American Busted For Lewd Acts With Underage Girl From Coconut Bar

pdogg

It is much better to just pay a barfine and have a much higher probability that a girl is indeed of legal age.

Although some guys have great success with Beach Road girls, it's not a good idea for newcomers. Higher chance of getting robbed too.

A 38 year old American was caught in a compromising position with a 13 year old girl after meeting her on Pattaya Beach, early on Tuesday Morning.

Police monitored the exchange covertly until the pair arrived at the room. Moments later officers entered the room and found the pair in a state of undress. He revealed that he had paid the girl 700 Baht for her to accompany him to the room but he was told by her that she was 19 years old and Mr. Rosenthal was allegedly unaware of her real age.

http://www.pattayaone.net/pattaya-news/72264/american-accused-unlawful-encounter-13-year-girl-pattaya-beach/

• Upvote 1

Amazing... Just a bit unlucky.... Police were about to remove a 13 yr old at 4am...

Smells like a sting operation to me... Poor bastard!!

"Smells like"???

I don't think there could be any doubt. This bonehead may not even know what sort of doorway he has just opened into hell. His life is over. (Unless it's only about extortion, rather than proving to the international press that Thailand doesn't stand for underage sex).

• Upvote 1

Its a sting operation... No condoning his actions... But the police used her to their own end.

I suspect she looked well beyong her years and why the police used her in the sting.

Again no condoning the actions but just maybe he was unlucky.

I just finished reading another interesting book.... The police in nana used to use a 15 yr old to set up guys in soi 7 with the same modus operandi. Door busted down just after they entered the room and got naked.... How? ... The girls sends sms and room number to police. Going rate to get released from lockup was 50000 baht. Btw source of the girl was a raid on the nana clubs... Instead of jail, they offered her a way out, not a way home!!

The hotel i stayed in Angeles was caught up in a police scam.... This time underage girls with id from clubs... Just when you thought you were safe.

On my last trip the small girl i took back was in her early twenties.. Her form of id... Her bar id issued by the local area. Form used to establish her age and accpeted by the authorities... Was.... A letter confirming no record existed of her name and date in the registry.... I shit u not.... So proof of age was a document to confirm she didn't exist.. Hmmm.... Not so cut and dried....

• Upvote 1

There is no chance he could of mistaken a 13 year old for someone over 18. The guy is a pedo and deserves to have his knees shot out.

Wouldn't selectively quote in this case.... As it distorts the meaning of what i posted.

You should know age of consent is 15, not 18. So if you can tell that with an asian girl.... Good luck.

As piggdog says, take them from a bar.... Least it gives you a better chance of staying out of trouble. And even on that note from a bar a girl is meant to be 20 or 21 was my understanding... Again that should raise a few eyebrows...

And a well frequented lb bar in pattaya has been employing under 18's for years.... So.... Again......

As Azza writes, there are indeed underage in the bars...in both Pattaya and Bangkok...I'd wager that most of us who have been around a bit have been fooled at one time or another...

The newer guys best defense is to stay in a hotel that requires the lady or the boy or combo to leave their ID at the desk...

And if you can add and subtract and remember what year it is...Take a looksee at their ID before the barfine is paid or you agree to take them back to your room or a room...Their birth date is on their ID...Course that doesn't mean that they are carrying their real ID...

And remember that they compute age differently than we do...They add a year...For example if they are nineteen they will likely say that they are 20...In their 20th year is what they mean...

Now this here guy who is the subject of this thread is kinda sorta SOL cause these charges and/or convictions are gonna follow him to the good ole USA and become a part of his record here...He's basically fucked for life...And he did it to himself...He took that old phrase, "go fuck yourself" a bit too seriously...

• Upvote 1

There is no chance he could of mistaken a 13 year old for someone over 18. The guy is a pedo and deserves to have his knees shot out.

No one is defending pedophiles but there is every chance of making this mistake. And as Azza wrote, the only reason the police used her is because she could pass for being older.

You should know age of consent is 15, not 18. So if you can tell that with an asian girl.... Good luck. 

Exactly!

With the onset of puberty starting earlier than ever these days, there are many a young teen going out to bars & being served. I personally know parents worried that their 13yo daughter could get served alcohol in any bar they went to & had to regularly tell gentleman callers on the phone that their daughter was a child. And don't ask me why they were still allowed out, that argument was exhausted long ago.

It's actually worse in LOS because of the economic imperative of earning the money their daughter can make. There a gentleman caller would be encouraged. Who do you think is responsible for that 13yo in Pattaya for being there in the first place? Mother of course.

• Upvote 1

No one is defending pedophiles but there is every chance of making this mistake. And as Azza wrote, the only reason the police used her is because she could pass for being older.

Exactly!

With the onset of puberty starting earlier than ever these days, there are many a young teen going out to bars & being served. I personally know parents worried that their 13yo daughter could get served alcohol in any bar they went to & had to regularly tell gentleman callers on the phone that their daughter was a child. And don't ask me why they were still allowed out, that argument was exhausted long ago.

It's actually worse in LOS because of the economic imperative of earning the money their daughter can make. There a gentleman caller would be encouraged. Who do you think is responsible for that 13yo in Pattaya for being there in the first place? Mother of course.

I have also known very young GGs who had fled the village after being molested by a family member, particularly by step-fathers.  Glass

• 2 weeks later...

Dont be a cheap ass, pay the bar fine. What 500 bhat, $17.00. You spend all that money than become a cheap Charlie.

Paying a barfine guarantees you nothing. As Kahuna and others have said bars have, do and will continue to employ girls under 18 years of age and they have either fake or borrowed ID cards in their possession too so even a receptionist will likely accept them into the hotel.

Azza mentioned the age of consent being 15yo, I too believe this to be true but from what I understand, regarding us foreigners, is that you carry the laws from your own country with you when you travel abroad. However, with consent of from the girl's parents it may go no further if the farang was willing to give them a payday.

The responsibility lies only with one person, you. If in doubt just settle for a blowjob in a secluded alleyway or piece of waste ground, or just leave her and choose someone else.

Regards the guy in the initial story; it does sound like a case of entrapment and an attempt at a quick payday for the cops, perhaps even her and the girl's family if it stretches on. Most likely the girl involved was working knowingly for the cops to avoid or work-off some previous. Entrapment seems not an uncommon practice in Thailand.