Inside The Beautifully Banal Daily Lives Of Thailand's Transgender Women

soiboy

post-45-0-51210200-1412890286_thumb.jpg

In his striking series Mistress," Thailand-based photographer Soopakorn Srisakul photographs his girlfriend, a transgender woman, going about her daily life. The images chronicle Srisakul's girlfriend and four of her friends, also transgender, all of whom work in the red-light Nana district in Bangkok.

post-45-0-79525600-1412890313_thumb.jpg

Srisakul describes his series as a "photo story about daily life of my girlfriend and friends." And that's exactly what you get. The images refuse to indulge a viewer looking for salacious details or some sort of fascinating secret life. And when Srisakul does capture a more seemingly transgressive shot -- one of his subjects without clothing, for example -- it's imbued with the same comfortable intimacy as all of his images. Any expectation of shock or difference is far overshadowed by a familiarity, one that makes Srisakul ask: "What makes them so different from us as to warrant a harsh treatment from the moral society, and do they deserve it at all?"

post-45-0-90403300-1412890269_thumb.jpg

Srisakul is represented by Soy Sauce Factory, 11/1 Charoen Krung Soi 24 Bangkok, Thailand.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/09/24/soopakorn-srisakul-_n_5824614.html

• Upvote 2

Guest sustra2

how many of you would you go to spend your holidays with a thai lb at her home??? i mean..her apartment?!?! i am going to do it....will report if it is so banal.....gave me an idea about a photo report...

how many of you would you go to spend your holidays with a thai lb at her home??? i mean..her apartment?!?! i am going to do it....will report if it is so banal.....gave me an idea about a photo report...

I think its LBs who live alone the life is banal. I read a few Thai LB dating sites and translate. Bored and lonely  is a common thread

• 2 weeks later...

Hey TEXASMAC

"This may be a dumb and off the wall question. Has there ever been research as to why normal men enjoy Ladyboys?"

Answer, Who knows...??? 

I have absolutely no fucking idea! Up until 5 years ago I was a regular visitor to Thailand & had worked in a job for the previous 10 years that had given me access to an international smorgasbord of pussy & had always considered myself blessed with absolutely no homosexual tendencies. Whilst I always respected LB's (i'm am open minded guy) I never looked twice at them & always viewed them as a caricature of a GG. I truly wish it had stayed that way as my life was much simpler then. How things change!

Now before anyone jumps on me I in no way consider being with an LB a homosexual act as I have come to understand that their physicality may be mixed but in most cases their soul truly is feminine. I accept this because it is their reality & it makes things easier for me as I could not stand the thought of myself being with a "dude"

I am sure everyone has their reasons but these are mine. I am still trying to come to grips with them but "such is life"

• Upvote 2