Pattaya vs Bangkok pt. 2

Waltz

Hi guys - I know this has been discussed before, but wanted to get your opinions again. I'm planning on a trip either to Pattaya or to Bangkok, and I can't decide. Everyone is saying price wise Pattaya is a better deal, but it seems both places are almost the same price. In terms of quality, it looks like bangkok wins, thoughts?

Everyone is saying price wise Pattaya is a better deal, but it seems both places are almost the same price. In terms of quality, it looks like bangkok wins, thoughts?

I like both places but always spend more money in Bangkok. So have to disagree with your same price evaluation. I don't go for upscale hotels and can always find nice cheaper lodging close to the action in Pattaya. I spend more for food, drink, and dates in BKK especially if I spend a lot of time in NEP/Cowboy/Patpong. I go to BBK for a few days then spend the bulk of my trip in Pattaya.   

• Upvote 1

, but it seems both places are almost the same price. In terms of quality, it looks like bangkok wins, thoughts?

You wouldnt say that if you visited both places Waltz

Regarding Accomodation, Barfines, Girls Fees, then Pattaya is half the price

There are plenty of quality ladys to be found in Pattaya too plus a lot more choice of bars to find them.

I do like Bangkok but only for a maximum two night visit these days, from a personal point of view I can get double the dosage in Pattaya than I can get in Bangkok moneywise 

Thanks all for the feedback, all of you are always very helpful. So I only have 4 nights In LOS but can only stay at either Pattaya or Bangkok. I've been two Pattaya twice already and haven't tried Bangkok yet, but I feel Bangkok for 4 nights might be a little too much, or should I just go for it?

Much would depend on what you like.    BKK is a huge city with a LB nightlife zone that is very compact.      If you like city style then go for it.    If you prefer resorts stick to Pattaya.  If you like cosy atmospheres and bar beers - then Pattaya wins.  larger venues with more choice, BKK wins.      

The key difference in terms of ladyboys are the venues.  BKK has fewer, larger venues.  Pattaya has more, smaller venues.   You have over 100 staff in Cascades alone.  That is typically the same amount of top drawer eye candy that you would see in 10 bars in Pattaya.     If your in a rush, then maybe the supermarket is your preference over lots of little boutique shops.   

BKK need not be anymore expensive than Pattaya - I should know, I live in Pattaya and have also lived in BKK.   I split my time now 70/30 in favour of Pattaya as that is where my home is.    However, the focus of this forum is more on Pattaya and often long stay residents.    Opinions will likely follow accordingly as they build up knowledge of making the money go further (and aren't we all in these economies).  

It is easy to overspent in both places and to book some over priced hotels and eat in over priced restaurants.   Your money, your choice and plan accordingly.   There is a wealth of info on the forum and its worth going through many of the topics especially BKK related as you already know Pattaya.     Once you have the info only you can decide.    However, my gut feeling is for top drawer talent, there is nowhere better than BKK - however some remark that its not as "girlfriendy" as Pattaya.    (which basically translates as some are robots and very business like in their attitude).

Surely you know how much you have to spend.   You can then budget accordingly.    I mean you can stay in the Mandarin oriental and eat on lobster 24/7 if you have enough money.    You my think $200 night for a hotel is 'reasonable' its entirely your choice.  

Perhaps think of how much you spend when you go to Pattaya and share it.   Then try and work out, how to do BKK on a similar budget.

For a trip that short I think BKK is fine. Four nights spread between Nana, Darkside and the street bars should work well. Since you have never been you will probably go at some point anyway. I didn't make it to BKK until my fourh trip. I like BKK but not for too long. Assuming you know there is a lot more pressure from the girls in most Nana bars and can deal with it you will be fine. Lots of guys like to hang out a Darkside these days I guess.  

• 2 weeks later...

I agree that staying in BKK for 4 days is just fine.  Pattaya and BKK are two very, very different places.  Where Pattaya wins is in lower prices all around (by about 30% or so, I'd say) and the sheer volume of bars and LBs with at least half a dozen distinct areas to explore, so it is better for a longer stay of at least a couple of weeks.  Other than that, Pattaya is basically a shithole, whereas BKK is a happening, emerging major world city with a lot of interesting things to do during the day.  There's really nothing to do in Pattaya during the day except have a mutual suck-fest with your LT LB for the umpteenth time, which is not a shabby way to spend the day, mind you, but still...  For example, there are many museums and tours and such to do in BKK, and they are interesting.  Places like Jim Thompson house, Wat Arun, the Royal Palace, the Royal Barge Museum, etc. etc.  If you are there on a weekend, then try Chatuchak market.  After at least a dozen times there I still find it a fun way to spend a few hours.  I love LBs, but I also really enjoy just being in Thailand and learning a bit more about it each time I'm there.  BKK offers that opportunity.

It's my work travel 3 or 4 times a year that takes me through Thailand, and sometimes I can only spend a few days there.  At those times I just stay in BKK, even though I really do like the beer bar (bar beer!) scene in Pattaya.  Stay in the Nana area.  There are many very reasonably priced hotels there that are perfectly fine for whoring purposes.  I partake in the freelancer scene almost exclusively now when I stay in the Nana area.  There are great places in Nana Plaza, but I grew tired of the LB go-go bar scene over the years, and just like the sheer tawdriness of leisurely strolling for a streetwalker on Soi 4.  Plus, the freelancer scene is growing in the greater Nana area.  If that is not to your taste, then by all means go to the bars in Nana Plaza.

• Upvote 3

I have visited Pattaya and Bankok many times over a six year period.  I agree with the 30/70 % approach for Pat/Bkk.  If your a night owl, waiting outside of Nana Plaza after 2 am should give you a shmorgasboard of choices. Across the street on Sukumvit are many free lancers. The Grace Hotel lobby is a great place to see who comes downstairs after their bar fine and its easy to get numbers.

Now soi cowboy has ladyboy venues.

Pattaya is the place for an more easygoing approach. If you like aggressive amazons, as I do, walk down soi 6/1 after dark. Im always amazed at the leg show there.  Try the smaller venues on Soi Bucau such as Pook Bar. And of course, there is surprisingly excellent talent on Beach Road after dark.  Just bring a flashlight to be sure of what your getting !  Short time rooms are conveniently available on soi 13/1.

• Upvote 1

Ahh, yes, soi 6/1.  Funny story.  I had visited Thailand for several years (BKK and Phuket) before going to Pattaya.  During my first trips there I would partake of the, at times quite literally, in your face joys of soi 6.  After a ST at some bar I don't remember, I didn't feel like walking the gauntlet of soi 6 to beach road to have late night beer and gaze blankly out at the water trying to make sense of the debaucery that just happened, so I naively cut over to what I now know to be...pause...gasp, soi 6/1!  A very attractive LB who  could easily be a power forward on any women's college basketball team stepped right in front of me, forcefully grabbed my 19th century French author (Balzac), and breathily cooed in my ear in a decidedly masculine semi-whisper, "I want fuck you.  I want you fuck me."  Hmmm, what to do?  One doesn't want to be impolite.  I said how flattered I was, but that I had just cum, only 30 minutes ago.  Just up the road.  With a colleague of hers in the trade.  Not missing a beat, she leaned in even further, hand still in a strangle hold on my goods, and said, "I make you cum again."  Since the way she said it was more of an order than a promise, what choice did I have but to obey?  But, knowing that I needed to scrub at least some speed off this impending shunt, I asked if we could have drinks to take to the room?  She said, "Yes, I get."  So we went to the room.  There I worked the patented Soiboy charm on this 180 cm beauty (she really was striking...I just didn't want her to strike me!).  We had our beers, and I asked her questions about where she was from, etc.  Usually LBs like to talk.  As we talked we both stripped down to nothing and laid in bed.  Since our beers were almost finished, I asked if we could have more.  "Sure" she said, and proceeded to rather forcefully bellow through the closed door to a maid or somebody.  In a couple of minutes we had fresh beers and continued talking.  Eventually I did cum again, as did my new flame.  A good time was had by all.  It just goes to show, that behind the facade of a soi 6/1 glamazon there beats the heart of a simple village boy/girl who just wants love and tender affection...or the heart of a psychopath who will bite your nuts off...

• Upvote 2

Yes, when the sun goes down Soi 6/1 can be an interesting stroll or a frightening sprint. Many an innocent soul entered one end only to come out the other changed forever. Then there are the ones who never made it out. I think Mr. Cox is still missing in there some where. 

• Upvote 1

. And of course, there is surprisingly excellent talent on Beach Road after dark.  Just bring a flashlight to be sure of what your getting !  Short time rooms are conveniently available on soi 13/1.

You are not wrong there Malibu, there are some tasty treats to be had along the old Coconut bar at most times of the day. Anyone know if Suzie/Am is still opposite Mikes Mall?