Band Names

SiamSam

Hehe, yeah. I like Wolf and J.Geils band alot. I have his solo albums as well, and Faye is one of the most beautiful women ever

Dating myself here but I saw them in summer of 1975!  My first concert ever at a little hockey rink in southern New Hampshire, they did a lot of dates around here way before they became nationally-famous.....they were supported by Chicago band Styx.

Dating myself here but I saw them in summer of 1975!  My first concert ever at a little hockey rink in southern New Hampshire, they did a lot of dates around here way before they became nationally-famous.....they were supported by Chicago band Styx.

Only saw them once opening up for the Stones in 1982. Excellent live kickass  band!

• Upvote 1

.........death cab for cutie? was it an episode title from the outer limits...?

THE HOLY MODAL ROUNDERS...."dont Bogart that joint my friend"........where the hell does that name come from....anybody?

Death Cab for cutie was the other band in Magical Mystery Tour willie.

Bogarting was sucking as much smoke as one possibly could for as long as possible on your smoke of choice, the way Bogie smoked his cigs.

(BTW that song wasn't by the Holy Modal Rounders but the Fraternity of Man, but I didn't catch that until I went to post the video willie! :blush:  I don't think I could remember the FOM at this point either)

The Holy Modal Rounders used a word on one of their first albums that:

1- was the first time the word was ever mentioned or sung on a recording

2 - that word later came to describe a genre of rock; ( this is pretty obscure I know so... ) hint:  this genre has resurfaced in recent years with some rock bands

If that is too obscure who was a drummer for the Holy Modal Rounders who has had a successful career as a playwright & film actor?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eN3Vl2kf5KM

• Upvote 1

Death Cab for cutie was the other band in Magical Mystery Tour willie.

Bogarting was sucking as much smoke as one possibly could for as long as possible on your smoke of choice, the way Bogie smoked his cigs.

(BTW that song wasn't by the Holy Modal Rounders but the Fraternity of Man, but I didn't catch that until I went to post the video willie! :blush:  I don't think I could remember the FOM at this point either)

2 - that word later came to describe a genre of rock; ( this is pretty obscure I know so... ) hint:  this genre has resurfaced in recent years with some rock bands

If that is too obscure who was a drummer for the Holy Modal Rounders who has had a successful career as a playwright & film actor?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eN3Vl2kf5KM

great trivia hefe....thats a pretty obscure name  for a band all right......i only knew the song "dont Bogart....." from the movie "born to be wild"...i remember i had the soundtrack....it was the HMR that performed it on that soundtrack....thats why the name stuck in my head....so, it was a cover version then.....btw,i guessed Bogart referred to the film actor Humphrey who smoked a helluva lot.....it's unknown slang in the UK,but a helluva Americanism...

So the first trivia question for the HMR was really obscure.

That word is "Psychedelic", they used it in the lyric of some song in the early/mid 60s for the first time ever on a recording.

But how about their drummer who is now a fairly well known actor & playwright, who is that?

Hint: He has enough of the right stuff to not be sheepish in his choices of leading ladies in his personal life