Thailand Moaners: why do they stay?

Stroker

No doubt we have all heard the expats who live in Los moaning about the locals from time to time. While we all have a good reason to complain occasionally, some guys living there seem to have made an art of it and seldom say anything positive about the place they have CHOSEN to live.

Now it's all good and well to complain about our home countries, as most of us are stuck there, and we have a right to gripe, but why choose to live in a place where you find it hard to say anything positive about the locals and the tourists that visit.

I guess in our scene, some of use are willing to put up with a lot of hassle for a regular cock fix.:biggrin:

I've got bored with the way a lot of  expats (I call them sad pats) slag off the Thais, the way they do things and how they run things, whether it be overhearing them talking about it in the bars or reading their posts on fora

its Thailand and their Country ffs not yours..... an easy option imho is.....if you dont like it then fuck off elsewhere or back home   :hi:

• Upvote 2

What is really perverse is the people who come to live in Thailand, and whinge about the number of immigrants to their own country.

You mean like immigrants who come to Farangland, dont assimilate and want their new country to cowtow to their, often, byzantine ways????

You mean like immigrants who got accepted into their new country and continue to suck the taxpayer teat??

You mean like immigrants who dont think they should not be deported and sanctioned when they commit serious felonies??

You mean like immigrants who broke the law by entering/staying in country and DEMAND to be given full citizenship??

What if farangs behaved like this in thailand??  What do you think would happen and how do you think they would be received???

• Upvote 4

I've got bored with the way a lot of  expats (I call them sad pats) slag off the Thais, the way they do things and how they run things, whether it be overhearing them talking about it in the bars or reading their posts on fora

its Thailand and their Country ffs not yours..... an easy option imho is.....if you dont like it then fuck off elsewhere or back home   :hi:

Couldn't of put it better myself  :drinks:

• Upvote 1

Guest LaBambaBar

You mean like immigrants who come to Farangland, dont assimilate and want their new country to cowtow to their, often, byzantine ways????

You mean like immigrants who got accepted into their new country and continue to suck the taxpayer teat??

You mean like immigrants who dont think they should not be deported and sanctioned when they commit serious felonies??

You mean like immigrants who broke the law by entering/staying in country and DEMAND to be given full citizenship??

What if farangs behaved like this in thailand??  What do you think would happen and how do you think they would be received???

post-6837-0-79827800-1441359060_thumb.jp

• Upvote 2

What is really perverse is the people who come to live in Thailand, and whinge about the number of immigrants to their own country.

Very true I have heard it a few times myself and the irony seems totally lost on them.

Unfortunately big mouths and small brains seem to go hand in hand . 

These people seem extensively to be English also , I'm not having a pop at my English friends here but I've yet to meet a Thailand moaner who wasn't  from dear ol ' blighty .

They all hark back to the good ol days before their country and culture was destroyed by immigrants , so their solution is to go and inflict their superior culture of bad fashion sense , foul language , all day drinking and general loudness on another country .

I'm sure Pattaya is culturally richer for their imput .  

• Upvote 4

i have learnt many things from Thailand and Asia in general....they improved my way of thinking....but it is impossible to ask to a foreigner living in Thailand not to moan.....especially from british people...if they moan with "their" sense of humor" is always fun....

it is probably something most appreciated from "non" english people like me.....

regarding me...being a latino...thailand has a relaxing effect on me....that i realize more when home...than in thailand

i started moaning about my country...not thailand!

• Upvote 3