Band Names

SiamSam

Yes it was Sara Lowndes aka Shirley Nozinsky from Delaware. He met her in New York when she was married to Peter Lowndes, a writer I think. Dylan fell head over heads in love with her. They married in Woodstock and had four children together. Dylan adopted Sara's child from her previous marriage. He wrote Sad Eyed Lady of the Lowlands (Lowndes) for her as well as the song "Sara" from the Desire album.

Gail Ann Dorsey, is a session musician that has played for many celebrated acts, Bowie, Stefani and Lenny Kravitz to name a few.

She plays bass guitar, (one of the best) the type of bass she prefers is a "Musicman Stingray"

Her favourite bass that you mostly see her playing is a white Stingray.

Question: What is her nickname for that particular Bass guitar

Gail Ann Dorsey, is a session musician that has played for many celebrated acts, Bowie, Stefani and Lenny Kravitz to name a few.

She plays bass guitar, (one of the best) the type of bass she prefers is a "Musicman Stingray"

I'll guess Vette.

I will give you a one word clue ( first is abstract)

I will add a word each day associated with the nickname

First clue:  PRESIDENT

Second Clue:  BIRTHDAY

Nice detective work Paccie!  Here's one with clues for Stones' fans:

He founded the Rolling Stones along with Brian Jones, the 2 originators of the band, including the very early gigs before a couple of members of the classic line-up joined up. He was the only one of the six members to have a phone so he did all the gig bookings before a real manager was brought in. One of the more famous members has written "I never heard a white guy play so well... it was his band..." He was the only avid golfer in the Stones, he didn't participate in the "lifestyle" of the Stones so he was the driver of the van in the early years, there are only a couple of albums that he isn't on in their recorded output through the mid-80s. He was inducted as a member of the Rolling Stones in the R&R Hall of Fame.

Yeah, I guess another clue is that you would have to be a fan of the early years & read the album liner notes. You are thinking of George Martin "The 5th Beatle" Jaidee, an excellent analogy for this "6th Stone".

I'll let it sit a while in hopes it's not too obscure, it shouldn't be for Stones' fans.

Well, I was certainly more of a fan of their early stuff than their later stuff!

I think 'Hot Rocks' was an excellent album, just abut every song was a hit and really well-done.....I think it was a collection of hits and .45's, no?  Never got into their post-1980 stuff, save for a song or three.  I'll be damned if I will think of this guy's name, but I DID know it at one time  grrrrrrrrr

I am willing to settle for a description of who/what he was in lieu of an exact correct name since I find proper names almost impossible to retrieve these days but usually remember the context/substance of a matter.

Very occasionally I have showed up at work & forgotten the names of people that have been around for years I have worked in the same office with, very embarassing...

Mixing up some 60's folk rock with some Heavy Metal!

Joan Baez made a popular song called "Diamonds and Rust" which was covered by which metal band?

Which famous NYC landmark is mentioned in the song?

Don't know metal at all....

Know the song a bit, but not enough to recall much than the refrain.

He played the keyboards, right?

That's the guy! Ian Stewart... the Sixth Stone, founding member who was dropped when they got a manager who felt he didn't fit the image they needed to project. Stayed on as road manager & keyboardist on records & sometimes on stage in the background at first.