Philip Seymour Hoffman RIP.

seven

Does anyone remember him in "Scent of a Woman"? Take a look. You'll be surprised. A boyish, young punk. A 17/18 year old rich dude. A remarkable performance even at that age. It will be interesting to see if you can pick him out.

I went through his  IMBD and was surprised to see he was in that movie. I can't remember him there.

Reports says he was found with a syringe still in his arm.

I went through his  IMBD and was surprised to see he was in that movie. I can't remember him there.

Reports says he was found with a syringe still in his arm.

That's why I urge you to take a look. He was terrific as the young little, entitled, rich fucker you want to hate. The movie was great but if for no other reason, revisit it for Hoffman's first big screen appearance/performance. You just knew he was gonna go places from there.

A close friend of mine produced Capote. Had nothing but positive things to say about the man at that time. However anyone in the business knew he was on a collision course. Too bad.

One of the saddest parts of this is how the family has been affected...hard for the addict but also so hard for the family.  A very sad loss and a very sad way to go.

There have been a number of heroin related deaths in the NY area lately (including very young people) raising concern about a very bad batch of the drug that is being widely distributed there. 

:(

The 'bad'  batch the junkies stay away from.

The 'strong' batch - the one which almost kills 'em - they want more of that!

Junkie mentality, don't even try to figure it out. Seems like Hoffman had been using off and on for years but was clean for a really long time, damn shame this is.

I doubt Mr. Hoffman wanted to destroy himself and check out. He had a successful career and a family he loved and loved him. He was a user from way back and spoke openly about seeing the light when he was in his early twenties. He quit for 23 years or so. He fell off the wagon for some reason. Many people do with drugs, alcohol, gambling, tobacco, whatever. With the exception of drugs most other addictions are legal and regulated. So back to the debate of decriminalization and regulation. Perhaps if the heroin Hoffman bought was regulated (thus clean from other substances that can kill you) he would have had his time with it, gotten over his depression, saw the light again, quit and would still be with us.  

• Upvote 1

yeah,he was a great actor indeed...i first noticed how good he was in the big lebowski,he played the personal assistant to Lebowski(the big one), Todd......I thought he was older than 46 tho'.....too young to die.

That's what I remember him most from too. The character was named Brant.