"Let's Get Married!"

farangbah

What's with all the "getting married" these days? It seems like every time I turn around, someone's taking the ol' plungerooney…

I thought the internet was supposed to make us smarter…?

One of the last "marriages" in Pattaya lasted less than three days. :fool:

Are these some sort of trophy vacation or something, some kinda gay space tourism?

Fascinating. Somebody should do a coffee-table book about it… :blink:

Correct me if I'm way off base, but I smell a scam fad. Seems like some ladyboys (or their mamasan / boss) has cooked up a new ruse that entitles the LB to a better-than-average payday in exchange for what used to be described as a long-term bar fine. Why else is one LB being thrown a "wedding bash" when she's merely running off to a local island for a week or two with one of our esteemed BM's? (Or is there more to that "wedding" that I don't know about?).

Same with the recent "wedding" for Gitar. She was back in the bar 3 days later.

Since there's very little new under the sun, and even less in Pattaya, I'm suspecting this is just some modern update to a previous scam or "marketing opportunity", and that the couple of girls I've alluded to above are the tip of the iceberg, and this thing has been going on with other girls or other mamasans for a little while now.

Could I be close?

The thing that gets me is the courting period. Actually, maybe it's further evidence that we're all gay, like the classic lezzer joke:

A: What do lesbians do on a second date?

B: What?

A: Go apartment shopping...

Get this one:

A few months ago I was having some street food and a familiar face from another town walked by arm-in-arm. Oh, that's nice -- must be on a little holiday with a special friend.

Two minutes later that familiar face is in front of me, alone, and wants to sit down. Turns out, that was her new "husband". They just got married a couple months ago, and this was his first time -- his first day -- back since their nuptials (thus making this their "honeymoon"). And within two minutes she says to me, "But I butterfly! Can I see you later for fun?"

Ah, the sanctity of LB marriage...

• Upvote 1

I'd marry you for 3 days FB! :drinks:

That's nothing. I'd marry Farangbah for at least a week. He's a hottie. A cross between Matthew McConaughey and Michael Richards (Kramer on Seinfeld)). Looking at him straight on, he looks just like Matthew, with that same handsome smile, but from profile view he is Kramer all the way. :mom:

The thing is though, before either of us could have our way with him, we'd need to fight off a few dozen ladyboys who all line up to give him freebies for the entire time he is there. They all say he is hansum man maak maak. They all lub him long time. :give_rose:

• Upvote 1

That's nothing. I'd marry Farangbah for at least a week. He's a hottie. A cross between Matthew McConaughey and Michael Richards (Kramer on Seinfeld)). Looking at him straight on, he looks just like Matthew, with that same handsome smile, but from profile view he is Kramer all the way. :mom:

The thing is though, before either of us could have our way with him, we'd need to fight off a few dozen ladyboys who all line up to give him freebies for the entire time he is there. They all say he is hansum man maak maak. They all lub him long time. :give_rose:

God DAMN! Where you BEEN Lefty???

Good to see you slumming around these parts again.

Seriously - it just ain't LBR without you.

You were missed at the GOTC this year. I won't bring up next year as I don't want to incur the wrath of your new boyfriend.

I'm up in the Evergreen State. You just a bit south of me?

That's nothing. I'd marry Farangbah for at least a week. He's a hottie. A cross between Matthew McConaughey and Michael Richards

I told him one drunken night in Wan Cafe that he was so hansum, and he reminded me of Arthur Garfunkel. :give_rose:

That's nothing...

Lefty!

Great to have you back, mate -- even if it is at my expense -- your gay family was worried about you.

I will admit, I do love the Kramer association. Going back umpteen-odd years ago now, my folks used to call me Kramer when I'd roll in to the 'burbs from NYC, fresh from trolling the bowels of the city's thrift shops.

But you really need to get over your Matthew McConaughey fetish. It's unhealthy.

When, oh when, will we see you again...?

Lefty!

Great to have you back, mate -- even if it is at my expense -- your gay family was worried about you.

I will admit, I do love the Kramer association. Going back umpteen-odd years ago now, my folks used to call me Kramer when I'd roll in to the 'burbs from NYC, fresh from trolling the bowels of the city's thrift shops.

But you really need to get over your Matthew McConaughey fetish. It's unhealthy.

When, oh when, will we see you again...?

Thanks but all I can say is...you'll see me when you see me. No promises, no plans for anything at this time.

I'm thinking though next time I'll either go back to PI or head over to Cambodia. Just preliminary ideas.