Band Names

SiamSam

And the name of this manager? The Glimmer twins wrote a not so flattering song about him after they had to settle their differences in court. The song was released with another title, but you can find the original recording on bootlegs. Name the song?!

The manager's name I know, too easy for me, ALO, but the name of the song... probably not "Sympathy for the Devil" ? 

He has/had a blog that I ran across a few years ago, he has been living in Colombia for decades, think he married a Colombian woman.

I wonder what their beef is with him? He made them the second most famous rock group in the world through his ideas even though he was the same age & they are still around a half century later. I suppose it's all $$$ in the end. Did they go from him to Allen Klein, who was a real crook?

The manager's name I know, too easy for me, ALO, but the name of the song... probably not "Sympathy for the Devil" ? 

He has/had a blog that I ran across a few years ago, he has been living in Colombia for decades, think he married a Colombian woman.

I wonder what their beef is with him? He made them the second most famous rock group in the world through his ideas even though he was the same age & they are still around a half century later. I suppose it's all $$$ in the end. Did they go from him to Allen Klein, who was a real crook?

Yes. Andrew.  Not Sympathy , no. Of course it was about money. I think it was mostly Jagger who had a beef with him, it makes sense as Jagger is the business man in the group.

shit, i see Judas Priest Live and the headline act circa two years ago in London in Victoria Park High Voltage Concert ( the last one alas due to the anti noise brigade).. awesome band.. i thought id heard that song name somewhere but for some reason i thought it was that Industrial rock band NINails. 

I dont own any JP albums but its one of them bands i love to hear and good to see them still going. Rob Halford is a bit stiff in his older age on stage but he still puts on a great show

I know the guy but it's a long time since I read his name & I am also struggling to recall it.

Thanks to the initials you provided, I remember his first name is Andrew & I remember he has a hyphenated surname. He was 16 or 17 when he became the manager of the Stones. He had great chutzpah to do what he did & he was gone before he was 21. Or very young at the least.

I might recall his surname but that's all that comes to mind at the moment.

Well, I was certainly more of a fan of their early stuff than their later stuff!

Me too. Saw them live in 1969. I was still at school. 

I think 'Hot Rocks' was an excellent album, just abut every song was a hit and really well-done.....I think it was a collection of hits and .45's, no?  Never got into their post-1980 stuff, save for a song or three.  I'll be damned if I will think of this guy's name, but I DID know it at one time  grrrrrrrrr

Hot Rocks? That album was only released in the US. It was their first greatest hits album & Mick & Co didn't want to call it 'Greatest Hits'.

What name was it called in the rest of the world?

Should be easy for the fans. (Not so easy for JaiDee.)

Me too. Saw them live in 1969. I was still at school. 

My first concert ever: the Stones in Dublin 1965. They had little amps & I'm sure Mick was singing through the venue's PA. With that little set up & a hall full of screaming teenage girls who didn't let up for a minute I don't think I heard much else other than screams, bass & drums.   

the stones manager was andrew loog oldham(i knew that without hefe's clue....i think the compilation albums were "though the past darkly" and "high tide and green grass"....i couldn't remember the name of the keyboard player tho...first saw the stones in '70.....any idea of the stones song they said they'd never play again after Altamount?....But they did of course

Andrew Loog Oldham. Cocksucker blues, later Schoolboy blues from Exile.

This one is also sweet:

Yes now Andrew Oldham sittin' on a hill with Jack and Jill (Jack and Jill)

Fucked all night and sucked all night and taste that pussy till it taste just right

Oh Andrew (yes Andrew) oh Andrew (yes Andrew)

Oh suck it Andrew (go on Andrew), fuck it Andrew (go on Andrew)

Oh Andrew Oldham (yeah) A guy who really know his way around

(down down down down)

Well I said I wouldn't lay you baby, till the day that we would wed

But every time I kiss you, you know, I forget just what I said

Well well I let you keep it tonight if you hold it, hold it real tight

Wooh oo Andrew (oh Andrew) oh oh Andrew (yes Andrew)

Come and get it little Andrew, before Sir Edward takes it away from you,

Come on get her cunt Sir Edward, come on now

Huh huh play the blues everybody, play the blues

Huh fuckin'! The Rolling Stones are a great fuckin' group

What a lot of balls, Phil Spector is a lot of shit

I though Phil Spector was a lot of shit

And I've heard the group, now I know their a lot of shit

That sure was fine (yeah baby)

Got my Beatles shoes on - woo - and I'm just raring to go

Oh Andrew (yes Andrew) oh Andrew (yeah)

Ah ah ah ah, ah ah ah ah ah,

Listen Andrew, Phil, Sir Edward Lewis, the Rolling Stones, 

The hottest Phil Spector, Gene Pitney (thank you), musical radios

Birds, Al Davis showing up, ahh, yeah

(Great time man) That's all (great side man)

You know that Andrew got to walk with his baby,

Andrew has a talk with his baby

Now I know Andrew understood

That's what happen when the gettin' gets good

Oh Andrew (ba ba) oh Andrew (ba ba)

Suck it Andrew (ba ba) fuck it Andrew (ba ba)

Sir Edward where are you, Andrew is makin through

Andrew, come on Andrew shit

Oh fuck Sir Andrew, yeah!

Cocksucker Blues              

(aka Schoolboy Blues)

(Jagger/Richards) 

Well, I'm a lonesome schoolboy

and I just came into town

Yeah, I'm a lonesome schoolboy

and I just came into town

Well, I heard so much about London

I decided to check it out

Well, I wait in Leicester Square

where the guy never looks in my eyes

Yeah, I'm leaning on Nelsons Column

but all I do is talk to the lime

Oh, where can I get my cock sucked

where can I get my arse fucked

I aint got no money,

but I know where to put it every time

Well I asked a young policeman

if he'd only lock me up for the night

Well, I've had pigs in the farmyard

- some of them, some of them are alright

Well, he fucked me with his truncheon

and his helmet was way too tight

the stones manager was andrew loog oldham(i knew that without hefe's clue....i think the compilation albums were "though the past darkly" and "high tide and green grass"....i couldn't remember the name of the keyboard player tho...first saw the stones in '70.....any idea of the stones song they said they'd never play again after Altamount?....But they did of course

Loog! That was the name I was trying to remember. Who names their kid Loog FFS?

I fucked up my question, the album I was thinking of was 'High Tide & Green Grass'. I was sure I read somewhere it had been released under a different name in the US. Hot Rocks was the name I was thinking but I was wrong. Sorry fellas....        :pardon:

What was different were the song titles on the US versus the UK version of the album. Almost two different albums.

I know we don't google the answer but I think in future I should google the question before I ask it.

The Left (Lefte?) Bank, just a great, great song....

I was curious about Andrew's Blues & did a bit of research: it's The Stones & ALO + Gene Pitney, Phil Spector, & Allan Clarke/Graham Nash from the Hollies. Nash's voice is very obvious in the background harmonies, Pitney is playing piano & I couldn't find out if he or Spector was the lead singer, opinions seem to vary, I'd guess Spector singing lead but ...

Anyone know a Gene Pitney song? 

(I ran across an interesting factoid: The Jagger/Richards song "That Girl Belongs to Yesterday" was a UK hit for Pitney in 1964; it was the first tune composed by the Rolling Stones to become a Top 10 hit in the UK.)

Anyone remember the song "Walk Away Renee"?

Who was the band?

I hope Hefe's won't be going  :mad0235:  I know this one, I know this one...

Isn't the song called "Don't Walk Away Renee"?

As for the name of the band, I know this one, I can't place it but I'm sure I know this one....

I'll get back to you but I think it was Motown group. It has that sound. Damn! I know this one, I know this one.....         :movethatass: