No More Naked Ladies In Playboy

Pdoggg

Does this meanthere will be naked Ladyboys instead?

Times have changed at Playboy.

Starting next year, the publication long known for showcasing the female physique will no longer feature models in the nude, according to a report in The New York Times.

The decision apparently rose from a meeting with Playboy editor-in-chief Hugh Hefner and an editor at the magazine, amid discussions about a forthcoming update.

The Times' Ravi Somaiya writes that now that Playboy has effectively accomplished its founding goal of "normalizing" the female body by introducing women to the world in their au naturel state, the magazine's mission has been accomplished.

Keep in mind that in the days before Playboy landed on magazine racks (in the 1950s), female nudity was taboo.

Playboy CEO Scott Flanders is quoted in The Times: "That battle has been fought and won ... you're now one click away from every sex act imaginable for free."

Flanders is essentially saying that the internet has made the thrill of eyeballing naked women "passé" and that Playboy can no longer let that be its primary commodity.

Evidence of that can be found in a report by the Alliance for Audited Media (AAM), The Times notes, which says Playboy's 5.6 million circulation in 1975 has taken a staggering fall to just 800,000.

http://www.businessinsider.com/playboy-magazine-will-no-longer-feature-nude-women-in-its-print-edition-2015-10

• Upvote 1

it's a flat out MIRACLE Playboy even survived into the 2000's.  The second the internet was common it was over for em. Frankly I think they and all other skin mags of the type were obsolete by the mid 90s. Are they dim? Maybe it's losss write off? If I met someone now with a subscription, I'd walk away.  Serious deficiencies.  Cars? wank to Top Gear. Ok, i did like lil annie fanny and the old lady cartoons :)

• Upvote 1
  • 1 year later...

It’s been only a few months since Cooper Hefner, Hugh Hefner’s 25-year-old son, took over as chief creative officer at Playboy. But the magazine is already shaking things up for the March/April issue.

Yes, Playboy is bringing nudity back.

On Monday, Hefner tweeted out a statement indicating that the magazine’s removal of nudity from its pages last year “was a mistake.” He elaborated further by saying the publication is “taking [their] identity back and reclaiming who [they] are.”

The magazine removed nudity from its pages last year, a move that was met with much criticism. Hefner himself had gotten into hot water with company executives when he publicly disagreed with the decision prior to his promotion to COO.

“I didn’t agree with the decision because I felt as though millennials and Gen-Y didn’t view nudity as the issue,” Hefner said in a video interview. “The issue was the way in which nudity and the girls were portrayed.”

His statements about the company reverting back to its roots with this year’s March/April issue echo those same sentiments.

“This is a remarkably special moment personally and professionally that I get to share this issue of Playboy magazine with my Dad, as well as with readers,” said Hefner in a press release. “It is a reflection of how the brand can best connect with my generation and generations to come.”

In addition to adding nudity, the March/April issue of Playboy will bring back some old franchises (”The Playboy Philosophy,” “Party Jokes,” etc.) and omit the phrase “Entertainment for Men” from the cover.  

Of the removal of that phrase, Hefner said that the magazine “will always be a lifestyle brand focused on men’s interests, but as gender roles continue to evolve in society, so will we.” 

The March/April issue features a slew of nude women, though notably not very diverse, as well as interviews with Van Jones, Scarlett Johansson, Adam Scott, and the month’s playmates.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/playboy-takes-their-identity-back-puts-nudity-in-new-issue_us_58a1e011e4b094a129ed6668

playboy.jpgplayboy2.jpeg