Visa Photo's

jeffs

In bangkok now fly to Cambodia tomorrow but forgot to bring any photo's for visa on arrival , walked up sukhumvit road found photo shop five minutes later had eight photo's for 200 baht , the shop is located directly opposite soi 6 right next to the stairs for nana skytrain .

• Upvote 2

I always get my passport photos taken in Los as I tend to have a bit more colour and look healthier than when home.  And like you point out Jeffs a good price also, along with the fact it's a real camera and not a photo booth.  Think it Pattaya most places do 6 photos for 100 to 120 B if I recall correctly.  Maybe someone on the ground can update.

Although it's likely a moot point by now, in this instance anyway, the photo issue can be dealt with at the visa desk on arrival at Pochentong Int'l Airport. The cost varies depending on the person dealing but was around $1 or $2 each the last time I did it. It ends up just being a photocopy of your passport picture but seemingly good enough for them.

Someone may have more up-to-date info on the visa on arrival at Phnom Pehn's airport, but I always found the best way, despite costing a few extra dollars, was to get an e-visa ahead of time. By doing the e-visa it can save a lot of potential palaver with very long and disorganised queues at the visa desks, plus much less opportunity to be ripped-off.

With an e-visa you just bypass the melee and head straight to the actual immigration desks. Just make sure it's one with an 'e-visa' sticker on display otherwise you may queue in that line for nothing.

e-visa

If you get the opportunity it's well worth scanning some passport photos and then emailing them to yourself so they can be accessed anywhere (e.g. for the e-visa application), as well as a scan of your passport main page and any other important documents, such as insurance.  The more modern method might be to save them to a cloud, plus your phone too.

• Upvote 2

I use the e-visa for Cambodia but with all costs and fees it is now US$40. But I hate queues so I always use the e-visa. But it doesn't make my luggage come out on the conveyor any faster. So sometimes I am one of the first through immigration but one of the last to get my luggage.

I had 16 photos made in Pattaya about eight years ago and I have been using them for visas ever since. They technically aren't the right size and the background is too dark but they always seem to work. But I used a current photo last time I renewed my passport. It was taken by me on my own camera, uploaded to the WalMart web site and the photos were waiting for me by the time I got to the store. As DC suggests I have a passport size photo and a Cambodia e-visa size photo I took and transferred to my laptop computer for future use. 

• Upvote 1

Some good reply there guys .

Last time I not have pic guy stung me $2 for no pic , evisa is easier but the extra extra $10 that's your taxi fare into town unless you stay at good old flamingoes they do free pick up from airport .

I was stuck over half way down plane saw most passengers were filling in paper work for visa on arrival so did a Usain bolt got to the front of que took just over 30 minutes from landing to exit airport .

Immigration guy did try to scam me gave him $50 note gave me $15 back pointed out $5 short he say yes sir and give 5 more , can't blame him for trying .

evisa is easier but the extra extra $10 that's your taxi fare into town unless you stay at good old flamingoes they do free pick up from airport .

Haven't been in PP in a while although I currently have an e-visa in my possession that will get used soon. I was told that ride will now cost you $12? I stayed at Flamingos my first trip. Once was enough. :biggrin:  It's all in what one wants to spend money on. I'll spend $10 to be through immigration three minutes after I get to the main floor. But I might endlessly argue with a tuk tuk driver over $1. :biggrin:    

But I might endlessly argue with a tuk tuk driver over $1. :biggrin:    

Hey guys if you walk outside the airport there are many tuk tuk drivers who charge only $5 to the Riverside.

If it's not raining, I suppose it's possible to negotiate tough and get it down to 4 bucks but that's not how I want to start my visit to Cambodia.

But otherwise I'm not going to pay a dollar over the going rate.  Super quick trips should only $1. Sometimes it's better to negotiate in riel. 

It's only a 2 minute walk to get outside teh airport to where all these tuk tuk drivers are located.

I've never used an e-Visa.  But some say it's especially helpful if traveling by land to Cambodia where you're very likely to be overcharged.  I've only travelled overland in the other direction where the Thai Immigration officials were friendly and professional.