Don't blame the bats for the Coronavirus

It has been 60 years (this coming summer) that Dr. Jane Goodall did her ground breaking research on chimpanzees. This video is an interview with her by Skavlan, it is very informative and eye opening with regards to wild life markets, intensive farming, bush meats, chimps, climate change, etc.

• Like 2

If you took time to watch the video, you will note that she doesn't blame the wet markets - she blames the wild meat trade, intensive farming and intrusion on wild life natural habitat. She also explained about her work to find alternatives to bush meat for people in Africa, as outright bans do not solve the problem, moving to underground less visible trade.

4 hours ago, rxpharm said:

If you took time to watch the video, you will note that she doesn't blame the wet markets

The clip isn't "available" in my part of the world, so I googled some other stuff of hers. I fail to see your point though. Wet markets are ok, its the wild life poaching that is the problem?

Jane Goodall says diseases like COVID-19 show the severe effects of wildlife trafficking and neglecting the natural world.  

I agree with her. For the hell of it I googled which nation is number 1 when it comes to poaching wildlife. Yup, you probably guessed it already.

If you guys believe this virus was initiated by people eating bats, then you really haven't bothered looking at the facts.

1. A level 4 virology lab is the highest level lab for the most deadly pathogens, like coronavirus

2. There is ONLY ONE level 4 lab in China, opened in 2017

3. It's in Wuhan. No other place in China. Plus there is also another lower level virology lab in Wuhan.

4. The Wuhan labs HAVE BEEN experimenting with viruses from Bats. Fact.

5. No bats are sold in the Wuhan wetmarkets

6. Scientists in China proved that the earlier patients did not come from the wetmarket and hence this disease did not start there (those scientists were silenced and their work removed from the internet)

Please stop believing in fables.

Fucking hilarious.....bat soup!!!

14 hours ago, The-Sith said:

5. No bats are sold in the Wuhan wetmarkets

The Bat maybe the intermediate carrier ...  the bat feces ends up in say a piece of fruit which a Civet they may eat and so on. Bats are definitely on the menu in  many of these places ..not sure about the Wuhan market but wouldnt be surprised

5e54185cfee23d3af51f2974.jpg

seven, it's too bad you can't view the video in your country - as she explains that wildlife meat trade (not wet markets) are not the only risk factors for pandemic starts. She also discusses intensive farming (factory farms) of livestock - where cattle, pigs, chickens, etc. are raised in extremely crowded conditions. Also the loss of wildlife habitat, increasing the exposure of wild animals to humans more frequently, climate change, and of course wild life meat trade. She also explained that a ban on wild life meat trade will not be effective. She was involved in the African effort to reduce wildlife meat trade, and it was only successful when they were able to find alternate sustainable means of income for the trappers, traders, etc. If that wasn't accomplished, the trade goes underground, which makes it more difficult to track and try to stop it.

• Like 2
On 5/18/2020 at 1:34 AM, The-Sith said:

Please stop believing in fables

Can tell you the same with propaganda.

You have no actual proof.

Just because things could be so doesn't mean they are so.

People are saying is not actual scientific proof.

Why do you think ebola happens? Africans eat monkey meat infected with bat viruses.

Similarly bats infected reptiles which was actually found in the novel covid strain.

And I think there are enough people here on forums who have been to china and seen reptile meat for sale in china.

And I am a Jedi.. I will never join you!

• Upvote 1

There is movie a few years old now ( 2011 I think ) but worth watching  " Contagion "  (I think that's the correct spelling) . Yes its only a movie but it does explain alot and came out about the time  the Australian horse  industry got hit with the Hendra virus,  it came from fruit bats ( flying foxes  ) and killed a few people and many horses. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1
6 hours ago, stoolpusher said:

There is movie a few years old now ( 2011 I think ) but worth watching  " Contagion "  (I think that's the correct spelling) . Yes its only a movie but it does explain alot and came out about the time  the Australian horse  industry got hit with the Hendra virus,  it came from fruit bats ( flying foxes  ) and killed a few people and many horses. 

In the Sith's mind.. if Emperor Palpatine (insert your choice of right wing poison) didn't say it, its all fake news!