Do You Hire a Motorbike when in Los?

bumblebee

I don't ride one back home so there would not be much chance of me riding one here.  Being based mostly in Pattaya these days i don't have much need for one.  I enjoy walking and the transport is fairly efficient for getting around.  I can appreciate the option of exploring the surrounding areas, the convenience of zipping  from one part of town to another, but personally I find it more fun exploring the town on foot, and there is a motor taxi on every corner for emergencies.  Also there is the hassle of finding parking space and wondering if it will be there when I come back.

So for those who hire, what other advantages are there, just curious this Sunday morning.

It's all the crazy non Thais careering about having never ridden a bike in their own countries they think they can get a high speced machine and actually ride it. They are a danger to EVERYONE else on the road and the main reason I don't hire them in Thailand even though I ride a large bike at home.

I'm with pdogg, Koh Samui, Phangan, Koh Lanta, Hua Hin....

Places where its relatively flat and not too crowded, not Pattaya, never Phuket and certainly never in bangkok.

BTW I'm talking a scooter, not a serious motorcycle.

Samui, yes, I always hire a bike (scooter) here, as it is relatively quiet and quite easy to navigate.

In Pattaya, not a beagles chance in hell would I try riding a motorbike here. I was on the back of the La Bamba bike recently, with Anny at the helm, and even then I felt uncomfortable as she zipped in and out of the traffic. She is a highly experienced rider on the mean streets of Pattaya, so I reckon I would just be a danger to other road users with my lack of local.... errr, highway code, knowledge.

I do hire a motorbike (scooter) on most of my trips, I use it to get around during the day though almost never at night, sometimes it can be left for days without getting used but at around 100 baht per day to hire its hardly a big expense imho and I like the thought of just having it there.

I do hire a motorbike (scooter) ladyboy on most of my trips, I use it to get around during the day though almost never at night, sometimes it can be left for days without getting used but at around 100 baht per day to hire its hardly a big expense imho and I like the thought of just having it there.

Me too Mr Duke. 

Was really no need to hire a scooter on my last few trips as I had a very pretty girl to ferry me around on her bike B) , even better she used to keep me warm at night too :spiteful:

Yeah, yeah rub it in Mr Duke! Rub it in deep. You are so unkind. Boo Hoo. ]

I tried but she never gave me the time of day even though I just wanted to bar fine her during the hours the sun shined. Perhaps she did not understand the offered deal in play or perhaps I reminded her of you and she just couldn't rise to the occasion. Stuff like that happens sometimes. :biggrin:   

• Upvote 1

I figure it always pays to have a get away vehicle BB... :ph34r:

In Pattaya, at least, I really can't bare to be at the whim of songtow drivers & pretty much feel that my 9th & last life is probably going to run out very soon, as I've had so many near scrapes/escapes with these monkey bastards in the past.

Other than that, I really need to be able to feel that I have the flexibility of being able to jaunt off at any time & to anywhere that I want... & besides, I just love riding bikes.. Any bikes!.. It really is half of the fun of the holiday for me, especially during the day!

Biggest shame for me is that I've got a Honda, CBR'R' sports racer, up here in Chiang Mai & I'd really love to ride it down to Pattaya, but there seems to be little point, as it just wouldn't be so much fun once I'm there, because the sheer weight of traffic makes it a town for scooters & other smaller bikes... Mine would just be clumsy dodging up & down the beach road & in & out of the sois... So that said... What the fuck are all these areshole Arabs & other denominations of nit wits doing tearing up the roads of Pattaya on big bikes, with their throttles wide open, in wild, shirtless, abandon.... They're fukin' nuts & it's fukin' irresponsible... And ultra fukin' dangerous too!!! :judge:  

• Upvote 1