KPop Sexiness

The-Sith

• 2 weeks later...
  • 10 months later...

Lisa from Buri Ram moves the stock market.  Don't know if Korea has insider trading laws but if she and her surrogates buy stock before signing her new contract they could make a killing. If the reported 37 million is spread out over 7 years then it's certainly not  Taylor Swift numbers.  Ballsy move by Lisa as YG could replace her with someone younger and it would probably only affect record/concert sales in Thailand.  Nice boots and thighs btw.

lisa10.jpeg

Shares of K-pop agency YG Entertainment tumbled almost 9% on Friday after South Korean media reported that Blackpink member Lisa has rejected a contract renewal offer from the agency.

The share price tumble is YG’s largest one-day drop since September 28, 2022.

According to South Korean news outlet Star News, the Thailand-born member has rejected two offers from YG, with the size of the contract reportedly worth 50 billion South Korean won ($37.6 million).

The news comes as Blackpink wraps up its “Born Pink” world tour, in what has been described as the largest world tour by a K-pop girl group, attracting an estimated 1.5 million people over 41 cities since it started in October 2022.

The four-member group debuted with YG in August 2016. As K-pop groups typically sign seven-year contracts, Blackpink’s contract was expected to expire in August, but the agency has not confirmed any contract renewals with any of the members.

https://www.cnbc.com/2023/09/15/k-pop-yg-shares-fall-on-news-blackpinks-lisa-rejects-contract-renewal.html

• 1 month later...

K-Pop Group Celebrates Wrong Rangers at Texas Show
Members of the band STAYC performed in Dallas last week in the jerseys of the Rangers, the Glaswegian soccer club, rather than the Rangers, the World Series-bound Texas baseball team.

It’s a longstanding concert tradition: A band comes to town for a show and performs a few songs while wearing the jerseys of a local sports team. The goal is to milk some good will and (cheap? you decide) applause from the fans on hand.

Taylor Swift has done it. Garth Brooks has done it. Flo Rida has done it.

So members of the Korean girl group STAYC have been donning jerseys for stops on their American tour. What could go wrong? In Dallas last week, something did.

Who are STAYC?
STAYC is a South Korean pop group that debuted in 2020. Its members are Isa, J., Seeun, Sieun, Sumin and Yoon. STAYC has a classic K-pop girl group sound, with bubbly lyrics, catchy hooks and an occasional rap verse to go with their slick dance moves.

The name is an acronym for the English phrase “Star to a Young Culture,” and the group has had top-five hits in South Korea like “Run2U” and “Teddy Bear.”

The group is now on a tour of North America as its popularity has grown on the other side of the Pacific; its latest project has landed on Billboard’s world music chart.

What happened in Dallas?
As the group has traveled around the United States, it has broken out jerseys corresponding to the location of its concerts. Typically, two teams from each region have been represented, with three band members in each.

On Oct. 11 in Brooklyn, for example, members wore Yankees and Mets jerseys. In Chicago two days later, they wore Bears and Bulls jerseys. So far, so good.

For the Dallas concert, at the Factory in Deep Ellum on Thursday, local teams were chosen again, naturally. But something was wrong.

Sure enough, some group members wore Dallas Cowboys jerseys. But others were decked out not in the jerseys of the Texas Rangers baseball team, but the jerseys of the Rangers soccer team.

Which is based in Glasgow.

The blue jerseys were throwbacks to the 1990s and advertised the team’s sponsor at the time, McEwans Lager, a thirst quencher on both sides of the pond, but more readily associated with the Scottish Highlands than with the Dallas-Fort Worth area.

Representatives for STAYC did not respond to a request for comment.

What is the difference between the two Rangers?
The Texas Rangers were born in 1972, when the Washington Senators moved to town. Despite fielding superstars such as Ivan Rodriguez, Alex Rodriguez and Rafael Palmeiro over the years, the team is one of six in Major League Baseball to never win the World Series. That could change this year; they qualified for a trip to the Series on Monday night.

No such drought for the Glasgow Rangers; they have won the top tier of Scottish soccer 55 times and dominate the league alongside their hated rival, Celtic, also based in Glasgow.

Another way to tell the difference: Texas Rangers fans include George W. Bush, while Glasgow Rangers fans include Gordon Ramsay and Sean Connery.

Other teams worldwide with the name include the New York Rangers of hockey, the English soccer club Queens Park Rangers and the sports teams from Regis University in Denver.

None of those teams’ jerseys were spotted at the STAYC concert in Dallas.

What was the reaction?
Understandably, Glaswegians (at least those who aren’t Celtic fans) seemed chuffed by the unexpected endorsement. “They appear to have won over some punters in Scotland with the Light Blues support jumping on the STAYC bandwagon,” The Daily Record of Glasgow reported.

But no international incident seemed to be brewing to threaten the Special Relationship. Texas fans, at least those who sounded off online, reacted more with amusement than scorn.

STAYC is heading to the West Coast for more concerts and will finish its American leg in Los Angeles on Sunday.

Memo to STAYC: You want silver and black for the Los Angeles Kings of the N.H.L. If the jersey is red, you may be celebrating the Punjab Kings, the Indian cricket team.

This innocent mistake has garnered lots of press for these Blackpink wannabees.  I reckon imitation is the sincerest form of flattery and STACY starts of many songs with "STAYC Girls, it's going down much like Blackpink starts many live songs with "Blackpink in your area". 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Pdoggg said:

to never win the World Series.

Ah, the World series. Just in case someone thinks that it is an International event, forget it. As John Cleese once said." When other countries run an international series, they invite other countries". In this case it was setup and named by the guy that owned a newspaper called The World. Nothing to do with being an international series.

On 9/24/2021 at 6:07 PM, seven said:

That's true. I like Gen Z a lot more.  Unfortunately I have to deal with these precious millennials on daily basis. They’re just hopeless. Incels the lot of them, blaming everyone but themselves.

I'll take M's over Z's anyday

6 hours ago, Woodie said:

Ah, the World series. Just in case someone thinks that it is an International event, forget it. As John Cleese once said." When other countries run an international series, they invite other countries". In this case it was setup and named by the guy that owned a newspaper called The World. Nothing to do with being an international series.

First off, The rangers will win the "World Series" this year.  Long ball vs small ball (ask me later what that means...lol).

To a point you are right regarding an international game.  Baseball is played heavily in Central and South America, cuba, Canada (to a degree), Japan and korea.....did I leave anyone out.  Where soccer is all over the world.  There is a reason for that, soccer is cheap game to play.......you don't need much to have a game......Secondly, it is not a hard game to play.  The skill level is not extensive.  You have to be able to run all day long, great feet coordination......Whereas baseball, you need to be a 5 tool guy to play at the big leagues.  You have to run, throw (on a dime), steal bases, catch a ball, and hit a ball......60'6"....at 90 mph you have 0.25 seconds to start your swing. at 0.4 sec you can turn the light outs cause it won't matter.  The 90mph fast ball isn't even fast anymore......it use to be the average fast ball speed.  now its more like 93 to 94.  Guys throwing high 90's to 100 mph.......if you got the guts (and i do mean guts) go to a professional batting cage and stand in there........you won't get the bat off your shoulder.  Don't forget sliders, curves, sinking changeups, and inside pitching........then by miracle you make  contact, good luck getting on base.  The level of talent it takes to be a major league player is unbelievable........your eyesight better be better than 20/20.  Soccer is BIG and will remain so, but it is not the best athletes in the world. 

• Like 1

On 10/26/2023 at 2:17 PM, Zeppie said:

First off, The rangers will win the "World Series" this year.  Long ball vs small ball (ask me later what that means...lol).

To a point you are right regarding an international game.  Baseball is played heavily in Central and South America, cuba, Canada (to a degree), Japan and korea.....did I leave anyone out.  Where soccer is all over the world.  There is a reason for that, soccer is cheap game to play.......you don't need much to have a game......Secondly, it is not a hard game to play.  The skill level is not extensive.  You have to be able to run all day long, great feet coordination......Whereas baseball, you need to be a 5 tool guy to play at the big leagues.  You have to run, throw (on a dime), steal bases, catch a ball, and hit a ball......60'6"....at 90 mph you have 0.25 seconds to start your swing. at 0.4 sec you can turn the light outs cause it won't matter.  The 90mph fast ball isn't even fast anymore......it use to be the average fast ball speed.  now its more like 93 to 94.  Guys throwing high 90's to 100 mph.......if you got the guts (and i do mean guts) go to a professional batting cage and stand in there........you won't get the bat off your shoulder.  Don't forget sliders, curves, sinking changeups, and inside pitching........then by miracle you make  contact, good luck getting on base.  The level of talent it takes to be a major league player is unbelievable........your eyesight better be better than 20/20.  Soccer is BIG and will remain so, but it is not the best athletes in the world. 

Where do I start?. I think your last sentence infers baseball players as being athletes?. And the best?. Mmmm.

As you say baseball is played in a few countries. Maybe because to me it is boring. Yanks talk about cricket being boring, but it leaves baseball in the dust. There is a World Cup going on at the moment ( limited overs game),with a lot more countries involved than that which play baseball. It also has a hard ball bowled at the batsman at sometimes 90 mph and bouncing off a hard pitch. Sometimes at knee height and sometimes around your head!. The fielders also stand very close to the batsmen when slower bowlers are in action and have to duck if the ball is hit in their direction and they cant catch it. Oh, and they dont wear catching mits. Bare handed!.

There are sports that don't spread across the world very much for whatever reason. Take Australian football for example. Really only played in Australia and in some states here is a religion. I try and make sense of it but it eludes me. Some very strange rules involved. It does take a very large area to be played on so that is a restriction.

There are many discussions re sport and its ranking in the world. We all have our choices.

Rugby Union also has a World Cup going on at the moment. (Come on the Kiwis).

I have a cricket ball in my room.  

8 hours ago, Woodie said:

Where do I start?. I think your last sentence infers baseball players as being athletes?. And the best?. Mmmm.

As you say baseball is played in a few countries. Maybe because to me it is boring. Yanks talk about cricket being boring, but it leaves baseball in the dust. There is a World Cup going on at the moment ( limited overs game),with a lot more countries involved than that which play baseball. It also has a hard ball bowled at the batsman at sometimes 90 mph and bouncing off a hard pitch. Sometimes at knee height and sometimes around your head!. The fielders also stand very close to the batsmen when slower bowlers are in action and have to duck if the ball is hit in their direction and they cant catch it. Oh, and they dont wear catching mits. Bare handed!.

There are sports that don't spread across the world very much for whatever reason. Take Australian football for example. Really only played in Australia and in some states here is a religion. I try and make sense of it but it eludes me. Some very strange rules involved. It does take a very large area to be played on so that is a restriction.

There are many discussions re sport and its ranking in the world. We all have our choices.

Rugby Union also has a World Cup going on at the moment. (Come on the Kiwis).

Yes, I do infer baseball players are the top athletes and require the most skills (tools) in order to play in the Majors.  I also believe Jim Thorpe was the greatest athlete.  If you are saying baseball is boring, then soccer is a real snoozer.  I believe it is well documents that getting a hit in baseball is the most challenging task in all of sports.  I will wrap up with this, a MLB player makes a lot of money.  Top soccer players make a ton of money.  Rugby, cricket, etc, do not make the big monies.  If a cricket player could make it in the MLB, they would, and become instant multi millionaires.  Also, the MLB teams would be scouting them to find great fresh talent, as was done in Central and South America.  If rugby could translate to the NFL....the rugby players would be rushing in to get the money.  If doesn't happen for a reason.

I haven't even touched on Hockey, which is an international sport as well as baseketball........The goal of all these international sports is to make it to America and make the multi-millions.  Soccer being the exception, since they are top paid in their countries.

Soccer is the truiset of world sport, that draws the attention of the world during the big event.  Second would be the Olympics.

4 hours ago, Zeppie said:

the rugby players would be rushing in to get the money.  If doesn't happen for a

Some have, but only for the kicking duties, so like a lot of NFL players they play for a total of about 5 minutes per game. They probably prefer a game where thay play for 80 minutes rather than about 10 for NFL players.

I think I have said this before but my father was in the airforce in WW2 and they arranged a game of American football against the Yank airforce team. The locals were given a brief rundown on how it was played. The Yanks had their normal breaks between plays discussing tactics, while the locals just wandered around wondering what the hell was going on. Anyway the final score was a victory to the locals!. I guess it was lucky that the local team consisted of a lot of top grade Rugby players,(including my father).

1 hour ago, Woodie said:

Some have, but only for the kicking duties, so like a lot of NFL players they play for a total of about 5 minutes per game. They probably prefer a game where thay play for 80 minutes rather than about 10 for NFL players.

I think I have said this before but my father was in the airforce in WW2 and they arranged a game of American football against the Yank airforce team. The locals were given a brief rundown on how it was played. The Yanks had their normal breaks between plays discussing tactics, while the locals just wandered around wondering what the hell was going on. Anyway the final score was a victory to the locals!. I guess it was lucky that the local team consisted of a lot of top grade Rugby players,(including my father).

So let me get this straight..........you had a bunch of ringers, and home field advantage........that sounds about right.  I also think you made my point when you said some players have made it into the NFL...but mostly as kickers.........see, the ones that could make jumped ship.........that's my point.......

5 minutes per game..........lol.......that's funny.  The only ones playing 5 minutes per game are the ones we get across the pond........

Actually i love watching soccer.......I get an hours nap and didnt miss a thing........but i also watch for the comedy affect....they roll around on the ground crying and screaming and then get up and play on........great popcorn entertainment.......

As kids the best athletes dominated in all sports.  Perhaps in high school the bruising running back was also a great power forward and home run hitter.  But he might be too short for the NBA and also incapable of hitting the curve ball.  

I enjoy Aussie Rules Football and Rugby.   I get why many non-Yanks find baseball boring.  If you didn't grow up with it then it's boring much like cricket is to me.

21 hours ago, Zeppie said:

you had a bunch of ringers, and home field advantage.

Well. You seem to be clutching at straws. A bunch of ringers?. They had never played American football before, and home field advantage??? Played on a field with probably 100 people watching!. Wow! Also the Yanks were probably not as fat as their successors are now so cant use that as an excuse.:rolleye0012:

7 hours ago, Woodie said:

Well. You seem to be clutching at straws. A bunch of ringers?. They had never played American football before, and home field advantage??? Played on a field with probably 100 people watching!. Wow! Also the Yanks were probably not as fat as their successors are now so cant use that as an excuse.:rolleye0012:

Say what you want splinters........but we still saved your arses........

2 hours ago, Zeppie said:

Say what you want splinters........but we still saved your arses........

Could be true, but you joined in 2 years after it started and after the Japs ruffled your feathers.

Actually you continued this discussion after I pointed out that the US is about the only country playing American football and only a few more playing baseball.

I think that says something about those sports.

Lets give it a rest.

• Like 1

• 5 months later...

newjeans.webp

NewJeans, one of the biggest K-pop acts, has asked a federal court in California to order Google to release the identity of the person behind a YouTube account that the members say is spreading defamatory statements about them.

The group said that a YouTube user with the handle @Middle7 made the statements in dozens of videos that were viewed more than 13 million times, according to the court filing. The group’s lawyer, Eugene Kim, wrote that the account had also engaged in “name-calling or other mocking behavior” targeting NewJeans. The videos “continue to inflict significant reputational damage,” according to the filing.

https://www.nytimes.com/2024/04/10/arts/music/newjeans-kpop-youtube-defamation-lawsuit.html

• Like 1