Ladyboy Protocal

bumblebee

I was on the number 15 bus last night here in Bkk when a lovely LB gets on outside MBK, she is dressed like a beautician. She sits down beside me on the aisle side, but being in a regular job there is not much chance of catching her eye.

A few stops further on another really cute LB gets on, and stands at the seat in front of us as by now the bus is pretty jammed. The LB beside me taps the other one and when she looks down, she (seated one) gives her a wah(spelling) out of respect or shared sisterhood. They did not seem to know each other as no conversation ensued, is there some LB protocol that I am not aware of, and maybe caught a glimpse of it last night?

• Upvote 1

If the seated lb is younger than the standing one, it is expected that the younger one will "wai" the older one. However, I get the feeling they may know each other - perhaps just casually.

Good point Rx, the fact they were coming from work, they may have seen each other often on the same bus. They were both lovely, a timely reminder of the lookers out there who are not caught up in the p4p scene. Food for though for another trip perhaps.

The Skytrain in Bangkok is sure different than a Pattaya baht bus, eh? No slutwear whatsover!

Maybe there are secret signals or maybe they met once or twice before.

One time a young ladyboy gave a respectful wai to my teerak and she said it made her feel old. I know I hate it when sales clerks call me sir.

I guess there is some secret ladyboy form of communication. What's that phrase you use that always surprises the LBs that you know it?

I know I hate it when sales clerks call me sir.

With ya' there PD, but for me it has nothing to do with age. I get "Sir" all the time when I travel, especially in Nepal or Cambodia, and I think they feel like they have to show us respect because we have money and [in their minds] hold a much higher station in life.

which is, of course, bullshit! I am just a simple beach bum....I have much more respect for the people working 12 hours a day at some crappy job than they should have for me just because I am white. Frankly "sir" makes me feel more uncomfortable than anything, especially when said repeatedly.

good story BB, I think for Thai's the respect for age thing is ingrained from birth and girls who are slightly older usually don't mind having the "P" thing put before their name or getting a wai.....it's just part of their culture. Auntie or Uncle are also common for much older people, even if no relation; Thailand just seems to be a very respectful country to their elders.