Goings on in Pattaya

Woodie

Checking out a few videos last night and one that took my eye was one made by the guy Buzz, ( another from the UK that cant say Pattaya properly).

He showed the area behind Zaza Massage in Soi Pothole, which used to be a piece of wasteland. Only ever had grass and a few cars parked in it. A triangular area between Pothole, Soi 23 and 3rd Rd.

Now it is chockers with new shops, almost ready for opening. You would not recognize it! Amazing what 12 months can produce. Probably a good time to do it with less traffic about etc.

I bet they are sweating on getting tourists back in!.

I can only imagine that the area between Soi Bukhao and 3rd Rd might become the place to be. I think that those in "power" are making Beach Rd/ Walking St into a more civilized area.

Also showed a video about the works going on in Jomtien. They are building a long swimming pool area between the road and the water. He says 300 meters long. I doubt it. Looks about half that.

Also a lot of building going on. Chinese money I bet!. On that theme have a look at videos of what is going on in Cambodia. 

The Ruskies better watch out, they might get levered out!.

• Like 3
On 2/19/2021 at 5:48 PM, Woodie said:

A triangular area between Pothole, Soi 23 and 3rd Rd.

Some refer to Soi 23 as Soi Xcyte because back in the day that's wear Xcyte Disco was located.   Think there is a gentleman's club name Excite on that soi.  The empty space bordering 3rd Road has also been used as a morlam location.

I guess it wasn't that expensive to build the new shops and if the Pattaya real estate market has an upswing then I suppose they could demolish the shops and build condos.

One of these nights I'll check the place out.

• Like 1