CCR!!! The best ever God dammit!!!

Lefty

Me and my lady are rocking out to the sounds of CCR tonight and the GREAT John Fogerty and I don't care what any of you limber dick cocksuckers say, CCR was the greatest band ever and John Fogerty was the best rock singer and guitarist ever!!!

IF I EVER GO TO A PLACE CALLED HEAVEN AND GOD AIN'T JOHN FOGERTY, I AM GONNA BE ONE PISSED OFF COCKSUCKER!!!!!

Im a big fan of CCR too Lefty with "Born on the Bayou" being in the Top 10 of my all time favourite tracks :clapping:

Doug Clifford "ROCKS" too :bow:

bloody hell-that was my favourite song of theirs also...I liked their early stuff best,and of course "proud mary " will live forever.....their later poppy stuff I never liked as much ,JF has a real distinctive voice doesn't he.....

hey lefty....in which film did the main character lose his CCR tapes?...too easy for you i think

Fabulous band... So many brilliant tracks, but I think 'Walk on the water' was my favorite... I loved that whole 'white' American R&B scene... Yeah, with you all the way on this choice Khun Lefty, Dan Fogarty & CCR rocks!.. We've got to get back on those music threads man!

Hope your lil' lady digs em.'

Listen to the way this track is handled... Very reminicent of the Animals.

Bad Moon Rising, Fortunate Son, Travellin Band, Proud Mary, Green River... o god it just goes on and on and on. I loved that band.

I had them on vinyl - you know, those round plastic black things that made sound when you spun them around, back in the Pleistocene - yes I am an aged gent - and one record had a version of Born on the Bayou that went for something like 17 minutes. My goodness that was Superb.

But don't be too quick to dismiss the later Fogerty work lads. I thought Centrefield was good as anything he'd ever done, a cluster of wonderful and - as always - politically acute songs. Mr Greed, Rock n Roll Girls, I Caint Helpa Myself... He was nearly 50 years old when he wrote and performed all that.

Being neither American nor a baseballophile didn't stop me thinking the title track was bloody marvellous, singing along with it late at night at the top of my (squeaky) voice when drunk.

Roundun third and headun for home

He's a brown eyed handsome man...

Put me in coach

I'm ready to play today

Put me in coach

I'm ready to play today

Look at me, I can be

Centrefield

Silly DT, when you find great quality you don't shuck it aside.

If you find a friend that's true, trade not the old one for the new. :)

My favorite CCR song, is Looking Out My Back Door.

Check this video. I think the boys got hold of some good bud before doing this. Especially Doug Clifford.

bloody hell-that was my favourite song of theirs also...I liked their early stuff best,and of course "proud mary " will live forever.....their later poppy stuff I never liked as much ,JF has a real distinctive voice doesn't he.....

hey lefty....in which film did the main character lose his CCR tapes?...too easy for you i think

The same film where the main character got kicked out of a cab for telling the driver he hated The Eagles :)

Bad Moon Rising, Fortunate Son, Travellin Band, Proud Mary, Green River... o god it just goes on and on and on. I loved that band.

I had them on vinyl - you know, those round plastic black things that made sound when you spun them around, back in the Pleistocene - yes I am an aged gent - and one record had a version of Born on the Bayou that went for something like 17 minutes. My goodness that was Superb.

But don't be too quick to dismiss the later Fogerty work lads. I thought Centrefield was good as anything he'd ever done, a cluster of wonderful and - as always - politically acute songs. Mr Greed, Rock n Roll Girls, I Caint Helpa Myself... He was nearly 50 years old when he wrote and performed all that.

Being neither American nor a baseballophile didn't stop me thinking the title track was bloody marvellous, singing along with it late at night at the top of my (squeaky) voice when drunk.

Roundun third and headun for home

He's a brown eyed handsome man...

Put me in coach

I'm ready to play today

Put me in coach

I'm ready to play today

Look at me, I can be

Centrefield

John will turn 66 this month and still looks fit and trim, still got the voice. Too bad Stu and Doug still ain't with him as part of his current band.

BTW, Stu and Doug were born a day apart, about one month before John, both having just turned 66. It's kind of funny that people call their sound Southern Rock, considering they're all from the SF Bay Area.

I really love many of John's post CCR efforts, with Centerfield being at the top.

Cool video showing the golden age of baseball

The Yankee Clipper, The Splendid Splinter, Stan the Man, The Duke, The Mick, Say Hey Willie, doesn't get any better than that era. Would love to be able to go back in time and experience seeing those games live.

Fabulous band... So many brilliant tracks, but I think 'Walk on the water' was my favorite... I loved that whole 'white' American R&B scene... Yeah, with you all the way on this choice Khun Lefty, Dan Fogarty & CCR rocks!.. We've got to get back on those music threads man!

Hope your lil' lady digs em.'

Listen to the way this track is handled... Very reminicent of the Animals.

Walk on Water is really a great display of their true hard rock abilities IMO.

Guitar riffs outstanding. Doug displays his skill as drummer better here than on about any of their songs.

PS: little slip there Khun Lung, John Fogerty not Dan Fogarty. 55555 I think you were testing me there. ;)

The title to the this thread is trying too hard to gain a rise out of anyone who disagrees with the OP. Well it worked, after trying to ignore this, I feel obliged to respond.

Fogarty was good, he was very good in fact, in his day. And that was a long time ago. He is another rock music legend whose flame burnt brilliantly for a few years then he decided he was too big for his band, deserted them & faded away.

A delusional man who thought he was bigger than Hendrix but discovered he was another Jimmy Buffett or even a Don McLean with a rock edge.

He should have kept the band together, they did nothing again, Fogarty disappeared, it was such a waste. He may have recorded a few more albums but internationally, he was yesterday's man.

As for him being God, good grief, he isn't even one of the Apostles IMO.

I accept that it is none of my business what anyone wants to listen or who they should like but to start a thread like this, I assume they want other opinions. Well now you have mine.

The title to the this thread is trying too hard to gain a rise out of anyone who disagrees with the OP. Well it worked, after trying to ignore this, I feel obliged to respond.

Fogarty was good, he was very good in fact, in his day. And that was a long time ago. He is another rock music legend whose flame burnt brilliantly for a few years then he decided he was too big for his band, deserted them & faded away.

A delusional man who thought he was bigger than Hendrix but discovered he was another Jimmy Buffett or even a Don McLean with a rock edge.

He should have kept the band together, they did nothing again, Fogarty disappeared, it was such a waste. He may have recorded a few more albums but internationally, he was yesterday's man.

As for him being God, good grief, he isn't even one of the Apostles IMO.

I accept that it is none of my business what anyone wants to listen or who they should like but to start a thread like this, I assume they want other opinions. Well now you have mine.

BLASPHEMER!!!!!!!! :growl: :growl:

Sorry Paccers, but this comment shows your ignorance when it comes to John Fogerty. He is still touring all over the world, playing before big crowds. Here he is last Oct in Antwerp. Still got a strong voice at 65.

I know he does, he has toured Oz a number of times. But the crowds all want his old stuff. He can't escape his CCR roots.

And why would his fans let him. They were classic songs & everyone loved them. But John has never gained the individual status he enjoyed as the leader of CCR.

I am not really as ignorant about Mr Fogerty as you suggest, I just love winding you up. And you sure didn't let me down.

BLASPHEMER!!! Blimey, I snorted my green tea out my nostrils at that one... :lol: