Newbar & Thaiger Bar Thread Reborn!

petesie

21 hours ago, petesie said:

I rarely buy Ladydrinks, you fellas buy them enough which we pay out every day. I would say 25% of our takings goes straight back in their handbags which is why they keep coming back. 

I do however buy them lottery tickets...I did win at Killer Pool the other week (fluke) & did the same...Alice won 40k...

image.jpeg.04b4f87b995f405cfba1d9f85b943cb8.jpeg

40K.......sweet, that's very cool.

Buying a Bike...

When I retired here I did have me heart set on a Triumph Bobber but I seem to have lost a bit of my balance & confidence when riding; this is not helped by the sheer madness of bike riders here; untrained, unlicensed, uninsured, untaxed & if one hits you it's your fault.This one was got to sit behind Thaiger Bar on a stand. 

I found it quite difficult to buy a bike here mainly as many used ones have not been registered. Many used ones have changed hands 3 or 4 times without going in the system so the BiB are clamping down on it & their advice was not to buy an unregistered motorcycle as they are not issuing registrations for older bikes with no provenance that it has been sold by the original owner.

We'd looked at half a dozen similar bikes & despite claims the paperwork was in order...it wasn't.

I did see a nice V-Rod come up the other day which was in the ball park & if I hadn't already bought this it would have been the one; my last bike was a 1200 Sportster

I cheated a wee bit as this decal just arrived this afternoon from China...:rolleye0012:

IMG_6006.thumb.jpeg.f0e338ab8994d8f292cbe3c890475577.jpeg

C10AC7BD-3097-4147-8AB4-C4BCB4BF195A.jpg

• Like 1

I saw in Petesie's main Board that he posted he had a sudden trombosis 2 days ago and was hospitalized overnight in intensive-care but seems to be recovering and in good spirits in the company of his beloved New.   I wish him a full recovery and may this scare make us all reflect how trivial it is the keyboard animosity some of us let ourselves be swept into.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Rom said:

I wish him a full recovery and may this scare make us all reflect how trivial it is the keyboard animosity some of us let ourselves be swept into.

You aren’t wrong Rom, sitting at home in the real world all the trivial nonsense that goes on on various Thailand themed boards seems so distant and irrelevant compared to what’s really important in life.  Wishing Petesie a full recovery from this setback. 

• Like 1

Thanks fellas, been a rough old week & I’m in for 5 days. The good thing was they hit me full on with all the tests within the first few hours discovering the issue; blood clots in my lungs emanating from my leg. This caused my heart to enlarge starving it of oxygen hence the collapse in Soi MiT.

Day 3 & I’m on the mend.

IMG_6069.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1