The Big LBR Non Google Trivia Quiz

bumblebee

here is an easy one, who/what do the Pastafarians worship ?

Relevant,  and super-funny.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/weird-news/pastafarians-rejoice-as-church-of-the-flying-spaghetti-monster-is-granted-permission-to-register-as-a-religion-in-poland-9248689.html

''A church that worships an invisible flying spaghetti monster can now apply to be registered as an official religion in Poland, after a 2013 court ruling was overturned on Tuesday.''

Guest sustra

alternative answer.....a song by the american folk group Bon Iver ( originally from french Bon Hiver...good winter ) they were in concert in Milan in 2012

alternative answer.....a song by the american folk group Bon Iver ( originally from french Bon Hiver...good winter ) they were in concert in Milan in 2012

Can't knock you on that one Sustra.  While you are correct regarding what you say, I had to Google your answer by the way, it's not the answer I am looking for in this case. 

Guest sustra

Can't knock you on that one Sustra.  While you are correct regarding what you say, I had to Google your answer by the way, it's not the answer I am looking for in this case. 

i understand...the only reason i know the meaning of holocene is because of my friend, that is a music critic for an italian magazine and tv, radio and keeps saying that this group is genial...he insisted i went with him to the concert and listen to this song..that is why  i know that hologene is the end of the glacial era or ice age and the beginning of the era we are living in now....just a pure coincidence...otherwise i wouldn't have known......

• Upvote 1

which sporting contest is sometimes decided by the Duckworth-Lewis method?

I know this, it comes up a few times every year but despite trying to brain storm the answer, I can't think of it. I asked someone who knew it immediately.

I hate being so limited, I have to turn it over to the next person.

That's what I was alluding to -       ".....hate being so limited, turn it over to the next.......    "

For those who know nothing about cricket, when a one day game (what is referred to as a Limited Over game of either 50 or 20 overs) is shortened by rain, the required number of runs to win is calculated by the Duckworth-Lewis method. 

Ancient Israel had a caste system (pre 135 A.D.) , what were the 3 castes ?

Bonus points, what happened in 135 A.D. ?

The castes were Cohen, Levi and Israel. Roughly corresponding to Priest, assistant to priests and the common folk.

In 135 AD the Romans put down a Jewish revolt and kicked all the Jews out of the country, renaming it Syria Palaestina 

No idea Willie.

Cricket, old sport.

That's what I was alluding to -       ".....hate being so limited, turn it over to the next.......   

For those who know nothing about cricket, when a one day game (what is referred to as a Limited Over game of either 50 or 20 overs) is shortened by rain, the required number of runs to win is calculated by the Duckworth-Lewis method. 

yes indeedy....cricket(thats about the only thing  i know about cricket)

The castes were Cohen, Levi and Israel. Roughly corresponding to Priest, assistant to priests and the common folk.

In 135 AD the Romans put down a Jewish revolt and kicked all the Jews out of the country, renaming it Syria Palaestina 

sounds like a firm of solicitors.....