Bars with No Toilets on Premises

bumblebee

We have all experienced it, you have downed a few cold ones and then the call of nature gets the better of you.  You have to go the the toilet, but then realise there is non in the bar and you have to pop elsewhere to relieve your expanding and stinging bladder, sometimes for a small sum of money.

Does this play any part in which bars to chose to go to on any given night out?

Honestly, I've never thought about it before, so I guess all the bars I've been in had a toilet.  I think its an essential part of a bar set-up; after all, fluid in = fluid out at some stage, and obviously the bar wants you to stay longer.

So, to answer the question, yes, I'd definitely consider my options, especially if the plan was for an extended session at that bar.

Cascades Toilets were closed for a few days over Xmas and we had to nip into the ST rooms next door..i have a weak bladder and would not go near a bar that does not have access to a Loo thats for certain..Cascades toilets have been disgusting for years and im surprised that an outbreak of Plague has not occurred

I couldn't even imagine hanging out at a bar with no rest room.

Me neither, though I do not mind a wee walk and paying the 5 baht to use toilet facilities that are close to the bar.

I certainly would not dream of just walking in and taking a leak in any Business or Hotel's toilets that were near the bar

The other night, BB and I were drinking at a Soi VC minimart right near where Famous used to be.

Large Leo's were 54 baht and they also provide free glasses so it's 27 baht a beer at a nice big table.

But no toilet at any price.

Hey, I'm willing to piss in a field or on the street if I won't get arrested.

Or pay 5 baht.

But not being able to take a piss at all is just torture.

You can get Large bottles of Leo for that price at the Katiseree on Soi Buakhao (between Soi's Diana and Honey), cheap as chips place to watch the Sports on TV and the Ladyboys hovering outside Beer8.gif  ..Oh! and they do have a toilet :biggrin:

And the beer is cold there which is way too rare in Thailand. Watched Spurs v Everton there Sunday before heading off to Morlam.

No toilet problems here after I figured were a few were located on the odd soi side of Sukhumvit when hitting the late night street bars.

• Upvote 1