note I did not say WTF, but I did not find the Chinese one cute at all!

You mean the Spanish one spoke Portugese?.

Yes she did. She said she's from Brazil and she's going to speak Portuguese during the interview. When listening to her speaking Spanish in the video she made first, she has no Spanish accent and it's clear she's reading a text that she doesn't really understand. When she speaks "Portuguese", she speaks with Brazilian accent. 

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Pulci Gorgon said:

When she speaks "Portuguese", she speaks with Brazilian accent. 

WTF!. So Brazilians have an accent when they speak Portugese???. I have a couple of Brazillian friends. Would not know if they have an accent or not.

I must admit, I am confused.

4 hours ago, Woodie said:

WTF!. So Brazilians have an accent when they speak Portugese???. I have a couple of Brazillian friends. Would not know if they have an accent or not.

I must admit, I am confused.

My understanding is that Brazilian Portuguese is somewhat different than what is spoken in Portugal perhaps more so than the difference between British English and American English. 

I speak Portuguese and I agree that there is more of a difference between Portugal Portuguese and Brazil Portuguese than between US and UK English.  The difference is not so much the phonetics but the grammar that in Brazil deviates more from the colonizer than in America.

Having said that, both Portugal and Brazil have a multitude of regional accents so you cannot make generalizations, but most non-natives say the Brazilian Portuguese (likely from Rio) is easier to understand than the Portugal Portuguese (likely from Lisbon).

3 hours ago, Rom said:

I speak Portuguese and I agree that there is more of a difference between Portugal Portuguese and Brazil Portuguese than between US and UK English.  The difference is not so much the phonetics but the grammar that in Brazil deviates more from the colonizer than in America.

Having said that, both Portugal and Brazil have a multitude of regional accents so you cannot make generalizations, but most non-natives say the Brazilian Portuguese (likely from Rio) is easier to understand than the Portugal Portuguese (likely from Lisbon).

It's more than that.

I could catch in her introduction speech "Ola, tudo bem. Meu nome é Victoria Fernandes.Sou brasileira ...  mais confortável   falar português".

These are the few words I could catch. It appears to me that she mixed Spanish and Portuguese. Nonetheless, the way she pronounced "confortável" is typical of Brazilian Portuguese and wouldn't be accepted in Portugal.

What she says  is confirmed by the YouTube subtitles when the translator speaks.

SP1.png.e72dd042f7d60c004a7a74921d2ae8f7.png

SP2.png.0b93f5f915d0a0b67d3195b92aecb163.png

• Like 2

A couple of more videos from MIQ - the first is the Thainess Fashion Show held at Autthaya (MIQ Contestants modeling Thai Fashion designer creations)

hqdefault.jpg

The next one is the National Costume and Talent Quest - the points from these do not carry over into the finals night.

Note the video link above skips about 12 minutes of sponsors, which may be why it doesn't appear as a directly embedded video.
Beauty is in the eye of the beholder and each of us will have different favorites. No need to have a debate over your favorites!
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Woodie said:

Why not?

Are you only allowing comments that you give permission to be made?.

I am not a moderator here, my suggestion was because there has been an increasing amount of aggressive replies that has led to some forum members quitting. I suppose I should have been more specific to say no need to have aggressive debates about favorites. Everyone has an opinion, it is the style of expression of that opinion that determines if it is a positive contribution to the forum or not.

• Like 1