Shootings in Korat

duke007

What a tragedy, here is hoping there are no more fatalities.  Been in that mall a few time since it was built, and actually popped into the basement where Foodland is located back in late November on my way back to Pattaya from the sticks.  Hard to believe something like this could happen in a familiar place.  

F4EA12F7-29DA-4B7A-9380-E713BCF96DE4.jpeg

• Like 1
40 minutes ago, bumblebee said:

Hard to believe something like this could happen

I've learned that lesson the hard way. I was in New York with my favorite lb and some of her friends and they were conversing in Thai and a guy comes up and tells them to get the fuck out of his country.. They ignore him and he assaults them and says that's why he voted for Trump.

Lesson.. anything can happen anywhere when you least expect. Just try to be observant even when vacationing of your surroundings and always have an escape plan unless we want to be ducks in a shooting gallery.

• Like 1
8 hours ago, Ashoka said:

I was in New York with my favorite lb and some of her friends and they were conversing in Thai and a guy comes up and tells them to get the fuck out of his country.. They ignore him and he assaults them and says that's why he voted for Trump.

Ashoka, what do you mean by assault as that covers a wide range of violent behavior?  Where did this happen?   

I reckon he didn't even clock her as transgender.  He would have went even crazier if she saw her coming out of the women's hong nam!  Did she have any apprehension using public toilets?

I have a friend who lives in Korat. Luckily it was a Buddhist day yesterday, so horse racing postponed to today - and that is held in the army base (apparently not the base where the shooting kicked off). My friend usually goes to Terminal 21 on his way home from the track, and may have got more than a pizza, it seems.

A sensitive guy (not) - he told me this morning there might be some specials in Foodland this afternoon. Seriously, it will be interesting to see what comes out of the situation, given all the rumours flying around.

• Like 1
9 hours ago, Pdoggg said:

Ashoka, what do you mean by assault as that covers a wide range of violent behavior?  Where did this happen?   

I reckon he didn't even clock her as transgender.  He would have went even crazier if she saw her coming out of the women's hong nam!  Did she have any apprehension using public toilets?

It had nothing to do with a bathroom at all. She is passable except for her voice.

It happened in Green Acres Mall, Valley Stream, New York. She went to a Japanese restaurant with her friends and she was talking with her friends in thai. As they leave they are taking selfies and this guy grabs her, puts his arms around her and wants a selfie with her.

She didn't like being touched and said stop touching me - in thai ladyboy voice.

Seeing that she isn't a real girl, he punched her a couple of times in her face and told her to get the fuck out of his country while her friends held him back and police was called.. but damage was done. She had a deviated septum.

The guy was certifiably nuts.. he said to cops call ICE and deport her and that's why he voted for Trump. Said she had started it by stalking him.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Ashoka said:

It had nothing to do with a bathroom at all. She is passable except for her voice.

It happened in Green Acres Mall, Valley Stream, New York. She went to a Japanese restaurant with her friends and she was talking with her friends in thai. As they leave they are taking selfies and this guy grabs her, puts his arms around her and wants a selfie with her.

She didn't like being touched and said stop touching me - in thai ladyboy voice.

Seeing that she isn't a real girl, he punched her a couple of times in her face and told her to get the fuck out of his country while her friends held him back and police was called.. but damage was done. She had a deviated septum.

The guy was certifiably nuts.. he said to cops call ICE and deport her and that's why he voted for Trump. Said she had started it by stalking him.

Unfortunately the number of incidents like this are increasing as Trump has pretty much given free rein for his supporters to do these things in public they would not have done in the past.

I can only hope that he will be a one term president, as the polarization and antagonism that has resulted will take more than one more term to solve.

Also I am very sad to hear about this shooting in Thailand, it's someplace where we would not expect something like this to happen.

• Like 3