Coup!

Trenton42

Haven't seen much to support bugging out yet.

The number of Red Shirts at Victory Monument is small; <200.

Reds released so far seem contrite.

There have been ZERO attacks from the Reds since martial law.

The military is continuing to make progress dismantling UDD.

Popular regional Red leaders (such as Rambo Isaan) are retiring.

Progress also being made against PTP, and various schemes.

The farmers are being paid.

• Upvote 2

• 2 weeks later...

Thai newspapers are reporting that the curfew in Bangkok may be lifted tonight.

Spent last weekend in Pattaya where the lifting of the curfew had a great effect on my favorite bars; the girls were happy, and some bars stayed open much later than usual. Wonder if that had anything to do with the recent staff shuffling at the police department.

Would love to see Bangkok bars open late again!

• Upvote 1

Still have army check points here in Chiang Mai, but they rarely stop any one. I was out when the curfew was 10 pm and the bars were shutting up at 9:45 ish, taking it seriously. I rode around on my motorbike until 11 pm, no one bothered me, but the streets were eerily quiet.

I haven't been to a bar since the curfew was raised to 12 midnight but the streets are still quiet at 10 pm. The street walkers are also out earlier; they normally don't come out until about 11:30 pm and later :)

• Upvote 2

Still have army check points here in Chiang Mai, but they rarely stop any one. I was out when the curfew was 10 pm and the bars were shutting up at 9:45 ish, taking it seriously. I rode around on my motorbike until 11 pm, no one bothered me, but the streets were eerily quiet.I haven't been to a bar since the curfew was raised to 12 midnight but the streets are still quiet at 10 pm. The street walkers are also out earlier; they normally don't come out until about 11:30 pm and later :)

Quite a few checkpoints in greater Bangkok, but most tourists would never see them.

The soldiers don't seem to be stopping anyone, but the police OTOH are stopping every motocy they can. It's like the end of the month around here!