Band Names

SiamSam

OK,  the deal with the Skynyrd boys is that a few of them were in High school together and had a real pain in the ass teacher whose name was Leonard Skinner;  he hated boys with long hair and gave them a lot of shit about it and apparently was a mean SOB.  They bastardized the name a little and came up with Lynyrd Skynyrd.

That's the story I've been trying to remember. I vaguely recalled it was the slurring of someone's real name.

Speaking of strange names, who or what is Innagadadavida & what's the story behind it? And who is the band?

And for bonus points, who is the band named after?

I always heard it was the slurring of "In the garden of eden".

There's a Simpsons episode where Bart switches this for the music sheets for the church's elderly organist & she gets possessed by the tune while the congregation sing it, excellent.  :happy0065:

Like Canned Heat I absolutely know the name of the band but can't access it, so it's still up for grabs...

I always heard it was the slurring of "In the garden of eden".

Yes, a band member was suggesting "in the garden of eden" as a name for new track but he was drunk & that was the best he could do.

C'mon Hefe, you'll kick yourself if you don't remember their name.

There's a Simpsons episode where Bart switches this for the music sheets for the church's elderly organist & she gets possessed by the tune while the congregation sing it, excellent.   :happy0065:

Goddammit! I thought I had seen all the episodes of The Simpsons but I haven't seen that show. Thanks, I will look out for it.

Without doubt The Simpsons are the cleverest, most ironic satire on television.....   EVER! 

And so many people just don't get it.....          :mad0261:

Also....I thought this was a very well-done movie from 2010 about the founding of Facebook.

The guy who wrote and performed the soundtrack is a very talented rocker who also has a Grammy, but he considers the Oscar he got for writing the score for The Social Network to be his proudest moment to date.  Name?

post-107-0-04720600-1415662059_thumb.jpg

That's the story I've been trying to remember. I vaguely recalled it was the slurring of someone's real name.

Speaking of strange names, who or what is Innagadadavida & what's the story behind it? And who is the band?

And for bonus points, who is the band named after?

I guess I am the oldest rocker among ya 'll with perhaps the exception of Hefe but his memory seems to be shot. :biggrin: .

In-A-Gadda-Da-Vida was from the sixties band Iron Butterfly

This weeks CNN show "Parts Unknown" with Bourdain was about Massachusetts (sp?). At the beginning when he revisits one of the only remaining bars from his time in Provincetown 40 years ago, behind one of the guys talking is a small poster advertising performances by Nina Simone & in smaller print above that "The Barbarians", the earlier band with the one armed drummer I wrote about a while back. Had to smile....