US Govt killed MLK

Lefty

MLK assassinated by US government: King family civil trial 1999 decision. Why didn't you know this?

Martin Luther King’s family and his attorney, William F. Pepper, won a civil trial that found US government agencies guilty in the wrongful death of Martin Luther King. The 1999 trial, King Family versus Jowers and Other Unknown Co-Conspirators, is the only trial ever conducted on the assassination of Dr. King. The King family’s attempts for a criminal trial were denied, as suspect James Ray’s recant of what he claimed was a false confession was denied.

The overwhelming evidence of government complicity introduced and agreed as comprehensively valid by the jury includes the 111th Military Intelligence Group were sent to Dr. King’s location and that the usual police protection was pulled away just before the assassination. Military Intelligence set-up alleged photographers on a roof of a fire station with a clear view to Dr. King’s balcony. 20th Special Forces Group had an 8-man sniper team at the assassination location on that day. Memphis police ordered the scene where multiple witnesses reported as the source of shooting cut down of their bushes that would have hid a sniper team. Along with sanitizing a crime scene, police abandoned investigative procedure to interview witnesses who lived by the scene of the shooting.

The King Center, managed by his family, provide the outline and partial transcript to the trial here. Closing statements are here. A transcript of a talk given by Mr. Pepper explaining the trial and his book with detailed documentation, An Act of State, is here (2-page summary here). I also recommend David Ratcliffe’s review of the book, Jim Douglass’ coverage of the trial, reviewing Edward Rynearson's resources,and watching Mr. Pepper’s talk on the subject below. I also suggest Robert Kennedy’s assassination was also a government-supported assassination to suppress war dissent.

King’s family and Mr. Pepper allege that Dr. King’s speech calling upon America to end the Vietnam War,Beyond Vietnam: A time to break silence, and his plan for a 500,000 camp-in for Washington, D.C. in the summer of 1968 were a threat to dominant and fascist political factions within US government.

Along with arranging for the assassination, CIA and military disclosure confirm that corporate media collude with political “leadership” to disinform the American public on strategic military, policy, and economic issues. This answers the question why corporate media have not covered the civil trial and verdict for MLK’s assassination. For comparison, please consider the media circus over O.J. Simpson’s trials. 

“For a quarter of a century, Bill Pepper conducted an independent investigation of the assassination of Martin Luther King, Jr. He opened his files to our family, encouraged us to speak with the witnesses, and represented our family in the civil trial against the conspirators. The jury affirmed his findings, providing our family with a long-sought sense of closure and peace, which had been denied by official disinformation and cover-ups. Now the findings of his exhaustive investigation and additional revelations from the trial are presented in the pages of this important book. We recommend it highly to everyone who seeks the truth about Dr. King's assassination.” — 
Dr. King's wife.

Hundreds of writers have documented US corporate media collusion with US government to disinform the American public with wars and supporting policy of fascism. Corporate media’s refusal to cover this trial and report upon it is a revealing case study.

Policy responseGandhi and Martin Luther King advocated public understanding of the facts and non-cooperation with evil. I’m among hundreds who advocate:

1. Understand the laws of war. These were legislated after WW2 and are crystal-clear that only self-defense, in a narrow legal meaning, can justify war. The current US wars are not even close to being lawful. Those involved with US military, government, and law enforcement have an oath to protect and defend the US Constitution, not “always place the mission first.” To fulfill their oath they must immediately refuse and end all orders associated with unlawful wars and military-related constant violation of treaties.
  2. End the transfer of trillions of American taxpayer money to banksters and admitted as “lost” by our military. End poverty through global cooperation to achieve the UN Millennium Goals by developed countries investing 0.7% of their income. Support global security through cooperation, dignity, justice, and freedom. Create a US Department of Peace to help.
  3. Communicate. Trust your unique, beautiful, and powerful self-expression to share as you feel appropriate. Understand that while many people are ready to embrace difficult facts, many are not. Anticipate that you will be attacked and prepare your virtuous response in the spirit of competition, just as you do in other fields.
  4. Prosecute the war leaders for obvious violation of the letter and spirit of US war laws. Because the crimes are so broad and deep, I recommend Truth and Reconciliation (T&R) to exchange full truth and return of stolen US assets for non-prosecution. This is the most expeditious way to understand and end all unlawful and harmful acts. Those who reject T&R are subject to prosecution.   http://www.examiner.com/article/mlk-assassinated-by-us-government-king-family-civil-trial-1999-decision-why-didn-t-you-know-this

This is shameful. Absolutely shameful. I never knew about this 1999 trial at all. How could the media have not dealt with this? Unbelievable. 

The major media is owned by the power brokers. They treat us like mushrooms.   Some of us believe the US Govt killed JFK and RFK too, but no need to rehash that debate here. We all know which side of the battle line we each are on, and neither side is budging. 

• Upvote 1

Guys it takes 2 seconds of research to realise the topic is nonsense.

"In a 1999 civil trial that did not name the US government as a defendant and sought $100 from Jowers[vague], with both the family and Jowers cooperating together and the only presenting parties, the jury ruled that Loyd Jowers and others, including unspecified governmental agencies, were all part of the conspiracy to kill Martin Luther King Jr.[3][4]"

http://www.nytimes.com/1999/12/09/us/memphis-jury-sees-conspiracy-in-martin-luther-king-s-killing.html

It's old news this.

Remember burden of proof in a civil trial is a little lacking....  :hi:

In a civil trial one does not have to be found guilty beyond a reasonable doubt. The term I have heard is a preponderance of evidence. 

Same as with OJ. He was found guilty in the civil trial too because of a preponderance of evidence,  

The above article does not say found guilty of murder, because Civil trials do not cover murder. It says found guilty of wrongful death.  Regardless, the fuckers did it. 

• Upvote 1

I don't know about the rest of you guys but I've noticed for the past half century Pee Wee Herman has not muttered a word about any of this. Many don't know but his real name is Petrov Wee Khruschchev who immigrated to the US in 1961. If you look closely on the grassy knoll you'll see his little red Huffy.   

• Upvote 1

An 8 man sniper team? That does seem excessive, were they expecting Dr King's entourage to return fire?

I always thought the story of James Ray & his great need to kill MLK sounded unconvincing. Once he decided to recant his confession & the authorities wouldn't allow it I felt sure something was up. 

There's also a question mark over the death of RFK but I don't know what question needs to be asked. If Sirhan was doing the bidding of others why was he allowed to live? Or is he locked up that tight no one can ever get near him? I am not saying RFK is another conspiracy but it sure was a convenient assassination at the most convenient time.

I do know Marilyn Monroe was knocked off, she had enough sedative shoved up her ass to put all of LA to sleep. Was it her shrink or was it another conspiracy? Dr Ralph Greenson was obsessed with his star patient & literally took over her life but was that enough reason to kill her just because she left his care? I have no idea.

One theory I do accept is the killing of John Lennon by J. Edgar Hoover. Lennon was the leading voice against the Vietnam war & was making life very difficult for Nixon. I wouldn't put anything past that pair & there's a belief that Mark Chapman was delivered to the Dakotas & shown what entrance to wait by. As he was prone to psychotic episodes how hard would it be to convince him Lennon should be shot? Slip a handgun into his bag & the jobs as good as done. 

It's funny how these political assassinations stopped once Hoover retired. Or is that another coincidence? 
  • Upvote 1

An 8 man sniper team? That does seem excessive, were they expecting Dr King's entourage to return fire?

I always thought the story of James Ray & his great need to kill MLK sounded unconvincing. Once he decided to recant his confession & the authorities wouldn't allow it I felt sure something was up. 

There's also a question mark over the death of RFK but I don't know what question needs to be asked. If Sirhan was doing the bidding of others why was he allowed to live? Or is he locked up that tight no one can ever get near him? I am not saying RFK is another conspiracy but it sure was a convenient assassination at the most convenient time.

I do know Marilyn Monroe was knocked off, she had enough sedative shoved up her ass to put all of LA to sleep. Was it her shrink or was it another conspiracy? Dr Ralph Greenson was obsessed with his star patient & literally took over her life but was that enough reason to kill her just because she left his care? I have no idea.

One theory I do accept is the killing of John Lennon by J. Edgar Hoover. Lennon was the leading voice against the Vietnam war & was making life very difficult for Nixon. I wouldn't put anything past that pair & there's a belief that Mark Chapman was delivered to the Dakotas & shown what entrance to wait by. As he was prone to psychotic episodes how hard would it be to convince him Lennon should be shot? Slip a handgun into his bag & the jobs as good as done. 

It's funny how these political assassinations stopped once Hoover retired. Or is that another coincidence? 

Fucking hell Pacman, you cannot be serious.  John Lennin was gunned down in Dec 1980 and the Vietnam War was well over by then.  I am certain they wouldnt have used some loony to shoot him......

Fucking hell Pacman, you cannot be serious.  John Lennin was gunned down in Dec 1980 and the Vietnam War was well over by then.  I am certain they wouldnt have used some loony to shoot him......

Here's the documentary I was referencing, I haven't watched the whole thing, they play it so late at night here that I fell asleep both times I tried. Plus there are books on the subject & even a website dedicated to it. Whether I'm serious or not isn't the point, I get to have an opinion the same as everyone else but you can be sure the people making the allegations are serious.

http://youtu.be/rMIDvIpPPpA

Here's the documentary I was referencing, I haven't watched the whole thing, they play it so late at night here that I fell asleep both times I tried. Plus there are books on the subject & even a website dedicated to it. Whether I'm serious or not isn't the point, I get to have an opinion the same as everyone else but you can be sure the people making the allegations are serious.

You're gawd damn right you do, and so do I. I find it rather funny yet pathetic how any of us who do not blindly believe the govt's stories on all these things are referred to as the tin foil hat brigade or some such. I guess just trusting the govt is much easier and less stressful than, you know, actually thinking for oneself.  B)

There's a huge difference between "thinking for oneself" and believing absolutely insane conspiracy nonsense. What, you find some bullshit fucking video on Youtube and all of a sudden you are an expert and somehow smarter than anyone who doesn't believe in your garbage?

These threads recently have made the Alex Jones show look tame by comparison.

News Flash; James Earl Ray killed King, Sirhan Sirah killed RFK,  Lennon was killed by Mark Chapman and yes, JFK was killed by one lone nut, Lee Oswald. All 4 acted alone.   Want another one?  Hinckley acted alone when he shot Reagan;  what,  there was no conspiracy there because that senile ol' coot didn't buy the farm that day?  Why is his assassination attempt any different than these other 4?  Come on tinfoil brigade, who was behind the Reagan non-slaying; can't you find some inane Youtube clip or underground conspiracy theory to back up THAT one?

I wish deepthroat was reading and responding to this thread; his take on conspiracy theories, about how the regular Joe needs to have an explanation for when great men are killed, that people don't want to believe someone so average could kill someone so great, was right on the money.  I can only assume he is doubled over with laughter right about now and can't even type.  Snick and Pig Dogg and others are also surely having a head-shaking moment as well but are smart enough not to put in their 2 cents worth; I should learn to do the same and not take the bait, but once the red meat is thrown out there it's hard not to.

There's a huge difference between "thinking for oneself" and believing absolutely insane conspiracy nonsense. What, you find some bullshit fucking video on Youtube and all of a sudden you are an expert and somehow smarter than anyone who doesn't believe in your garbage?

These threads recently have made the Alex Jones show look tame by comparison.

News Flash; James Earl Ray killed King, Sirhan Sirah killed RFK,  Lennon was killed by Mark Chapman and yes, JFK was killed by one lone nut, Lee Oswald. All 4 acted alone.   Want another one?  Hinckley acted alone when he shot Reagan;  what,  there was no conspiracy there because that senile ol' coot didn't buy the farm that day?  Why is his assassination attempt any different than these other 4?  Come on tinfoil brigade, who was behind the Reagan non-slaying; can't you find some inane Youtube clip or underground conspiracy theory to back up THAT one?

I wish deepthroat was reading and responding to this thread; his take on conspiracy theories, about how the regular Joe needs to have an explanation for when great men are killed, that people don't want to believe someone so average could kill someone so great, was right on the money.  I can only assume he is doubled over with laughter right about now and can't even type.  Snick and Pig Dogg and others are also surely having a head-shaking moment as well but are smart enough not to put in their 2 cents worth; I should learn to do the same and not take the bait, but once the red meat is thrown out there it's hard not to.

Just because one person believes it's insane conspiracy nonsense does mean that is actually  the case. You believe what makes sense to you, and I do the same. 

Deepthroat can have whatever theory he likes too. Does not mean it is true, As you explain it, in my case it is absolutely not why I believe as I do. 

You said you believe the govt did kill MLK. Were you joking or is it the one conspiracy you do support?

I don't know about the rest of you guys but I've noticed for the past half century Pee Wee Herman has not muttered a word about any of this. Many don't know but his real name is Petrov Wee Khruschchev who immigrated to the US in 1961. If you look closely on the grassy knoll you'll see his little red Huffy.   

Et tu Sam?  

Someone who's views I greatly respect, has stooped to the level of those hurling the tinfoil hat insults? 

You said you believe the govt did kill MLK. Were you joking or is it the one conspiracy you do support?

Joking Lefty, your sarcasm-detector must've been off for that one.

There was no government conspiracy, James Earl Ray did it; end of story.

No word on Hinckley?  If Reagan had died would that have been the key to starting a good conspiracy?

Before this thread dies lets throw out some possibilities I just found; seriously, why are these any different than what you and Paccie have found out about King, Lennon and RFK?

http://nstarzone.com/HINCKLEY.html

http://killtown.911review.org/assassinations/reagan.html

http://www.informationliberation.com/?id=14872

http://theamericanchronicle.blogspot.com/2012/02/did-bush-assassinate-reagan.html

"Did George H.W. Bush try to assassinate Reagan"?

I think these videos need to be looked at and examined closely by one and all.....it seems that G. H.W. Bush may have had a hand in the attempted assassination of Reagan;  CIA mind control was behind it all and well, we all know he was once the head of the CIA!