Band Names

SiamSam

Study released today about Musicians and life expectancy...

12,600 Musicians from all Genres were in the study who died between 1950 and 2014.

if you take the USA general population as a benchmark how much longer or shorter in years  can a Rock Star or even Pop Star expect to live on average..

Any wild guess will do as the study only came out today and it will surprise a few .. just interesting news not a dead serious question that anyone would know.... 

Study released today about Musicians and life expectancy...

12,600 Musicians from all Genres were in the study who died between 1950 and 2014.

if you take the USA general population as a benchmark how much longer or shorter in years  can a Rock Star or even Pop Star expect to live on average..

My guess is they live 10 years less....

There seem to be a lot of people here who are fans of 60's and 70's rock.

Who was the drummer for the John Mayall Bluesbreakers band in the mid-60's

Went on to form a mildly successful band of his own later :hi:

One of my favorite bands ever, just started listening to them closely mostly in the last 15 years tho.

Being a front man for this group may be the most perilous position in rock, worse than being the keyboardist for the Grateful Dead, drummer for Spinal Tap or being a Ramone! 

They started with 3 frontmen (played lead guitar, sang, wrote songs):

#1- One of the greatest guitarists in rock, went insane, homeless & has been slowly recovering after decades

#2- Disappeared into a religous cult at the beginning of a tour & has stayed a member till today

#3- Also had massive mental issues, was fired after smashing his guitar & refusing to perform at a concert; has lived in a homeless shelter for decades

When #3 was booted out, #4 frontman was hired who revived & led the group for several years to several successful albums & radio airplay but was left out when the band was inducted into the R&R Hall of Fame. He committed suicide a few years ago.

Interesting history.... 

There seem to be a lot of people here who are fans of 60's and 70's rock.

Who was the drummer for the John Mayall Bluesbreakers band in the mid-60's

Went on to form a mildly successful band of his own later :hi:

Don't have a clue JD. I know I am going to kick myself once you tell me. 

They live 15 to 20 years less.

and so...

Thats close enough young Paccers , even though you did give yourself a 5 year range...

for a popular Stars,it seems they live 25 years less than the average...otherwise its 20 years less..so that means between 50 and 60 is a ripe old age . For some Genres of music ( probably Rock) suicide is 7 time the average . Accidental death??? is 10 times higher

One supposes with all the drink and drugs and easy money etc thats awash in these cirlces its no surprise  , but even so  20 years is a fair gap  . Money for nothing and Chicks for free  .. is it worth it ? ( probably)

The study concludes with the good news that most will  at least live past the age of 27 

ref- Question

Average life expectancy for Rock/Pop Stars.    Source= Study by Dianna Kenny of Sydney University

Don't have a clue JD. I know I am going to kick myself once you tell me. 

That would be one Mick Fleetwood.

The bassist for the Bluesbreakers went with him - John McVie - later got married to Christine, added Peter Green and formed Fleetwood Mac.....Green would leave in the 70's and Buckingam and Nicks would come on board to form the classic band who made all those hits in the 70's and 80's.

Touring again!  Stevie has lost her voice though, I saw a clip of them at Madison Square Garden last month and she didn't sound too good.

That would be one Mick Fleetwood.

The bassist for the Bluesbreakers went with him - John McVie - later got married to Christine, added Peter Green and formed Fleetwood Mac.....Green would leave in the 70's and Buckingam and Nicks would come on board to form the classic band who made all those hits in the 70's and 80's.

Touring again!  Stevie has lost her voice though, I saw a clip of them at Madison Square Garden last month and she didn't sound too good.

Damn, damn damn!!! Fleetwood, of course.