Koh Chang 2016

I have just pre-booked a room at the Paddy Palms (Whites Sands area) in Koh Chang for 3 nights this November.

http://paddyspalmspub.com/

It was prompted after watching a few of Geoff Carter video's, he has spent some time there very recently.

I have been meaning to there or Ko Samet for years but have never got around to it, I was thinking it would be a good place to "chillax" for a few days in the middle of my planned 24 night trip in Pattaya, 

I have been doing some research but the reviews and posts Ive read are dated so I was wondering if any of you folk that have been there in the last year could give me some pointers.:good:

I know there is a Beer Complex very near to where I will be staying that has about 20 bars where girls can be met and even a few of "ours" are known to be knocking about :spiteful:

I have known a couple of guys who have taken a girl from Pattaya with them there , however I am not looking to do that (but never say never :rolleye0012:)

Paddy's Palms is attached to the Irish Pub of the same name so I can even have a few pints of the black stuff as well some great food, the rooms look very good (with balcony) and there is a swimming pool 

The good thing is that I have booked it via Booking.com so I have not had to pay a deposit for the room and have the option of cancelling 2 days before to my due arrival date free of charge B)

koh-chang-map...jpg

paddy1.jpg

paddy.jpg

paddy2.jpg

paddy6.jpg

paddy7.jpg

paddy9.jpg

• Upvote 2

Never been to Koh Chang, but have been to Koh Samet. I loved Koh Samet, very easy to get to from Pattaya, quiet, relaxed vibe, very reasonably priced accommodations. The only bummer was there were none of ours there. Would be a lovely place to bring your own for a few days.

I stayed at Pudsa Bungallows, right on the beach. You fall asleep and wake up to the sound of the ocean. Was there in May/June last year.

You can score weed at the reggae bar. Scooter rentals are cheap. 

There are nicer (more expensive) places. But the place where I stayed suited me just fine. Might be a bit rustic for some. 

• Upvote 4
37 minutes ago, strocube said:

Never been to Koh Chang, but have been to Koh Samet. I loved Koh Samet, very easy to get to from Pattaya, quiet, relaxed vibe, very reasonably priced accommodations. The only bummer was there were none of ours there. Would be a lovely place to bring your own for a few days.

I stayed at Pudsa Bungallows, right on the beach. You fall asleep and wake up top the sound of the ocean. Was there in May/June last year.

You can score weed at the reggae bar. Scooter rentals are cheap. 

There are nicer (more expensive) places. But the place where I stayed suited me just fine. Might be a bit rustic for some. 

Just curious what did you pay a night? 

• Upvote 1
On 5/13/2016 at 11:43 PM, duke007 said:

I have just pre-booked a room at the Paddy Palms (Whites Sands area) in Koh Chang for 3 nights this November.

http://paddyspalmspub.com/

It was prompted after watching a few of Geoff Carter video's, he has spent some time there very recently.

I have been meaning to there or Ko Samet for years but have never got around to it, I was thinking it would be a good place to "chillax" for a few days in the middle of my planned 24 night trip in Pattaya, 

I have been doing some research but the reviews and posts Ive read are dated so I was wondering if any of you folk that have been there in the last year could give me some pointers.:good:

Same same here but 4-5 hours to get there is bit off putting...How you planing to get there Duke?

I have taken the bus back from Trat to Pattaya. Not sure how you get from the ferry to Tart as I was coming from Cambodia. Think there are busses 3 times a day.  I highly recommend this bus, comfortable and not expensive. You get off at Sukhumvit and Pattaya Tai and then take a baht bus down Pattaya Tai.  There is a queue of busses waiting near there, 10 baht.

If you have to stay overnight in Trat, then I recommend http://www.asiahotelandtravel.com/index.php/topic/414-trat-hotels/

Going the other way, the bus might stop at the main Pattaya Bus Station but I am not sure about that.

I have taken the bus to Trat from Pattaya and you get it the same place you mentioned getting off the bus from Trat Pdoggg.

You sometimes have to flag the bus down if you are the only one waiting for it too,  make sure Dave you get the Thai for Trat  written down as the Bus generally only has the destination written on it at the front in Thai.

• Upvote 1
6 hours ago, Billy69 said:

Same same here but 4-5 hours to get there is bit off putting...How you planing to get there Duke?

I may fly to Trat from Suvarnabhumi and then get the bus back to Pattaya

4 hours ago, Pdoggg said:

Not sure how you get from the ferry to Tart 

That place sounds interesting :biggrin:

1 hour ago, BigTel said:

You sometimes have to flag the bus down if you are the only one waiting for it too,  make sure Dave you get the Thai for Trat  written down as the Bus generally only has the destination written on it at the front in Thai.

This amogo?

ตราด