US Govt killed MLK

Lefty

Reduced solar activity has nothing to with it & if a mini ice age does start, they will blame it on climate change claiming not enough was done earlier. A good reason to increase the tax in other words.

Climate change will be to blame

If a mini ice age does start it will be in North West Europe due to the fresh water melting in Russia buggering up the Gulf Stream. The world will still be getting warmer on average so the theory goes. Ships wil be sailing around the North West passage by 2050 for 6 months of the year... hence the rush to stick flags in the Arctic. Of this there is no doubt

I agree with my fine intelligent well spoken friend, Pacman  

Shocking.

Imagine the embarrassment I feel simply agreeing with Hastings' wife, a Yale-educated journalist as well as his 2 brothers, one of whom was in the Army; and all 3 of whom - along with dozens of journalist friends of Hastings'  - say this was nothing but a tragic accident.  But you glance over an article from that ridiculous website "Infowars" run by Alex Jones and agree with some Australian guy who admittedly hasn't even looked into the case that much and that's the end of it.

Pretty much tells me all I need to know about your research and reading abilities.

It does appear you are angling for a debate with anyone who has the temerity to raise their hand to suggest his death was no accident. That hand raiser? That would be me.

I am not subscribing to a conspiracy theory, I am not saying he was murdered, all I am suggesting is that deliberate interference is possible.

I love how we can read & process the same information & arrive at different answers. Either I am way too cynical or you are way too trusting. I suspect the answer lies somewhere between.

Angling for debate? Of course, isn't that what this whole thread is here for?

First off, the ''above synopsis'' you alluded to was taken from a website called "Infowars";  this is a joke of a website run by the paranoid and completely whacky Alex Jones who literally NO ONE in America takes seriously.  You may remember him going off on Piers Morgan the one time he got an interview on a mainstream news station, or for being a leading voice behind the "9/11 Truthers" movement. THAT'S the guy behind Infowars, a certified lunatic; please take anything presented on that website with a huge grain of salt.

Frankly I was just a little surprised that the 2 guys who are more conspiracy-minded than anyone on this thread hadn't even looked into the Michael Hastings death before I mentioned it last week;  then you do some cursory reading and peruse the above synopsis and seems as though Lefty has done the same but of course I can't speak for him or you.... maybe you have researched the case to death and know a lot more about the case than I, his wife, his journalist friends, or his 2 brothers do. It just seems odd to me that there was and still is plenty of interest in some mystery 4th and 5th shots heard in Dealey plaza from a case committed -and solved - 50 years ago, but none in a case like this, which happened just last June.

As to your last point; I have said it before, some people just automatically go looking for conspiracy and some people don't. I put myself in the latter camp of course,  but as usual I will hold aside judgement on any issue until I have heard from all sources on any subject, THEN make up my mind.

Pacman, if you still don't want to read the 7-page article in New York magazine that's fine, but here are 3 one-page articles similar to the ''synposis'' from Infowars above and which take less than 5 minutes each to glance over;  all from very  far-left publications. Again, same as I have been saying and to which these publications seemingly agree; some people just need to see conspiracy in every case they are presented with, some people don't.

Salon;  http://www.salon.com/2013/06/20/hastings_death_what_we_do_and_dont_know/

Raw Story;  http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2013/11/06/brother-dismisses-conspiracy-theories-of-michael-hastings-truthers/

HuffPo; HuffPo!!  http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/08/06/elise-jordan-michael-hastings-death-gut-tragic-accident_n_3712426.html

As Salon said  about an excellent reporter and writer like Hastings;  ''There is some sad irony, then, that the journalist’s tragic death has been followed by a storm of wild speculation — conspiracy theories about car bombs and government assassinations abound through cyberspace. It is the sort of knee-jerk speculation — concerns expounded based on threadbare evidence and assumptions — that sits quite at odds with Hastings’ legacy of thorough reporting and serious probing.''

If a mini ice age does start it will be in North West Europe due to the fresh water melting in Russia buggering up the Gulf Stream. The world will still be getting warmer on average so the theory goes. Ships wil be sailing around the North West passage by 2050 for 6 months of the year... hence the rush to stick flags in the Arctic. Of this there is no doubt

Climate change.....now THERE is one ''conspiracy" I believe in!

97% of the world's climatologists and scientists have all gotten together and conspired to pull off a scam, in which they soak the wealthy multi-national mega-companies like Exxon and BP and try and get all nations in the world to sign treaties so they can get their measly 50K grants to do more research and put forth {gasp!} alternative energy ideas like Solar and Wind power and electric cars, etc....in order to bring those wealthy corporations to their knees!

Of course they are all working together, sharing notes on how to screw over the hard-working American worker, how to go about introducing electric cars which produce less emissions, those damn commies!  Rush told me it's all just a conspiracy; of course I believe him.  Baaaaahh.

This has been a very interesting read...I have not read the Michael Hastings report,having never heard of him before now,so unwilling and unable to comment. Getting back to the JFK assasination,neither of the opposing camps are gonna change their minds,because their minds have already been made up by probably countless years arguing these exact positions.

I wont labour the point,so we will have to agree to disagree on that one.

9/11...now thats a completely different matter.I was discussing today with a 9/11 truther the veracity of that conspiracy theory ......in my case ,it is (almost) impossible for me to believe that the US government would actually pre-dynamite the twin towers and explode them on cue....for me,it is just too awful to comprehend....YET,there are so many unanswered questions re 9/11......questions that have never been answered thereby causing the "truthers" lobby to grow and grow.........One question i would love answering.....Building 7 ,next to the twin towers.....never hit by any plane......it looks ,unmistakeably like a flawless controlled demolition,to anyone who has seen the footage of its collapse....it doesnt look like it  could it have been anything else.....and of course there was the famous quote recorded of the owner of bulding 7 (i forget his name) saying "we'll have to pull it".....what on earth could he mean unless it was already  primed and ready to" pull"?.....ever heard an explanation of building 7's collapse (that you believed?)

anyone? 

• Upvote 1

Willie, I watched several documentaries about 9/11 & Building 7's demise did trouble me. It may have been on this forum some time back where I did get a "reasonable" explanation & haven't been bothered by it since. Something to do with broken gas lines from the World Trade buildings causing a giant explosion.

If you think about it from the POV of someone planning to bring down the towers (it sounds silly just writing it), they would want to do less to draw attention to their scheme, not more by rigging an unrelated building with explosives so that collapses too. The fact that it happened is something no one could have foreseen. If there was a plot, an extra building collapsing was totally unnecessary to their plans.

I have thought about it from every angle & I can't see any reason why Building 7 would have been sacrificed for no extra gain. I think the "truthers" are exactly the people who give conspiracy theorists a bad name. And for the record I have never seriously doubted the official story about 9/11. My interest was piqued when some strange stories were discussed but on review, I quickly dismissed them.

I get annoyed that every time someone raises a suspicion about something they are labelled a "conspiracy theorist" which everyone knows is code for a special kind of idiot. I would have thought that people with a questioning mind were a good thing, apparently not.

As to your last point; I have said it before, some people just automatically go looking for conspiracy and some people don't. I put myself in the latter camp of course,  but as usual I will hold aside judgement on any issue until I have heard from all sources on any subject, THEN make up my mind.

Reading this I realise we have more in common than we have differences. I never look for a conspiracy "automatically", I don't actively seek them at all. I harbour suspicions about all sorts of things because of the problem we both have with hearing from EVERY source. I'm sure you didn't mean "every source" literally, but until all the possibilities are eliminated, sometimes it's hard to rule out the "unlikely".

And it is this area of unlikely events that divides us. I can take on board official explanations at face value. They are nearly always true & it simplifies one's life to just accept them. But when the party delivering the explanation has a vested interest in the outcome & they offer a story full of holes, that's when I react & start to question what I am meant to believe. And some people will spit their dummy when doubts are raised.

I particularly find it with Americans, they get very defensive & want to change my mind by any means. Some of them have gone right off the deep end over my opinions, there's several forums I will never return to because of certain posters who can't wait to take me to task. It's not that I can't defend myself, it is just so time consuming fighting with morons. I don't know Alex Jones, I've never heard of him but he is just asking for criticism if he is waving the flag for the 9/11 conspiracy crowd. I've never met any of that crowd & I never want to. What an exhausting bunch they would be.

It is the sort of knee-jerk speculation — concerns expounded based on threadbare evidence and assumptions — that sits quite at odds with Hastings’ legacy of thorough reporting and serious probing.'' 

That describes my response - knee-jerk speculation. I only had that post to refer to & now I find out it was propaganda written by conspiracy theorists. I will read the 7 pages in that link later & comment then. The conclusion I drew was based on what I knew. I know I shouldn't have come out with an opinion before acquainting myself with the facts but I was "encouraged" to & gave JD fodder for his strong reply.

You got me there JD, I had no idea of what the brothers, the mother & the others thought. If I did I would have written something different but you were pushing for a reaction. I hope I didn't disappoint you when I wrote:

" I am not in possession of all the facts, I haven't read the 7 page article you referred to earlier but the above synopsis plus knowing just who he was upsetting all point to the possibility of foul play.

I am not subscribing to a conspiracy theory, I am not saying he was murdered, all I am suggesting is that deliberate interference is possible."

It may not be correct but I don't think I was being unfair either.

This has been a very interesting read...I have not read the Michael Hastings report,having never heard of him before now,so unwilling and unable to comment. Getting back to the JFK assasination,neither of the opposing camps are gonna change their minds,because their minds have already been made up by probably countless years arguing these exact positions.

I wont labour the point,so we will have to agree to disagree on that one.

9/11...now thats a completely different matter.I was discussing today with a 9/11 truther the veracity of that conspiracy theory ......in my case ,it is (almost) impossible for me to believe that the US government would actually pre-dynamite the twin towers and explode them on cue....for me,it is just too awful to comprehend....YET,there are so many unanswered questions re 9/11......questions that have never been answered thereby causing the "truthers" lobby to grow and grow.........One question i would love answering.....Building 7 ,next to the twin towers.....never hit by any plane......it looks ,unmistakeably like a flawless controlled demolition,to anyone who has seen the footage of its collapse....it doesnt look like it could it have been anything else.....and of course there was the famous quote recorded of the owner of bulding 7 (i forget his name) saying "we'll have to pull it".....what on earth could he mean unless it was already primed and ready to" pull"?.....ever heard an explanation of building 7's collapse (that you believed?)

anyone?

Yes i have seen the engineering explanation behind building 7 and have no issues with the official line.

Doesn't take much reading to answer these absurd topics.

The only constant i know with the climate is that its changing.

One topic we covered at uni days was "predicting the predictability of weather" .... That name says it all iimho.

it seems like you never have issues with the official line.....say it aint so azza

Just depends how one defines anything. As we all talk as if nth hand information is absolute, one must question our own biases wouldn't you think?

As for wt7, if anyone honestly believes that was a planned detonation then present me with the people that actually planted the charges? Bring me the ctv footage of all the ordinance going into the building, bring me something other than speculation!! The is no credible 1st hand evidence folks. Just pages of rubbish.

The people who think 9/11 is an inside job are lost.

Any Willy, you are still wrong on Cambo ;)

Shocking.

Imagine the embarrassment I feel simply agreeing with Hastings' wife, a Yale-educated journalist as well as his 2 brothers, one of whom was in the Army; and all 3 of whom - along with dozens of journalist friends of Hastings'  - say this was nothing but a tragic accident.  But you glance over an article from that ridiculous website "Infowars" run by Alex Jones and agree with some Australian guy who admittedly hasn't even looked into the case that much and that's the end of it.

Pretty much tells me all I need to know about your research and reading abilities.

All I need to know about your opinions is that you seem to meekly accept the official govt or media accounts on all these different events we've discussed. What does Pacman's being Australian have to do with anything? What does Hastings' brother having been in the Army have to do with anything?  

312125_1839533207720_335397569_n.jpg

• Upvote 1