Amy Winehouse RIP

pdogg

The singer's tragic death at the age of 27 puts her in a pantheon of famous musicians who have all died at the same age.

Amy follows now joins the notorious 27 Club, also known as Forever 27, which is a group of musicians who have all died at the age while struggling to cope with fame.

Club members: Kurt Cobain, Jimi Hendrix, Janis Joplin and Jim Morrison are among those who died at the age of 27.

Nirvana frontman Kurt Cobain was the most recent victim and in 1994, pumped with heroin and valium, he turned a gun on himself.

Decades earlier Jimi Hendrix, Janis Joplin, Jim Morrison and Brian Jones all died at 27.

Rolling Stone Jones drowned in a swimming pool in 1969; Hendrix choked to death in 1970 after mixing wine with sleeping pills and singer Janis Joplin suffered a suspected heroin overdose the same year.

Doors star Morrison died of heart failure in 1971.

I liked her a lot. She had some personal issues, but it seems to often go with the territory. Far be it for me to judge her. RIP Amy <3

She joins the #27 Club too, which I'm sure will lead to some people speculating about her death.

She was always a tortured soul. If you have sound mental health, you take it for granted. Some people don't and don't know how to hold things together. Easy for others with strong legs to look at someone with weak scrawny legs and say, "Why can't you run fast?" She wanted to be happy and healthy but couldn't manage it, for whatever reasons. Just be happy you can. Don't blame her. Tom Brady doesn't blame unemployed actors for not being rich athletes.

• 4 years later...

hopefully ill catch the film on my flight soon.  shame     great shame..

strange but some people i cant imagine as ever making old.... JImi Hendrix .. he was always going before his time .. Phil Lynott is another whom i could not see in carpet slippers...and so on... Kieth Moon , crikey , his number was up the moment he left the womb..... Aryton Senna..nope---- and so on

• 3 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...

I can't believe its 5 years tomorrow since Amy left us, still sorely missed by many of us

R.I.P  Princess   :Blow Heart: 

I don't ever want to drink again
I just, oh, I just need a friend
I'm not gonna spend ten weeks
Have everyone think I'm on the mend

And it's not just my pride
It's just till these tears have dried

I shall be going on a day drip to Camden Town tomorrow, will visit Amy's statue in Camden Market plus and have a few beers in the Hawley Arms (her favourite Pub) to toast her, I will hopefully post some pics of my visit soon :hi:

• Upvote 1
  • 2 years later...