Life During Wartime Songkran 2014

pdogg

Hmmmmm 2 days into Songkran actually 3 because it's 1.20am on the 14th and I've yet to see anyone thow any water at anybody sppose if I went out earlier it might help.But there really is no evidence of Songkran where I stay off 3rd Road near Pattaya Klang.But for the last 2 nights I have walked from my room to LK Metro at about 11 pm and only tonight saw that it had been wet in Soi Honey and Lk Metro.oh! and the LB I have seen quite a lot of from Noodys Bar was soaked and very drunk but had waited for me and still beat me at pool.

Just a side note:Perhaps this and the forum Does Songkran should have been amalgamated.

• Upvote 1

April 14

Needed to bring my laptop to tukcom and successfully negotiated with the Thais on Pattaya Tai to soak me but not my laptop as I held my backpack over my head.

Tonight I really felt like a beer so figured it would be safe to walk to Carre Blanc which is tucked away in the middle of nowhere.

An unusual place in that if u buy a girl a drink she takes her panties off and wraps it around her wrist.

It's owned by a French guy, maybe that's how it works in Paris or Montreal.

April 14

Needed to bring my laptop to tukcom and successfully negotiated with the Thais on Pattaya Tai to soak me but not my laptop as I held my backpack over my head.

Tonight I really felt like a beer so figured it would be safe to walk to Carre Blanc which is tucked away in the middle of nowhere.

An unusal place that if u buy a girl a drink she takes her panties off and wraps it around her wrist

Works for me and I would be a regular visitor if they were black or white colour panties :Drooling:  , plus I would be especially happy if I bought her two drinks and got to keep them :spiteful:

April 14

An unusual place in that if u buy a girl a drink she takes her panties off and wraps it around her wrist.

Not in Montreal i'm afraid

I was out in Bangkok the evening / night of Saturday 12th, and down soi 4 (Nana) the war had started already. Made it to the Darkside without being soaked, but apparently some people (farang) buy their water cannons and use them straight away, regardless of the time or date.

Calmly waiting for the 17th now; but obviously in Pattaya it would be later than that.

Songkran in Pattaya ended with a shooting on the 19th.

Anyone play water on Beach Road?

Songkran Festival reveler shot in North Pattaya

As the Pattaya Songkran Festival was beginning to wind-down on Saturday evening, Pattaya Police were called to the North-end of Pattaya Third Road to investigate a shooting.

The incident occurred in front of Soi 2 on Third Road and resulted in a serious gunshot injury sustained to Khun Tanawoot aged 34, a local Tattoo Artist who operates a shop inside the Big C Supercenter in North Pattaya. He was shot in his right chest area and the bullet passed straight through his body.

Khun Tanawoot was rushed to the Bangkok Hospital Pattaya where his condition remains serious. According to a friend, Khun Wacharin aged 29, the victim joined friends at the North Pattaya location and spent the entire day with them, dancing and drinking.

As the victim was dancing, it appears his foot struck the wing-mirror of a passing Green Honda Wave Motorbike. This angered the passenger on the bike who produced a gun and shot twice in the direction of Khun Tanawoot. The first shot resulted in no bullet being expelled from the weapon and the second shot hit the victim.

It was suggested the incident was entirely random and the victim was currently in no dispute with anyone which could have led to the shooting.

Police are now speaking with many witnesses and will now try to arrest the shooter who remains at-large for now.

http://www.pattayaone.net/pattaya-news/125587/songkran-festival-reveler-shot-in-north-pattaya/

Well, I survived 2 days of it, soaking wet but relatively unscathed. Kind of figured there was no point moping about and tried to get it into the spirit of it, when in Rome and all that!!!

But, although it was for a few hours, it certainly does get on ones nerves after a while. I think if it all stopped as darkness fell, it may make things more tolerable.

• Upvote 1

I am sure you right BB they had it going on 18 and 19.....when I popped in there was a bit of foam about but to much of a party at about 10 pm probably a bit early.

Not having seen much of Songkran on the 18th I landed up walking from Big C 2nd Road via Soi 6/1 down Beach Road to PBG,then Lita's.......Action Street and Noodys LK Metro obviously got wet but perhaps the German Tower of Beer at Beer Fest Restaurant had something to me enjoying the experience.

As a result my over night companion and I picked up a water pistol Saturday afternoon and wandered through the mayhem in Soi Buakhou ...2nd Road and Beach Road with a break at PBG to dry out,clean up, have a big Tiger Draft, plate of french fries and then off to Beach Road it was really good to be able fire back when attacked, although I gave up trying to take on the fire engine helping to soak everyone.

Dare I say it...... I thoroughly enjoyed Songkran loads of happy people,loads of sexy bodies on view.loads of beer and music...what's a bit of water between friends........butt being my first probably was a huge advantage.

• Upvote 3

was there until the 14th in patts got soaked daytime thank God my flight was in the evening and staying at the D-Apartments manged to get a quick escape with no bars down that soi but was the first time i had been in Patts in April have done every other month so was abit of a laugh really dont know if i could have handled the 17th 18th and 19th there but felt a bit like a kid was thinking of buying one of them big guns to go play ....... Regards Garry

• 8 months later...