Free Seats On AirAsia

DownLoLarry

Get 20% off ALL SEATS ALL FLIGHTS when you book this 7 - 11 September! Fly to over 75 global AirAsia destinations this year! And it only gets better as now you can experience Premium Seats with all its perks at 20% off as well!

The sale starts today! Hurry and book your 20% off seats now!

Booking Period : 7 - 11 September 2011

Travel Period : 12 September - 16 November 2011

Travel Notes : - Advanced booking required.

- Fares are not available during embargo period.

- 20% discount is applicable for Base Fares only

http://www.airasia.com/my/en/promotion/20promo.page

Thanks for the heads up.

I just checked the website, and return flights from Hong Kong are about 800 HKD, totalling less than 1400 once all the taxes, surcharges and other fees have been added.

That's just about 110 Quid, so I'm highly tempted to pop over there for a short stay in a fortnight or so.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Any place outside of Thailand where I can fly on the cheap...

I flew over here a week back on a last minute ticket and didn't have time to get a second

visa...So I can only stay for 90 days...I need to go in and out in December to get another

30 days...(Actually I have a second visa but it expires in October-Dumb me)...

Right now I'm looking at about 200 USD to fly in and out on the same day...Damn, I can fly

from Phoenix to LA RT for 120 USD...That plus the cost of transport to and from the airport

makes it at the about the same cost as using a visa service here in Pattaya...

I think for about 8000 baht...240 USD...I can get a second visa without leaving the country...

Initially I thought I'd just go home for Xmas and New Year celebrations, but now my daughter

has decided to come over in December (thanks to Dad for footing the bill) so now I gotta stick

around...

So, you guys wanta all chip in and help the old guy out...

Thought not...

Any place outside of Thailand where I can fly on the cheap...

A few dates in Dec, Bangkok to Clark, are $160 or so. www.tigerairways.com. Probably same day turn not possible, but I know of where you can get a great blowjob in Angeles City, so you'll sleep like a baby. :)

Also, Air Asia can get you in and out of Kuala Lumpur or Penang, same day or 1 day, for less than $200. And Bangkok-Saigon RT is around $160 also, although you would need to get a visa for a cost of about $40 more.

Always keep something in mind gents when comparing flight prices online. You check a flight with airline A and then go and check a similar flight with airline B, and you see that A is the better price. Now many times when you go back to A and search the flight again the price has gone up in the few minutes you were checking out B.

The browser saves your cookies, and so now the airline realises you are returning and you must be interested in their flight. Therefore they raise the price often times. To combat this if it ever happens either clear your cookies on that browser and do a fresh search or use a different browser or computer. :good:

• Upvote 1
  • 2 months later...

I'm pretty unimpressed at first take with Air Asia.

I've just booked PP - BKK one way. Searching led me to them, with the cheapest flight around (supposedly) at 87 USD.

Then the shit all came gurgling out: surcharge, airport tax, fuel tax, then 15 bucks to take 20kg luggage, then 3 bucks to select a seat (I opted not to select one, so they hit me 11 bucks as I clicked continue - presumably fining me for them having to make the seat selection for me; I cancelled and went back and selected a seat for 3 dollars), then 2.60 for compulsory insurance (which I again tried to ignore, but they just went ahead and charged me). I forget the rest, as I was busy frothing at the mouth.

But by the time we got to credit card details (3 USD processing fee) I had to pay USD 144.60 all up.

That's not double the advertised price, but it's getting on for that.

Then I had to do a web check-in and print out my boarding pass. But my printer, along with everything else is in storage, isn't it. So I'm possibly going to be at the airport, flight being called, and me without boarding pass. We'll see.

I have to travel so they had me over a barrel. But it looks like it'll be the one and only time I fly with them.

Update to the above:

I have to go back to Australia for a while after GOTC. Today I booked a Jetstar flight Darwin - Melbourne with all the taxes and add-ons similar to Air Asia, but roughly the same price as my PP - BKK flight. About 20 bucks more is all.

PP - BKK is an hour flight. Air Asia. About USD 140.

Darwin - Melbourne is 4+ hours. Jetstar. About USD 160.

I do not see value in my little AA jaunt.