Band Names

SiamSam

Which famous bass player died today? Hes mentioned in this thread.

Excuse me but the answer to this question is yet to enter folklore. I also saw his name on the news & I was about to follow JaiDee's lead & excuse myself when it occurred to me that no one can answer this question unless they learn the answer today.

I'm not in the habit of spoiling anyone's quiz question but the gentleman has only been dead a matter of hours.

So on behalf of everyone else who has turned on the news today, the bass player who died is Jack Bruce. 

Vale.

I was gobsmacked by the news of jack Bruce's death, fantastic player & I always loved his voice. I had heard that the main reason they did the reunion concerts a few years ago was that he wasn't in good health & could use the money. This one hit close for me. RIP

Ronny wood and Ron Lane i think..left the Jeff beck group and joined the Small faces who then morphed into the Faces from memory with Ian McLagen and others .. the drummer i cant recall his name , maybe Ken ??

The Faces fronted by Rod Steward of course  (now was he in the Jeff Beck Group mmmmmm.. )

(I love these Band Family Trees or member Trees diagrams.. .... ever try figuring the Deep Purple tree.its bigggg.)

could be Badfinger they were around his time  ... age i have no idea 

Someone will get the "G"  im sure. I dont remember him in Genesis or the Grateful Dead :biggrin:  or any of the Gs

You'll kick yourself after I tell ya.  :biggrin:

"Bad Faith" and "Go"

And his age when he joined the SDG was 14!!! Can you believe it? I think he is credited with being one of the youngest members of a professional rock group ever.