New Book about Amy Amore

JoeTex

@JoeTex

I tray to make a order of your book but i get the following message from Amazone ???

Stealth , this title is not available for you.

Due to copyright restrictions, the Kindle title you're trying to purchase is not available in your country: Netherlands.

OK Joe, in all seriousness and a question which is probably not covered in your book;

Why on earth would Amy turn down so many potential customers?  I've never tried myself, but stories abound on message boards like this one about her surly attitude and constant waving-off of guys who attempt to reel her in.

Sure, some of them may be obese or too old or just downright ugly, but that never stopped the other superstars; in their prime and while working at Cascade in Bangkok I have seen Areeya and Noon and now Cindy go out and come back 3 or 4 times in a night and certainly not all of their customers were Prince Charming. A customer is a customer, even if they are 40 years past their prime and have a size 52 waist and hair on their shoulders and back.

In fact sometimes those kind of guys pay even MORE.

I'm sure she has her reasons, but it seems to me the over-riding one is to boost her ego even more. Sitting on that stool with the phony smile and snapping off pics with Russian families for 100B each [and oftentimes nothing at all] may be good to reinforce the feeling of being a "superstar", but it doesn't put groceries on the table. Methinks she is probably turning away as much money as she is making.

First off, I apologize Joe for the tug. We can be a naughty bunch when it comes to some new fellows but rest assured once the fun of initiation is over we settle down to an honest, constructive, supportive and insightful forum banter. ( at least I hope  :biggrin: )

I have said this before on various forums. Amy/Emmy was the one responsible for pulling me over the line. I saw numerous pix of her on the internet and was completely taken. As a result I was ready to make my first trip to Thailand and leap into the abyss of ladyboys. Which I did with total conviction and determination, full front and centre. I was finally ready and it was the FULL meal deal. I have fond, wonderful memories of that first trip and of discovering there can be a heaven on earth. 

After that first trip I made another 6 within the next 12 months. I was totally and completely intoxicated. It was my crack. I could not get enough of it. Without a doubt it was one of the most opening and revealing moments of my life. For that I will be forever grateful. The only thing that trumps that great feeling is I am thankful I never discovered it before. It would have been my ruin for sure.

Never saw, let alone met the famous Amy, yet through my numerous trips and experiences with ladyboys throughout LOS and PI I never forgot the catalyst, Amy. However I did have a few occasions of seeing her, bumping into her in Pattaya and all of them were lacklustre, disappointing, balloon bursting, rude, dismissive and simply, a complete let down. Boo Hoo to the Amy image/fantasy versus the reality of things.

Too bad, It could have been a great experience for her. I would have been happy paying consider baht just to be in her company  for a short while and have a sincere/insincere conversation but her attitude was always unwelcoming. She does not know her time-limited worth nor does she know how to market herself to the full extent of her popularity, albeit it limited. I would have paid a lot of bath to spend a few hours with her but I knew if I had approached her she would not have given me the time of day. So...

All the best Joe.

• Upvote 1

@JoeTex

I tray to make a order of your book but i get the following message from Amazone ???

Stealth , this title is not available for you.

Due to copyright restrictions, the Kindle title you're trying to purchase is not available in your country: Netherlands.

Oh, not sure what was happening there. Email me at joetex@ladyboy-thailand.com and I'll send you a free copy. I'll try and see what the problem is in the meantime. 

Cheers

Tex

OK Joe, in all seriousness and a question which is probably not covered in your book;

Why on earth would Amy turn down so many potential customers?  I've never tried myself, but stories abound on message boards like this one about her surly attitude and constant waving-off of guys who attempt to reel her in.

Sure, some of them may be obese or too old or just downright ugly, but that never stopped the other superstars; in their prime and while working at Cascade in Bangkok I have seen Areeya and Noon and now Cindy go out and come back 3 or 4 times in a night and certainly not all of their customers were Prince Charming. A customer is a customer, even if they are 40 years past their prime and have a size 52 waist and hair on their shoulders and back.

I'm sure she has her reasons, but it seems to me the over-riding one is to boost her ego even more. Sitting on that stool with the phony smile and snapping off pics with Russian families for 100B each [and oftentimes nothing at all] may be good to reinforce the feeling of being a "superstar", but it doesn't put groceries on the table. Methinks she is probably turning away as much money as she is making.

Hi Jaidee, 

Good question of course. I didn't ask her this question directly but perhaps I should have. There's always stuff you wish you'd done when it's too late !

Whilst she was talking though she did acknowledge that she has a bad attitude when it comes to punters. She is aware of this herself and maintains that she is working on improving it ! Maybe she's a little better now ? The impression I got though was that because she can cherry pick her customers, she rejects those she doesn't like the look of. She said she didn't like my face when she first saw me and I think that if I'd been a punter, I would have got the cold shoulder myself !

She is also by her own admission very moody.

The second night of meeting her she was in a very good mood and I think that's why I got quite a lot out of her that evening. I do think that she has become a victim of her own 'fame' somewhat but she is aware of this. You are right, it is ultimately a self defeating pattern of behaviour, especially when your time in that area of work is finite. 

Amy has many contradictions in her character, I saw this during my time with her. The section on hormones is one of them. She is also fairly guarded although she did give me I believe a lot of truth. 

It's often hard to say exactly what people's motivations are even after you've spent a lot of time with them but I think she does suffer from a kind of celebrity syndrome created in part by Internet forums such as this. Put all these ingredients together with the fact that she is simply a fiery character and you have Amy ! 

Areeya is a totally different character. She is very modest and down to earth. And polite ! 

• Upvote 1

First off, I apologize Joe for the tug. We can be a naughty bunch when it comes to some new fellows but rest assured once the fun of initiation is over we settle down to an honest, constructive, supportive and insightful forum banter. ( at least I hope  :biggrin: )

I have said this before on various forums. Amy/Emmy was the one responsible for pulling me over the line. I saw numerous pix of her on the internet and was completely taken. As a result I was ready to make my first trip to Thailand and leap into the abyss of ladyboys. Which I did with total conviction and determination, full front and centre. I was finally ready and it was the FULL meal deal. I have fond, wonderful memories of that first trip and of discovering there can be a heaven on earth. 

After that first trip I made another 6 within the next 12 months. I was totally and completely intoxicated. It was my crack. I could not get enough of it. Without a doubt it was one of the most opening and revealing moments of my life. For that I will be forever grateful. The only thing that trumps that great feeling is I am thankful I never discovered it before. It would have been my ruin for sure.

Never saw, let alone met the famous Amy, yet through my numerous trips and experiences with ladyboys throughout LOS and PI I never forgot the catalyst, Amy. However I did have a few occasions of seeing her, bumping into her in Pattaya and all of them were lacklustre, disappointing, balloon bursting, rude, dismissive and simply, a complete let down. Boo Hoo to the Amy image/fantasy versus the reality of things.

Too bad, It could have been a great experience for her. I would have been happy paying consider baht just to be in her company  for a short while and have a sincere/insincere conversation but her attitude was always unwelcoming. She does not know her time-limited worth nor does she know how to market herself to the full extent of her popularity, albeit it limited. I would have paid a lot of bath to spend a few hours with her but I knew if I had approached her she would not have given me the time of day. So...

All the best Joe.

No need to apologise Sam, I consider myself to have been stripped, doused with chilli powder into the nuts and ceremoniously thrown naked into the snow. I got through it though  :vava:

It's interesting how you say it was Amy who dragged you into the 'ladyboy appreciation society', so to speak. I can't remember what took me over the bridge but when I caught the bug, I was hooked as well. These days I'm a little older and would  sometimes rather have a good curry  :party0021:  than jump into bed with one of these darlings - wait, what did I just say ?!  But I still find myself fascinated by them. 

Whatever Amy is, or is not, doesn't really matter, if you get my meaning. She could have lied to me but it wouldn't be the point. My judgement about her history, her observed behaviour, however accurate, wasn't the remit of the book. I just wanted people to be able to read what she had to say if they were interested enough to do so. They can decide for themselves whether it's true or not. I was just a facilitator with an opinion who threw a bit of analysis into the mix. 

I like the way you describe your 'intoxication' for ladyboys. It is a phenomenon in itself - the way a guy feels about this. It's different to the way he's ever felt about women. There's a real psychological storm going on inside your head mixed with intense emotions that seem to surpass anything you ever felt about a biological woman. Fascinating subject. 

Cheers Sam

These days I'm a little older and would  sometimes rather have a good curry  :party0021:  than jump into bed with one of these darlings - wait, what did I just say ?!  

You did say that & I can relate. A ladyboy can disappoint, a good curry never does. (Emphasis on 'good')

She could have lied to me but it wouldn't be the point. My judgement about her history, her observed behaviour, however accurate, wasn't the remit of the book. I just wanted people to be able to read what she had to say if they were interested enough to do so. They can decide for themselves whether it's true or not. I was just a facilitator with an opinion who threw a bit of analysis into the mix. 

I suggest she couldn't help but lie to you but it's re-assuring you recognise that. Amy has a huge ego fueled by her 'stardom' & she would find it hard to confess to her failings. Did you notice her alcohol intake while you interviewed her? I have sat in the Lucky Star Bar (it's the bar next to her stool) on different nights when the waitress has told me she has drunk multiple bottles of wine. Three or four bottles each time. One night I was behind her & she was signing for her sixth bottle but she was sharing it with a friend. I couldn't cope with that but it might help explain her attitude to innocent punters wanting to talk to her.

I like the way you describe your 'intoxication' for ladyboys. It is a phenomenon in itself - the way a guy feels about this. It's different to the way he's ever felt about women. There's a real psychological storm going on inside your head mixed with intense emotions that seem to surpass anything you ever felt about a biological woman. Fascinating subject. 

A psychological storm going on inside your head...   nicely put. Reminds me of the line "how can this be so wrong when it feels so right".

I have a theory that to compensate for their sex (their birth gender) they push the femininity boundary further than any female would be comfortable doing. Combine that with a male's sex drive (in some cases, not all) they make for an explosive bed partner. For those who haven't tasted the forbidden fruit it is impossible to describe & each of us gets to experience it differently. We bring our own baggage to the encounter but when it clicks...    OMG!! there's nothing like it. 

• Upvote 1

Surely it is about the number of dollars at end of the month, not the number of customers - that is not the same thing.

What would you rather (hypothetically) do?.....shag 20 people like me at 4000 a pop, or shag 60 people like me at 1000 a pop?

And what gets you more dollars at the end of the month?

And you build a "difficult to get" image at the same time, which attracts even more people to try, which will include more 4000 a pop punters, etc, etc

Maybe she is smarter than you think

Could be, but I will never find out. 

I couldn't even imagine trying to talk to any hooker who puts herself on some sort of pedestal and would be just as likely to send me packing as to talk with me and maybe become one of the "lucky ones" who was fortunate to have 20 minutes of starfish time with her; fuck that.

In my opinion this kid is one of the most used-up LB's in all of Thailand and despite crossing paths with her for 10 years now I never had any interest; if she told me I could spend a night with her for free I'd still pass.  Her face and body are OK but there are younger, fresher ladyboys who are just as good- looking coming off the bus from Issan practically every day without that "my shit-don't stink" attitude.

I've seen her out on that stool dozens of times with that plastic smile and phony attitude, and I've seen that little cock in various photo spreads around the 'net; frankly she does nothing for me and never has.

The owner of the forum has very kindly allowed me to post a link to my new book about the Ladyboy phenomenon which is Amy Amore !

Please feel free to ask questions and I'll get back to you ASAP ! 

Who is the publisher Joe?

And am I hallucinating, or did I hear correctly that it's available through amazon?

You did say that & I can relate. A ladyboy can disappoint, a good curry never does. (Emphasis on 'good')

I suggest she couldn't help but lie to you but it's re-assuring you recognise that. Amy has a huge ego fueled by her 'stardom' & she would find it hard to confess to her failings. Did you notice her alcohol intake while you interviewed her? I have sat in the Lucky Star Bar (it's the bar next to her stool) on different nights when the waitress has told me she has drunk multiple bottles of wine. Three or four bottles each time. One night I was behind her & she was signing for her sixth bottle but she was sharing it with a friend. I couldn't cope with that but it might help explain her attitude to innocent punters wanting to talk to her.

A psychological storm going on inside your head...   nicely put. Reminds me of the line "how can this be so wrong when it feels so right".

I have a theory that to compensate for their sex (their birth gender) they push the femininity boundary further than any female would be comfortable doing. Combine that with a male's sex drive (in some cases, not all) they make for an explosive bed partner. For those who haven't tasted the forbidden fruit it is impossible to describe & each of us gets to experience it differently. We bring our own baggage to the encounter but when it clicks...    OMG!! there's nothing like it. 

When I was over there getting material for the book I actually went back to the hotel alone many times, even without a curry ! Perhaps I'm getting old. I actually surprised myself :sorry: !!

I didn't see her drink, I did the main interview in my hotel room and she was quite sober, even very happy to talk and share stuff. The rest I gathered from spending time with her at the bar and we also spent  a day in the city and visited a Hindu Temple.  

I can't drink much either, but you can imagine how easy it would be to slip into larger and larger amounts if you're sat down every day on a bar stool watching gorkers and porkers slither by !

I like your theory. I have a whole section on theories about why men like ladyboys and this idea kind of comes into it. 

Cheers Pacman

Joe Tex 

Who is the publisher Joe?

And am I hallucinating, or did I hear correctly that it's available through amazon?

Hi Ken,

Yes, it's available through Amazon though in the next couple of weeks I'll also be selling it from my own website. 

Cheers 

Tex

Surely it is about the number of dollars at end of the month, not the number of customers - that is not the same thing.

What would you rather (hypothetically) do?.....shag 20 people like me at 4000 a pop, or shag 60 people like me at 1000 a pop?

And what gets you more dollars at the end of the month?

And you build a "difficult to get" image at the same time, which attracts even more people to try, which will include more 4000 a pop punters, etc, etc

Maybe she is smarter than you think

Good point ! 

The figures must work out somewhere otherwise she may have already changed her tack.

And as far as smartness goes, I think she has a pretty high level. She is strong, loud and relentless and has yet to be cheated by people who do business with her, unlike some others I could mention.