If You Could Have One Ladyboy Bar Back....?

bumblebee

While not a bar as such the minimart on Soi VC was a great spot opposite Sunee Plaze while it was in operation. Good seating and cheap booze along with a toilet, we need it back.

Ha ha that place sure was the bargain basement .

I recall a rather quick witted ladyboy asking where I was going and when I described that place she replied "OK if I see you I give you 5 Baht for your cup " 

Slightly off-topic, but guys who've been around the scene for many years enjoy a good reminisce now again and I'm no different. Fresher guys may think we harp on a bit about the good old days but they were great as it was our time of discovery, not theirs, they just roll their eyes and find it all rather boring like when Grandad on Only Fools and Horses starts telling one of his old stories. These days it's all laid out on a plate with GPS coordinates and cock sizes.

One of the main reasons why the good old days seemed so good was, in my opinion, due to the combination of ladyboy fora being fairly new and we could all chat about our scene with like-minded gents with relative impunity from the girls themselves as their internet access was limited beyond a hotmail or yahoo email address.

Imagine a life without smartphones, although great for accessing the internet on the hoof they are the bane of modern life. All those apps, Facebook, LINE, Whatsap etc., etc.. They're a pain in the anus, I suppose. I don't actually have one but too many people do.

It was a wonderful period before every ladyboy had a smartphone in their hand and few people even had a basic mobile phone back then.

Those wonderful halcyon days of yore, where the memories of our favourite bars at the time just add to the warm glow. It was Cat's Place Gogo, not Cat's Bar as mentioned earlier in the thread, just off Soi Day Night behind Tukcom. Remnants of the sign are still there. A very nice and cozy little place, but sadly off most monger's map.

• Upvote 1

Imagine a life without smartphones, although great for accessing the internet on the hoof they are the bane of modern life. All those apps, Facebook, LINE, Whatsap etc., etc.. They're a pain in the anus, I suppose. I don't actually have one but too many people do.

It was a wonderful period before every ladyboy had a smartphone in their hand and few people even had a basic mobile phone back then.

I've reached that age i dreaded when i was young, where i find myself muttering " it was better in the old days". I can't help it.

I'm forced to use public transportation for awhile , in a capitol in Europe, and to walk into a subway/tube/underground is a very bizarre scene these days. Everyone , young and old, staring down on a screen like they're in a hypnosis. Its a really weird experience.

I can't stand seeing the pics from bars with girls/lbs with a smartphone in their hand. If i was a bar owner i would ban phones for staff while working.

• Upvote 3

Those wonderful halcyon days of yore, where the memories of our favourite bars at the time just add to the warm glow. It was Cat's Place Gogo, not Cat's Bar as mentioned earlier in the thread, just off Soi Day Night behind Tukcom. Remnants of the sign are still there. A very nice and cozy little place, but sadly off most monger's map.

Oh yes  Good old days... :happy0148:

WTF...I'm beginning to sound like my grandpa... :sad0143:  

They're a pain in the anus, I suppose. I don't actually have one but too many people do.

Well then how the fook do you take a shit?      :movethatass:  :obscene:

Good point about tech has changed the scene DC.

Back in the day, mamasans looked suspiciously if ladyboys tried to give out phone numbers.  But now ladyboys whip their phones out and are showing customers their pics and are online most of their shift.

What was nice about Cat's was that your group might be the only customers in the joint which made it your own private agogo.  Rudy, the Swiss guy who owned it was a good guy. 

• 8 months later...

Either by luck or design Karl and Lita brought the best of everything together at the right time. Karl providing forum updates and music, Lita keeping check on the girls and providing a seemingly endless supply of new and cute faces for our delight.  It was the go to bar for parties at the time too.

Of course great and memorable bars existed pre-Ezy, but with well established forums, friendships and the sociability factor in place it formed some very memorable times. A clash of highs pre-smartphone era. Times I am very happy to have experienced along with many of you.

• Upvote 2

Either by luck or design Karl and Lita brought the best of everything together at the right time. Karl providing forum updates and music, Lita keeping check on the girls and providing a seemingly endless supply of new and cute faces for our delight.  It was the go to bar for parties at the time too.

Of course great and memorable bars existed pre-Ezy, but with well established forums, friendships and the sociability factor in place it formed some very memorable times. A clash of highs pre-smartphone era. Times I am very happy to have experienced along with many of you.

Yes indeedy. Right on the money.