Ladyboy Scene 2016: What may happen?

Stroker

Well guys as another fun filled ladyboy year comes to an end we face into another one of potential and possibilities. The 2 main bars in Bangkok appeared to be Chaos 9 and Check In, with Darkside going quiet, is it still operating? What do you Bangkok fans predict for the coming year regarding the scene there?

Pattaya witnessed the opening of the new Sensations and Katoeys r us recently along with the extension of 69Bar and a new location for Baby Boom. La Bamba is ticking along and Litas is an old hands favorite for late night fun on Walking St. Will they, and other bars not covered, all be here in 12 months time or will one or two sink along with the rise of a new ladyboy venue perhaps?

In November it appeared as if the Pool Party shaded the LB water volleyball to be the main event for Party Season but will either of them still be around in 11 months or have they had their moment?

Patong seems to be the same old, same old with C&D being the default venue of choice and I guess we can expect that to continue?

Will we continue to see more and more internet encounters organised to the detriment of bar fines being paid and will the Filipino invasion continue or has that peeked already?

Any other predictions?

The first wave of Filipinos have spread their wings it appears. You don't notice many appearing in Pattaya/Bangkok bar photos on FB like they did a year or so ago. It will be interesting to see how the LBWVB v Pool Party goes this year. Was the Pool Party a once off to give LBWVB a bloody nose or will it become the main event as LBWVB becomes more sanitised and loses its early days appeal. With a few volatile bar owners in the mix alliances could change between now and November.

Well guys as another fun filled ladyboy year comes to an end we face into another one of potential and possibilities. The 2 main bars in Bangkok appeared to be Chaos 9 and Check In, with Darkside going quiet, is it still operating? What do you Bangkok fans predict for the coming year regarding the scene there?

The most frequented bar in BKK probably DC10 bar right now.. they have LB snatch squads that grab Japanese and force them in the bar and some near fights .ha ha.. i cant believe this is still going on after 3 months ...soon most Japanese wont even walk past the bar... funny to watch though.. its done sort of as a joke but the girls can be a bit rough and some guys are pretty shaken up 

A few guys from here wont be going to Pattaya any time soon. thats for sure....it seems to be dropping off as a once "must do" part of the trip. 

A few guys from here wont be going to Pattaya any time soon. thats for sure....it seems to be dropping off as a once "must do" part of the trip. 

Sorry TC but I disagree on this one. BKK is a few day stop, on the way to Pattaya, for most of us if even that. I don't intend to stop in BKK on my next three month trip. If money matter it's on to Pattaya.

• Upvote 1

[...]  With a few volatile bar owners in the mix alliances could change between now and November.

With the recent advent of the "Baby Boom and Sensations VIP Card" certain alliances already seem to be forming, with some casual alliances apparently un-forming.

In my fourth year of living in Pattaya, Bangkok is on my 'can't be bothered list'. I had a 3-day trip there 3 years ago and couldn't wait to get back to Pattaya. Not been back since and no plans to do so, not even annually when en-route to the Airport. Although, in fairness, both my circumstances and desire are not what they once were.

Both Sensations and Baby Boom with their pristine newness show all the hallmarks of being around for some time to come, but there's perhaps a hint of fingers-crossed for Baby Boom in the long-term due to its visitor numbers.

On the other side of the coin the fairly recent doubling in size of 69 Bar brings with it both double key-money and double rent. Frayed relationships and easily bruised feelings and sensitivities along with the hike in ongoing running costs without a doubling in punter numbers may have their crosses to bear.

Having visited 69 Bar just once (a few weeks ago) since the extension was apparently finished despite it only being less than a 10 minute walk away it was disappointing to see that the works remained incomplete. Mis-matched ceilings and floors still to be done and it looked tatty, but that lack of finish may in itself be a sign of things to come. No point throwing good money after bad, I suppose. Perhaps only one decent night per week is enough after all.

I suspect the Pool Parties and the LBWVB will both continue, but there's only so much punter money available and with neither event having the monopoly on all bars something may give. As always, when it suits their agenda, certain bar owners will cling to the coat-tails of the more popular bar owners in an attempt to maintain their Pattaya footprint and there's no better way to do that than participating in an event.

Sensations has its planned rooftop pool area still to come. Although I personally won't be taking a dip in it Scott & Paeng's cream will continue to rise beyond the reach of others way out on top.

Some venues you never quite envisage ever closing, especially the ones you can't remember ever not being there. So even though I was only an occasional visitor it was sad to see the demise of Stringfellows after all these years. I have many fond memories of the venue, it was the cornerstone of drive-thru ladyboy sleaze.

Hopefully Mike White's Bar (next to the old Baby Boom) will do well. Smaller venues do have a place in the scene and a definite appeal too, which is one of the reasons I like Lita Bar.

Although I don't go out all that often here in Pattaya, besides Josephine Tan I haven't seen a Filipino in what seems like ages. I don't miss them. Maybe visas aren't as easy for them these days either. After all, they are foreigners too.

• Upvote 3

In BKK Paradise Club and Darkside went by the wayside.  Some Go Go's in Nana opened in Fairy bar, DC 10, and two bars have a mix of GG's and post ops.  they are London Calling and Erotika.  Straps is all post ops which is my understanding.

As for LB lounges a new little hole in the wall bar called Tattoo & Bar.  It's located on the even numbered side of Sukhumvit past Soi 8 just next to the pedestrian bridge.Tattoo & Bar a small bar inside but has four or five table outside.  The Tattoo shop is located next to the bar.  Their is a massage place on the other side of the bar.I stopped by twice in October and had 4 ladyboys working. They used to have GG's but no customers so they switched to ladyboys and now have customers they told me. It kind of reminds me of the old alley CIB (alley bar) except this place is a bit bigger and has two toilets.  

Beers are 100 baht and mixed drinks are 120 

Tattoo & Bar

post-1488-0-44571300-1451339806_thumb.jp

post-1488-0-50073400-1451339807_thumb.jp

Patti

post-1488-0-76015100-1451338132_thumb.jp

post-1488-0-55785900-1451338171_thumb.jp

Yo

post-1488-0-47605600-1451338255_thumb.jp

post-1488-0-69415700-1451338217_thumb.jp

Nat

post-1488-0-86241900-1451338325_thumb.jp

post-1488-0-48904100-1451338296_thumb.jp

I predict that we will see another LB lounge bar open in 2016 and predict that Mardhi will do everything he can to discount it or lead BM's to believe that CIB is the only game in town. 

Phuket has Cocktails Dreams and Tootsie Corner bar for daytime fun.  Soi Croc is under a massive construction and doesn't look like it will be reopening anytime soon. It's uncertain whether the ladyboy bars or presence will return when it finally reopens with most certainly much higher rents.  

There are a few ladyboys who work at the GG bars in the complex along Bangla Road on the soi's where Cocktails and Dreams is located.  19th hole next to C&D's also has a ladyboys.  There is more FL's than ever with Soi Croc gone.  

• Upvote 3

Sorry TC but I disagree on this one. BKK is a few day stop, on the way to Pattaya, for most of us if even that. I don't intend to stop in BKK on my next three month trip. If money matter it's on to Pattaya.

Ya .. good luck to you of course but maybe the guys i know are BKK Centric .. i also wont ever be going back to Pattaya.. this short trip is the last for me thats for sure. Nothing here for me just a higher chance of getting killed by the lunatic motorbike riders who now decided that the beach rd walkway is now a two way traffic stretch. 

I hate it here now 

btw

Obsessions in Bangkok which is usually standing room only was empty all last week and the Girls that mostly hate farangs were begging for Barfines , hard to believe.. they are hoping that the Japanese turn up this week

Customers are thin on the ground it seems in many places... very thin

I think the Flippers going back into the shadows was some kind of police crackdown coming from the top, Once the bar owners got a heads up they almost instantly vanished from the bars and now are just freelancing online.

It was sad to see Darkside and Paradise go this year. On the Patts vs BKK debate, speaking to a couple of people in Patts the other week the pricing in the big Mango is a bit of deterrent. I think now the cheapest LB bar beer is 120B (CIB) whereas in Patts you are usually paying 70/80 baht a beer. It adds up quickly over the course of a night. The "new" Guess, Chaos 9 has nice Thai host, kind of in the mould of Lita, sadly I don't visit it too often as the beers are about the same price as the Nana Go-Go's (130B upwards)..... I'm turning into a a penny pinching expat already  :rolleye0012:

I had the chance to do a quick Patts trip last weekend for the first time since August and in that short space of time a lot had changed with a couple of new bars and some old favourites changing their premises. The new Boom was spooky, like sitting in an exact mirror image of the old bar. One thing that did make me smile was a I spotted a couple of the girls wearing red "Stringfellows" Kimonos.

Maybe I just got lucky with a cooler weekend to visit Patts but I wasn't as hot in the extended 69 as I used to get before. The new Sensations was impressive, busy the first night I was there for Scott's party but went back quiet late the second night with two other BM's and it we were the only ones there. That wasn't a bad thing though, we just sat at the bar with some chilled out dance music on in the background at a reasonable level and the girls didn't interject too much. Despite all good intentions of trying to see Mike Whites and K'R'Us I never made it.

Seeing Soi Croc close in Patong was another shame, hopefully something else will replace it. As much as I enjoy my nights at C&D, it's good to have some other LB venues so you can have something resembling a crawl. I understand a lot of the ex-Soi Croc girls are now operating out of other mixed bars in the C&D Soi, thus making that Soi a bit of a "Soi Ladyboy" within Phuket.

• Upvote 3