Crabby and Thomas Update

pdogg

Here's a post of Crabby's from the GayButtonThai.com forum.

Ladyboy Review wishes the all the best for Michael and Thomas. It was an extraordinary accomplishment that a Sunee Bar became so popular with our crowd.

]Been really busy the last few weeks! My bid on a HUD house was accepted last week and we hope to close next week; 3br 2b, brick, fenced yard, basement garage, good condition, $14500! The lake houses were not up to scratch so I passed on them. Also have purchased a Toyota Camry for Thomas, and an Oldsmobile Intrigue for me. After some sprucing up at the house, I can go back to being a full time wino and Thomas can start stealing cars again.

Any intel on why they decided to leave? Obviously they had what lots of guys on here wish they could get - a life in Pattaya with a successful business.

Can we deduce that "the dream" - even when executed perfectly - has a few flaws?

Would love to know what they thought of the experience and why they left.

Any intel on why they decided to leave? Obviously they had what lots of guys on here wish they could get - a life in Pattaya with a successful business.

Can we deduce that "the dream" - even when executed perfectly - has a few flaws?

X

My understanding is that the primary reason Crabby and Thomas returned to the States is that both their fathers are I'll.

We're there other factors? I don't know.

I think Crabby executed brilliantly by not only increasing his core customer base of gay expats and frequent visitors but adding other niches such as our ladyboy crew and gay Russians.

The profits were probably quite meager despite lots of hard work.

My guess is that beyond the illnesses in both their families that they just had enough of Sunee and were ready for new adventures, but this is only a guess.

Without Crabby, Thomas, Ning, and Aun, Corner has lost our crowd.

It appears no other SuneeBar is trying to capture our business.

YaYa has a great owner but without ladyboy waitstaff is unlikely to attract us in huge numbers. There were many nights when our table at Corner would have a dozen people or more.

YaYa is having. Christmas Eve party, the food was delicious last year. But the bottom line is that YaYa is.gay bar therefore not every forum member's cup of tea.

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry for the confusion gents. YaYa's is across the soi from Corner.

Took a stroll around Sunee tonight and just about every beerbar seemed quite busy. Except for Corner.

Corner has not only lost "our" crowd but also much of their gay core constituency.

Why?

For the most part our crowd was not really there to barfine Ning or Aun. And the gay crowd was not there to take off the boys either.

Both crowds were there to socialize with friends in comfy wicker chairs. But all the bars in Sunee have that.

I believe customers are looking for a bar where they can feel at home. It's important that the staff and the owners make the customer happy and Michael, Ning, and Aun were certainly good at that.

Btw, Aun was sitting next door to Corner but she said she was just there to see friends.